Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJK64
    • Jun 2018

Types of non looners

Just as we categorise ourselves along the lines of what we like from balloons (Popper, semi popper, non popper etc). I think non looners also seem to fit into types with regards balloons.

I've observed people who:

Just see balloons as decorations. Then these types are then either poppers or non poppers.

There are those who enjoy balloons as party toys and will actively play with them. And again these are either poppers or non poppers.

There are those who see balloons as noise makers and will burst them when the occasion arises such as balloon drops.

Then there are those who burst every balloon they get their hands on and really enjoy bursting.

From my experience also, the last type seem to be the ones who understand our fetish the most if we tell them about it.

What does everyone else think?
  • Dust of the Saturn
    Stretched like space-time
    • Feb 2018

Re: Types of non looners

I think you completely forgot the biggest type which actually has a very controversial outlook on balloons that clashes with us.

Balloon phobics. These people either completely hate balloons and wishes them to be banned and or removed from society and sees them as active polluters to the planet.
    And then you have the ones who are phobic of them but still regard them as somehow beautiful or at least understand the entertainment value or aesthetic value they provide all the while completely avoiding them or running away when confronted with one.

I believe this is simply the most interesting group to talk about since there is not only overlap, but I believe an intersect that goes the opposite way.

Some of us were phobic of balloons and we while trying to overcome the phobia, ended up developing a fetish.
    The ones who didn't try to overcome their phobia or at least tried but didn't develop the fetish ended up "maturing" sexually and the fetish aspect of balloons never crossed their minds.

I am confident and almost certain that people who are completely afraid of balloons and are interested in overcoming their phobia are the ones who can actually end up understanding us the most and have the highest probability of indulging, trying the fetish out, or even developing it themselves.

That's my take on it.

As for the "types" you mentioned, I think its not worth categorizing as it mostly has to do with personality, confidence and behavior.
    And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

• AJK64
      • Jun 2018

I agree with your main point yeah.
      But as to those who are open to trying our fetish, I have found that so far for me it is the ones who enjoy bursting balloons anyway who are up for a bit of balloon play in the bedroom.

Comment

• LoonerHans
        • Oct 2018

I would like to add another type of non looners who can be easily perceived as looners to us. These are the people who love blowing them up big. But the sexual association while blowing up is absent.

If u ever get a partner like this, he/she can be made into a looner by creating associations only and only if he/she is open minded enough to try out stuff. Many can't digest our fetish. I had written a post long ago on why this fetish is called weird unlike foot fetish which has been normalised upto quite an extent.
        NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

• Common Loon
          • Aug 2020

Building on this thread, it almost seems like there's three axes of how people relate/respond to balloons... and particularly to the act or phenomenon of balloons popping.

Axis 1: Enjoyment Do you experience popping as fun and exciting? Or as terrifying and traumatizing? Or somewhere in between?

Axis 2: Significance How much does popping or the idea of popping compel your interest and attention? Does the thought stick with you all day? Or is it something you don't think about beforehand and quickly forget afterward? Or somewhere in between?

Axis 3: Sexual arousal This is where the rubber meets the road (heh). Are interactions with balloons, by yourself or by someone to whom you're otherwise attracted, linked to sexual feelings? Or not at all?

I do think these three axes are mostly independent, with the possible exception of 2 & 3: probably anyone who rates high on sexual arousal will not be completely zero on significance... though there definitely are some looners who are neither interested nor bothered by a balloon popping (because, e.g., their enjoyment comes from other activities, like riding/humping without the intent to pop).

Me, I've remained pretty high on Axis 2 my whole life while I've gone up in Axis 1 (as my phobia has lessened and I've learned to enjoy popping in limited situations) and gone both up and down on Axis 3 over the years.

On this scale we might rate:

Originally posted by AJK64
          (Close to zero on all axes) Just see balloons as decorations. Then these types are then either poppers or non poppers.

(Higher on Axis 1, close to zero on others) There are those who enjoy balloons as party toys and will actively play with them. And again these are either poppers or non poppers.

(Higher on Axis 1, Positive on Axis 2) There are those who see balloons as noise makers and will burst them when the occasion arises such as balloon drops.

(High on Both Axes 1 and 2) Then there are those who burst every balloon they get their hands on and really enjoy bursting.
          Originally posted by loonerfun00
          (Low on Axis 1, Positive to High on Axis 2) Balloon phobics. These people either completely hate balloons and wishes them to be banned and or removed from society and sees them as active polluters to the planet.
          And yes, it does seem like looners tend to be among those who are furthest away from zero on Axes 1 and 2... because they have either strong enjoyment or aversion to popping and also attach a great amount of significance to it.
          Last edited by Common Loon; 01-12-2021, 00:57. Reason: Added examples.

Comment

• AJK64
            • Jun 2018

Wow, that's a much more detailed analysis. I like it.

Comment

• srob2
              • Dec 2017

I don't know if a fetish is so black and white. I've never been into Cosplay, but if a hot girl wanted to dress up in the bedroom, I wouldn't turn her down and I'd be into it. Balloons are fun and maybe at little scary and naughty, and playing with someone you find attractive is a huge turn on. If a man is hetero with no kinks, a hot girl in a short dress bouncing, humping and blowing them would still be a huge turn on.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎