Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TooBigToFail
    • Feb 2019

$500 Looner Birthday

A looner friend gives you $500 to do balloons for a birthday party. You can buy a helium tank with the money if you want and have no size restriction (besides what would fit in a house with 10ft ceilings).

Your friend is also terrible party planner and has given you full control over logistics. You can decide to invite over guests, or to have just your friend and you over, or just your friend by themselves.

How do you decide to set up the balloons? Do you want your friend to play with the balloons and how so? Would you like to share the balloon fun with your friend?
  • Common Loon
    • Aug 2020

Re: $500 Looner Birthday

Well let's see, you said they were a "looner friend" so, yes -- I would think they'd want to play with the balloons at some point! If we know any other looner friends/couples I'd invite them; otherwise, our most kink-positive mutual friends, lol. Make it a pretty small gathering because we'll need a lot of room for balloons!

So I'd want there to be some opportunity to share the fun, innocently, during the party but then also a ton of balloons left over after the party for them to enjoy. I'd spend $150 on a half cylinder of helium and use the other $350 to go hog-wild buying balloons... at least three or four 100-count bags of 11"s, a couple hundred 17"s, a few dozen 24" and 36", and a small assortment of fun shapes and big zeppelins.

I'd have to have them give me the whole day beforehand (or maybe send them away for me to do it overnight the night before) to set up... it will take a lot of time to inflate that many balloons by myself!

Most of the 11"s, I would make airfilled spiral arches/columns and topiary balls with, just to get the space filled with color and shine. The 17"s are where I'd invest most of the helium, airblowing them first to max them out and then filling them to the brim and making big floor-to-ceiling bouquets. When the helium runs out I'd air blow the rest and loosely tether them into the spiral columns. I'd also get a big colorful bowl to put uninflated balloons into for my friend and their guests to grab, mixing some 11s and 17s in it to get the collection started.

At this point the house is probably getting pretty full with latex everywhere. So as I blow the 24"s and 36"s I'll be looking for places to put them where they won't be directly in guests' way. I'd blow up the figure balloons (giant bunnies, mice, bears, and ducks) and loosely tie them atop some of the 11" columns as centerpieces. I'll put in some uninflated 24"s and 36"s to the grab-bowl, enough that each guest could have a couple.

And then we just serve some food and some good alcoholic beverages and see how the night develops...! If it's a popping crowd, I have to imagine we'd tear through a lot of the balloons that night but leave a few of the special ones for the guest of honor to enjoy later. If it's a nonpopping crowd... well... then I suppose I would send the guest of honor and our friends out for a quick bar-hop at the end of the party while I stayed behind and tidied up.

Fun to think about. What would others want to do?

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎