• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SitpoppingLoons14
    Extreme Sit-popper
    • Mar 2016

Re: Buying anxiety

Originally posted by lyckr
    I really wish we had some party stores with a decent balloon selection here, although even if we did, they'd probably still be ridicously expensive The best places to get balloons here are bookstores or stores that sell all kinds of household stuff, so it looks a bit stranger if someone buys large amounts of balloons.
    That is EXACTLY my problem. The bookstore. :/
    You never know when it's gonna pop!

Comment

• thevinylrider
      • Apr 2016

I bought more than a reasonable share of pool inflatables once. The older cashier didn't say anything but there was something in how she looked at me, think she knew something weird was goin on!

Comment

• HappyJ
        • May 2016

If im going to be buying some balloons, i tend to buy a ton of lollies and chocolate with them. The good thing about this is that the balloons are displayed right next to the lollies so i can always just treat it as an impulse buy. I've been asked whats all this for by the cashier but i can always say im having some friends over. An extra plus is i have enough chocolate and lollies to last me a loooong time

Comment

• bigbouncyballs
          • May 2016

I know how you feel man. There was this store where I used to buy balloons and beach balls, and after many visits, the store clerk asked why I kept coming back for more. I just buy all my stuff online now, saves any problems and I enjoy opening mail

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
            • Mar 2016

I still live with my parents, so I can't discreetly order anything.

Comment

• Looner6009
              • Apr 2016

I understand the anxiety part, it used to be real bad. I dont have any party stores nearby but the local walmart always has tons of balloons.

One time i asked my girlfriend to buy some when she went shopping, even she got a little anxious but figured nobody would notice or care. At the checkout lane my EX wife entered the lane right behind my current GF right as the worker was scanning the balloons, I guess they both gave eachother a big smile and both knowing exactly what they balloons were for.

Nowadays i work overnights and stop at the store around 3am. after work, if its a different worker from the last time i bought i felt comfortable. Prior i had bought about 300 balloons, and got asked if it was a big party, and two weeks later im buying 300 more with that same worker...nothing was said, but felt odd.

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
                Extreme Sit-popper
                • Mar 2016

I had my chance to buy balloons today, but the anxiety took over and I saw the girl at the store giving me weird looks. I noped the fuck out of there.

Damn, if people could just stop fetish-shaming.

Haven't played with balloons for more than 3 months.
                Anyone care to send me some?

Comment

• Looner Nisden
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by SitpoppingLoons14
                  I had my chance to buy balloons today, but the anxiety took over and I saw the girl at the store giving me weird looks. I noped the fuck out of there.

Really, there's only one way to get over your anxiety: Just face it. It's like getting over your fear of flying. I had it, and once I took my first flight on vacation, I was like 'Oh, this is it?'

When I first went to buy balloons a long time ago in my local supermarket, I was nervous as hell too, to be honest! I felt sweat running down my forehead when the cashier grabbed the bag to scan it, haha.

After a while, I went to buy some more again, but this time that was in a toy store. I grabbed the bags of balloons I wanted to buy and at the check stand there was this really hot girl! But... this time I didn't feel nervous at all, because in my thoughts I was like 'Oh, nothing wrong here, just gonna throw someone a party'. She didn't say anything, neither did I. I paid for them and wished her a pleasant day. Just a regular day at work, I guess.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by SitpoppingLoons14

Just walk into the store, grab a pack or two and ignore them. If they ask, say it's your mother's birthday or something, it's completely normal to buy balloons.

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
                      Extreme Sit-popper
                      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Looner Nisden
                      Really, there's only one way to get over your anxiety: Just face it. It's like getting over your fear of flying. I had it, and once I took my first flight on vacation, I was like 'Oh, this is it?'

When I first went to buy balloons a long time ago in my local supermarket, I was nervous as hell too, to be honest! I felt sweat running down my forehead when the cashier grabbed the bag to scan it, haha.

After a while, I went to buy some more again, but this time that was in a toy store. I grabbed the bags of balloons I wanted to buy and at the check stand there was this really hot girl! But... this time I didn't feel nervous at all, because in my thoughts I was like 'Oh, nothing wrong here, just gonna throw someone a party'. She didn't say anything, neither did I. I paid for them and wished her a pleasant day. Just a regular day at work, I guess.
                      Will try to buy some a few weeks from now, maybe they won't remember or a different girl (possibly a hot one) sells them.

Wish me luck.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Oh,yes I was the moron back in my teens approaching the cute cashier at the local toys R us with bags of twelve inchers...all kinds of sweating & shaking like an idiot! " Hello, yes I'd like to purchase these balloons today that are not for me, yes these balloons right here...if you'd kindly ring me up I'd be very much obliged. ..yes I'd like a bag, please. ..thank you... " the cashier's reply: "sure!" Now I mostly buy online but I do occasionally stop at party city to have a nice balloon conversation with the cute girl that works there as well as 're stock ...tho I love the freedom of buying hordes online,hee,hee! :P what must my credit union think when they print up my transaction statements, lol!!!

Comment

• marja

Today I went to a party store. I had been there before, but I never found large balloons myself.
                          I went into the shop. The balloons were located next to the door. But I had to walk in a little bit further because the doorbell kept ringing because I was to close to the door. I don't know if it was annoying the shop keeper, but at least it was annoying me.
                          I had a look for a few minutes and didn't find any larger balloon. So I decided to ask the woman at the desk. i told her I wanted "balloons that were slightly larger than regular ones". She pointed me at the metallic ones. (I think they are 14".) I should buy those, she said. She added "it is this size or "skippyball size" (bouncing ball size).
                          So I decided that I would go for the 14" balloons. They had open bags with the balloons and i could select individual colors. So I am curious how good these balloons still are...
                          When I paid the woman said "you have to fully inflate them and then let some air out before tying them." I was too shy to ask her about her definition of "fully inflate a balloon" . I am curious how she would have reacted if I asked her.
                          So I bought some balloons that may be not that special, but at least it was fun buying them!

Comment

• wildheart
                            • Apr 2015

Fully inflated can be different for each person. In her mind it was probably rated size. In your mind I bet it's incredibly tight with the neck bulging around your lips.

Tell us what they were like.
                            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• marja

Yes fully inflated is different for each person. I guess for me it is more full than for her. But off course I am not sure. Perhaps she blows them as big as I like to do.

But I have to say I am happy with the balloons. I bought several colors and they get a really nice neck! (Only the brown balloons don't get that big.)

Comment

• Meililoon
                                aka lyckr
                                • Sep 2014

I've realized lately that I'm overinflating most balloons without thinking now, just because I'm so used to wanting them to have a little neck and be quite tight

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎