Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RLMI
    • Jul 2021

Encountering overinflated balloons in public

How does everyone cope when they come across overinflated balloons in public?

Not sure if it is just coincidental, or if the winter weather causes people to lose control of their exhalation into the balloons, but I've been at two places this weekend where massively overinflated balloons "featured" prominently.

The first was a local cafe which had been decorated with balloons on the walls and out the front, tied in bunches of 4. I never saw any inflating, although I noticed that every balloon was fully necked and absolutely straining. Looked like 10 inchers blown up to about 14, all shiny (for now) and beautifully glassy and transparent. Miraculously there were no pops during my time at the cafe.

The second location was at a shopping centre, where a dance group was doing a mini-concert. Each dancer did their routine on stage holding a balloon. Each and every balloon was also grossly overinflated, and these ones looked like the balloons in the video below. The necks were so big that the dancers held the balloons using the necks like a handle, instead of holding the knot. During the performance, three balloons exploded violently just from being held. They were very very loud and startled everyone.

I wonder why whoever blew up the balloons blew them so huge?

I'm on holidays in Sydney and today visiting "Rashays", a family restaurant. "Rashays" had many Balloons as decorations on display, so I asked for a flat on...
  • zhilman
    • Dec 2018

Re: Encountering overinflated balloons in public

My brother likes to do this when I bought balloons during my children days. He would overinflate till neck developed without prestretching the neck. It does sound scary right? Huhu

Comment

• Seidenki
      • Dec 2016

I've encountered a number of people down through the years who simply believe a balloon isn't fully inflated until it has a decent neck. No idea if they were looners, but I doubt it. These people are also those who expect some balloons to expire spontaneously at any time. "It's just what balloons do." Well, yes, if you blow them all up that far, then yes, they will! :-D

Comment

• RLMI
        • Jul 2021

Yes, for sure, I know quite a few people who believe that a balloon should be blown up till it's filled up all the way, till it's straining against their mouth.

Had many experiences in my childhood where I was surrounded by balloons being necked, sometimes till they burst. I'd say the majority of balloons we blew up during school ended up being tight and necked out, with variable lifespans. We also never prestretched or took any precautions.

We often had to get our parents or other adults to tie them for us.

Comment

I do see overinflated ones every now and then, mostly at small fast food places or cafes other than that I mostly used to see them at birthday parties or in school, school was probably the worst for it as most of the time when the balloons got a neck and actually survived the other kids would play really roughly with them and then be very confused when they popped

Comment

• Slugamano
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Seidenki
            Well, yes, if you blow them all up that far, then yes, they will! :-D
            And I like it

Comment

• aron_crow
              • May 2020

I try to hide my anxiety, even though I am fine with the pop, I know it would kind of arouse me a little bit. I have seen mass decorations outside shops and in malls, and most of them are normally inflated.

I think the over-inflation happens only in the ones inflated more "personally". And there would definitely be someone who would like it to either be fully blown up or outright burst at any time, or they may not be familiar with the balloon physics and think that it pops randomly.

Comment

• AJK64
                • Jun 2018

I had a friend growing up who thought that it was a waste of a balloon to not blow it as tight as possible.

I remember one time in particular. We both had to blow balloons up for my gran at christmas time and he (my friend) kept accidentally over inflating them til they burst trying to get them as tight as possible. He also took the ones I blew up and added a few extra breaths to get mine extra big and tight too. Most of the balloons that survived his inflating technique, spontaneously burst through the day anyway as they were ridiculously tight. I had to blow up a whole new lot for my gran the following day to replace them Haha.

Comment

• Semipop
                  • Jun 2022

I always remember an occasion when an uncle of mine inflated some 12" balloons far too tight with their necks obscenely extended. He tied them off and formed a couple of bunches of them for a kids party. Amazingly, they al survived the party and I kept looking at them partially excited by them and partially concerned that they would burst at any moment. Anyway, when the party was over and we'd cleared up, I asked my uncle 'what about those balloons' and he took a hot air dryer from the bathroom, turned it on and applied the hot air to the poor balloons and one-by-one they went of BANG with an amazing explosion of shreds. I think he enjoyed bursting them! Afterwards, I had to go to the bathroom as I needed to burst!

Comment

• AgroTurtle
                    • Jun 2021

Was at final celebration day of highschool today and we were meant to play a game with balloons where you made a chair out of them. What ended up happening was just a bunch of people bursting balloons. One person in my group of friends kept pushing them right to their limits until eventually they would burst really loud. Felt super awkward but was able to avoid anything embarrassing.

Comment

• q16popper
                      • Jun 2022

Originally posted by RLMI
                      How does everyone cope when they come across overinflated balloons in public?

Not sure if it is just coincidental, or if the winter weather causes people to lose control of their exhalation into the balloons, but I've been at two places this weekend where massively overinflated balloons "featured" prominently.

The first was a local cafe which had been decorated with balloons on the walls and out the front, tied in bunches of 4. I never saw any inflating, although I noticed that every balloon was fully necked and absolutely straining. Looked like 10 inchers blown up to about 14, all shiny (for now) and beautifully glassy and transparent. Miraculously there were no pops during my time at the cafe.

The second location was at a shopping centre, where a dance group was doing a mini-concert. Each dancer did their routine on stage holding a balloon. Each and every balloon was also grossly overinflated, and these ones looked like the balloons in the video below. The necks were so big that the dancers held the balloons using the necks like a handle, instead of holding the knot. During the performance, three balloons exploded violently just from being held. They were very very loud and startled everyone.

I wonder why whoever blew up the balloons blew them so huge?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OUi96s0QdmM
                      That's how ALL balloons should be blown up - nothing worse (for me) than an underinflated balloon

Comment

• aron_crow
                        • May 2020

I try my best to act normal, knowing that a pop would either scare me or arouse me lol

Comment

• Golden
                          • Jun 2022

Oh boy I recall when I was working a government contact years ago. They had a shop where you could buy snacks and such. There was the lady every day when she was all about tight tight balloons...watching her blowing them up was magical. This one time I have her tt 17s and we talked while she blew them up. She popped one and the shard of the wet balloon hit me on my face it was so fucking hot. Then blew up another one..no popping this time. Hugged it and kissed it. Then hung it up. Fuck if she wasn't married...I tell ya...

I always found an excuse to visit that place when she left the balloons blowing stopped.
                          Last edited by Golden; 02-08-2022, 11:19. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

• perchedontheloon
                            • Dec 2014

I was at a farmer's market a few years ago and there was a vendor handing out balloons to kids, no helium but just air inflated. These balloons were pretty basic, standard 11" balloons and most weren't all that tight.

I leave for a bit then come back, the vendor is handing out much larger balloons, had to be 16 or 17" and all were tightly inflated, super glossy balloons. I wasn't even scared, just more surprised by the change.

I was helping blow up balloons for a wedding once and of course nobody had any idea about my kink. Being in a room with beautiful women blowing up balloons isn't all that bad. But the bride said "make sure you get them nice and tight with necks." Which I thought was a little odd. Never thought she was a looner or anything, but they were just going to be laid out on the dance floor, end they need to be tight?

Comment

• archistrong
                              • Jun 2017

This just happened to me over the weekend. Was visiting New York city for the first time and got off the subway around NYU. Saw a beautiful lady carrying a huge bunch of 50 very tightly inflated 12” white and silver balloons right in front of me. I was rather shocked as I hadn’t seen really overinflated balloons in public before. Took a turn on the next street heading to a dinner spot when I hear a huge bang echo through the city. It was so hot that they were starting to burst! Walk another 10min to where I was grabbing dinner, and took a seat on the outdoor sidewalk patio. Not two minutes later she walks up behind me and pauses, looking at the address to the building. She said she was bringing the balloons to a friends apartment for a party…only problem is that the apartment entrance is through a tiny door and this bunch had to be at least 6’ in diameter.

Just then, another one explodes from the heat! Her friend comes down and they talk briefly about how in the world they’re going to get this massive bunch of balloons through a metal gate and narrow door up to the apartment. They separate the bundle in half and, while holding the doors open, start shoving them through into the stairway. How only one more popped I have no idea, what with how much rusty iron and rough brick there was.

Can only imagine what that party was like!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎