Old 23-04-2022, 09:40 AM

balloons4life is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TT17 formula change?**still amazing**
I think you were lucky by getting some of the last old formula tt17's!
Old 23-04-2022, 01:05 PM

racinett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TT17 formula change?
Pretty easy to tell..... What is the manufacture date on the balloons in question?

These are definately in the new bags. I also bought some of their new colors which would have to be made with their new formula
Old 25-04-2022, 08:19 AM

LoonerHoax is on a distinguished road
I've had the opposite with mine. The 17" don't seem to be as firm as I remember and get quite large. They are a little over a year old so they might just be growing due to age.
Old 26-04-2022, 06:54 PM

lucid is on a distinguished road
I've always preferred tt17's after they've gotten some age on them anyway. But obviously not so much age they turn into that half solid half liquid goop lol. There's definitely a fine line in between there. It's usually just before the colors start getting uneven and splotchey. When they are in this sweet spot, they can be pushed to 24 inches or more no problem. The old formula that is. Hopefully the new one too. Manufacturers always gotta be discontinuing all the best stuff and wrecking what they have left lol. I remember the old uniques were the same way. Now they're way smaller AND unpredictable.
Old 30-04-2022, 03:37 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
I just tried a crystal blue TT17 I bought from Jennyloons recently, after they posted that they had received a new shipment. It defenitely feels different than before and started getting very firm at 15-16". Didn't seem to want to neck on it's own either. It felt more plasticy than before too. I didn't dare to overinflate it, but it held up fine with some light bouncing on the bed.
I bought a few TT24 at the same time. Haven't tried them yet to see if they've changed as well.

Originally Posted by LoonerHoax View Post
I've had the opposite with mine. The 17" don't seem to be as firm as I remember and get quite large. They are a little over a year old so they might just be growing due to age.
They get softer and weaker with age. They can be absolutely amazing if you find the sweetspot where they're still quite reliable, but have become softer and larger.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:10 AM

Qbubbleballoon (: is on a distinguished road
I just restocked with two new bags of the 72 packs of the pink tuftex 17s with the new bag printing but I haven't tried them yet being that I still have an ample supply of the older ones but one thing I noticed...the smell...they smell like old,dirty, sweat socks! Not that I really mind its just that I truly wonder if they are of the same stuff as the old ones... From what I'm hearing about im a bit afraid to try some of the new batch now...
But as lyckr and lucid said tt17s can be absolutely amazing once aged into that sweet spot, for sure...maybe I'll let them sit for a year before using them
Old 08-05-2022, 02:10 PM

Blueballoondude89 is on a distinguished road
I always get nervous with Tuftex because of how quickly they degrade. Especially the crystal tones. Those get really soft. I always wanted to get those ones that say SALE because I like the different colors (blue with white ink, white with red or blue ink, red with white ink, yellow with black ink …) but they don’t come all together in one pack lol.