Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesPopper
    • Nov 2016

Making clusters with TT17's?

Every time ive tried this when I get above 4 balloons the necks start to stretch too much which has resulted in shitloads of loons with holes in the necks or straight up pops. Any tips?
  • Seidenki
    • Dec 2016

Re: Making clusters with TT17's?

I haven't tried this, but maybe you could use uninflated modelling balloons tied to each neck to give them room to fit.

What gave me the idea is a display I saw one year in a shopping mall of literally hundreds of linking balloons. They used uninflated link balloons to create loops and ties to anchor the strings of inflated balloons. Which I thought was quite innovative.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
      Banned
      • Dec 2018

Re: Making clusters with TT17's?

Originally posted by JamesPopper
      Every time ive tried this when I get above 4 balloons the necks start to stretch too much which has resulted in shitloads of loons with holes in the necks or straight up pops. Any tips?
      When trying to create balloon-arches, either using air-filled or helium-filled balloons, you need to:

1) Use good quality, fresh balloons, not old ones.

2) Underinflate them, not overinflate them.

3) Make sure that your nails are not sharp, and you aren't wearing any rings or jewellery or anything else that might tear into the latex, or cause them to pop.

If you inflate them to their full-size, or overinflate them, you risk stressing the latex, and it can result - as you've discovered - in popping. Likewise, if you use old balloons, rather than fresh ones, they can develop tears in the neck, and this can then result in balloons deflating and going saggy a few hours or a day or two later. Underinflating them, allows the balloons room to stretch and distort, without popping. And when they are being clustered together, you'd be surprised at how much strain you are putting them under, especially around the neck areas.

Unfortunately, there's no real fix for these issues, other than the ones I've mentioned above. Creating an arch is a real skill, and you need to make sure you do it slowly and carefully. Don't try and rush it.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎