Movie or TV show scenes that caught your interest?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lgcm
    • Aug 2021

Movie or TV show scenes that caught your interest?

I remember a particular Spongebob episode where he inflates his pants and flies around town. When I first watched it, I didn't recognise that I had a fetish at this point but for some reason it always stuck in my mind...now I know why haha.

Another is in Hotel Transylvania 2, Dracula blows up his 'goo' friend into a big balloon and the gang all jump on him and ride him back to the hotel.

Are there any scenes from movies or TV shows that you remember more fondly because of this fetish?

*EDIT: For those interested in the clips
    - Hotel Transylvania - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPIcHe16f8
    - Spongebob Squarepants - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkYN7Ov5oMw
    Last edited by Lgcm; 30-08-2021, 08:47.
  • randomlooner316
    • Apr 2021

Re: Movie or TV show scenes that caught your interest?

An episode of Scrubs had JD with a patient who only spoke German. In a cut away where JD imagines trying to communicate with him they are dancing to 99 luft balloons as red balloons drop. Later in the episode they visit this joke again when JD imagines trying to apologize to an ex-girlfriend and her family.

Comment

• glovepopper
      • May 2019

This scene from the MASH series (s4e11) stuck in my memory for a long time - 2 guys blowing surgical gloves and then burst them with needles:

I was a teenager when I saw it on TV...

Comment

• looneylooner
        • Oct 2020

Ending of the first Austin Powers film. Liz Hurly blows up a "Worm" balloon to cover up Austin's nudity. I was rock hard watching that as a 13 year old lol

Comment

• Common Loon
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by looneylooner
          Ending of the first Austin Powers film. Liz Hurly blows up a "Worm" balloon to cover up Austin's nudity. I was rock hard watching that as a 13 year old lol
          Oh yeah I love that moment too... because she's naked too (though of course strategically hidden), and because you can tell that the balloon was prestretched before she inflates it, and because she blows it up really big -- which is part of the joke lol.

Of course when I saw the scene the first time I really thought the punch line would be for the balloon to pop, but letting it fly away with a raspberry noise is better for comedy I guess

Comment

• Chip67
            • Dec 2019

My favorite film is "The Red Balloon". I am sure most have seen this wonderful French Film from 1956 about a boy named Pascal who befriends a Red Balloon tied to a lampost. The two of them go everywhere around Paris. The ending of the film is what really got me. All the balloons of Paris come down to Pascal and twist their strings into one strong one and lift him up into the air for a wonderful trip all around the world.

Comment

• npratt
              • Jul 2016

This will show my age, but Batman TV series episode "The Puzzles Are Coming". Batman and Robin are at a balloon factory where an attractive female receptionist inflates a balloon.

There's also one where the Penguin has trapped our dynamic duo in a decompression chamber with helium balloons that pop as the pressure drops. Spoiler: Batman saves both himself and Robin with his supply of Bat-Oxygen on his utility belt.

Comment

• Seidenki
                • Dec 2016

There was an early episode of The United States Of Tara where the daughter (played by a young Brie Larsson!) blow up some balloons for a streaming video show.

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                  • Apr 2021

[QUOTE=Lgcm;77021]I remember a particular Spongebob episode where he inflates his pants and flies around town. When I first watched it, I didn't recognise that I had a fetish at this point but for some reason it always stuck in my mind...now I know why haha.

Another is in Hotel Transylvania 2, Dracula blows up his 'goo' friend into a big balloon and the gang all jump on him and ride him back to the hotel.

Those are by far two of my absolute favorite inflation scenes of all time!
                  Especially the Spongebob episode! The whole episode was entirely about his inflatable pants! Spongebob had a lot of great inflation stuff throughout the whole series, it was awesome!

Comment

• Meililoon
                    aka lyckr
                    • Sep 2014

This is definitely the scene I remember the best from my teens. I can't remember if I was aware of the fetish or not when I watched it, but I did enjoy it.

In more recent times, the dance scene from Better Off Dead really stands out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvNPHPlVDZs

Comment

• Scaredyburst
                      • Dec 2020

The TV series 'It's a Knockout' often had games where the balloons had to be burst by various means, standing on them, BTP, flame. pins.

One that stuck in my mind (where you weren't supposed to burst them, was where the balloons had to be put into a tall transparent box - see how many you could get in. Problem was, there were pins inside near the top, so the balloon had to be posted in oh so carefully. And then the lid had to be shut!
                      🎈📌💥 🐕 🐖

Comment

• Lgcm
                        • Aug 2021

[QUOTE=Qbubbleballoon (:;77149]
                        Originally posted by Lgcm
                        I remember a particular Spongebob episode where he inflates his pants and flies around town. When I first watched it, I didn't recognise that I had a fetish at this point but for some reason it always stuck in my mind...now I know why haha.

Those are by far two of my absolute favorite inflation scenes of all time!
                        Especially the Spongebob episode! The whole episode was entirely about his inflatable pants! Spongebob had a lot of great inflation stuff throughout the whole series, it was awesome!
                        Best episode! I can't stop watching it haha.

Comment

• Orzel
                          • Nov 2015

There is this one guy on Twitter who posts balloon scenes from various cartoons and such.

Might be interesting to some.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                            • May 2020

Grey's Anatomy seems to use balloons at least a couple times a season in the background. Three episodes on particular stand out to me. One is when they hold a prom in the hospital and two of the main characters are filling up helium balloons. Second is a "sex" scene with Meredith and Derek in front of a fireplace surrounded by balloon bouquets. Third is a New Years Eve party with a bunch of 16" and larger helium balloons.

Comment

• BusterBill
                              Founder, Balloon Buddies
                              • Nov 2016

Someone made a GIF of that scene ... it's here.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎