But... COVID is still alive! Mouth inflation during giveaway.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • condensatelover
    • Jan 2022

But... COVID is still alive! Mouth inflation during giveaway.

It is boiling in Moscow, so people are chilling on river banks.
    Of course, we have some beaches on Moscow river, and the nearest is in 1 mile or less. And they have some beach balls for free. They are already inflated, I tried to take new ones, but, unfortunately, they said no. So I took 2 of them, put one into my backpack, and one into a helmet bag (I ride a small motorcycle). And, when I was going to leave, I noticed some condensation in freshly blown beachballs. Two 20-25 year girls were inflating them in a small building and then putting them into a large basket outside. When I was walking to a parking station, I saw young girls messing with beachballs, they were inflating them super tightly and passing valves.
    The corona is no more dangerous? I have big doubts.
  • RLMI
    • Jul 2021

Re: But... COVID is still alive! Mouth inflation during giveaway.

I think people have forgotten the severity of COVID and reverted to old ways of convenience.

Recently I've seen two restaurants which use balloons as promotional items, and the staff were blowing the balloons by mouth and handing them out. Fortunately they were not necked up, but just nice and full, so I didn't witness any pops.

I was at a Sunday market and there was a local dance school promoting its programs, and they were giving out signwritten 24in clear beach balls. All the beach balls were being blown up by mouth and there was significant condensation and even drips of moisture inside the balls. Nobody seemed to be concerned at all.

Comment

• AJK64
      • Jun 2018

Many people in our world are really dumb.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
        • Nov 2016

If you're hanging out in close proximity to friends, you're already at risk. COVID is not really transmitted by surface contact, it's transmitted mostly by inhaling aerosolized particles from breathing. Yes, COVID is still all over but this particular thing doesn't sound like a big deal compared to going to a concert or something. It's really hard to say what the pandemic is doing right now, the BA.5 subvariant has kept cases very high for months, unlike the previous short waves, even though reported cases are very low (since people just test at home; wastewater surveillance tells the true story). It seems like the disease has gotten less severe, presenting as a cold in many people, but it's still a very strange disease and hits everyone a little differently. I had an earlier Omicron subvariant and was left with some long-term symptoms, so it's still not entirely harmless.

Comment

• glovepopper
          • May 2019

The current variant of COVID (omicron) is much less deadly than the one from 2 years ago. I know because I went through both and the symptoms were much milder the second time. It was like a slight flu and lasted a week.

Comment

• condensatelover
            • Jan 2022

The coronavirus is still active, but yes, it is not as deadly as first variant. My grandpa passed away from Delta in 2021. Corona literally killed him. On 24th September he said that he had some symptoms, he was taken to a hospital immediately, but his heart stopped beating on 29th September.
            I loved him so much...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍