Old 15-04-2022, 10:17 PM

lucid is on a distinguished road
Default TT17 formula change?
Tuff tex is almost the only type of balloon we deal with. I Also like some of the other kinds but they are either unreliable, expensive to import or just don't get as big. I'm good with 17s and 24s all day. However, I just ordered up a few new bags of them and they came in new packaging. Then, I noticed they only got a fraction as big as what we're used to seeing. I know when they're new they don't get as big but this is a bigger difference than I've ever seen. And my cheapie intex pump couldn't even pop them. Have yall noticed a drastic difference or am I just freaking out over nothing here lol.
Old 17-04-2022, 10:37 AM

Gunnapop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TT17 formula change?
Who did you order from? There are a few Amazon sellers who call their Megatex, Tuftex. They are not the same and barely make it to 15" after a few inflations. I've been burned once, and since then...have been very cognizant of the listing details.

Gunnapop
Old 17-04-2022, 04:59 PM

balloons4life is on a distinguished road
I noticed the same thing. I ordered yellow smiley tt17's from jennyloons and they barely get to 16 inches. Quite sad. What I do is blow them up to the limit and leave them around for a while. They can get to over 17 inches if you reinflate one or two times after that.
Old 18-04-2022, 03:21 AM

balloonPatcher is on a distinguished road
You may want to check the gram weight of the balloon vs a known TT17.
Punch balls, the size rating did not change for many years but the gram weight changed from 28-30 grams, to 15-17 grams then to 9 grams. With the reduction in weight, the overinflated size also decreased.
Old 18-04-2022, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the replies everybody. I dont remember who I ordered them from but I do know for sure it wasn't anybody from Amazon. I'm almo
Old 18-04-2022, 02:59 PM

SAF is an unknown quantity at this point
The batch I got didn't seem as stretchy as they use to be. The purple balloons use to get HUGE after a few inflations. This batch are hard and don't get anywhere as big. I also noticed they do not smell the same as they use to... BOO!!!
Old 18-04-2022, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the replies everybody. I dont remember who I ordered them from but I do know for sure it wasn't anybody from Amazon. I'm almost certain they are legit tuf tex balloons. Both uninflated and after I've blown them up. The bag they came in looks different but it had all the correct markings on it. I just saw the new bag and noticed they were drastically smaller. And the magenta color is much brighter than usual. More hot pink. But I've noticed this in the last few bags I've gotten. And that's a great idea patcher. I'll weigh those out in comparison to some older ones. Thanks much for the idea.
Old 20-04-2022, 08:53 PM

AJK64 is on a distinguished road
I noticed this change a while ago. I used to love tt14 but the are now nowhere as stretchy, so I moved to tt17 which now only get around as big as the tt14s used to get. Sad really
Old 21-04-2022, 03:35 PM

racinett is on a distinguished road
hmmmm. i ordered about 5 months ago and noticed the formula changed to be a bit more plastically feeling but size still the same for some colors but a couple were differen.

i have more arriving today....will have to check them out! hopefully still good
Old 22-04-2022, 08:01 PM

racinett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TT17 formula change?**still amazing**
tried them out....just as good as i remember. batches are from middle 2021 according to packaging.

tried tangerine....stopped at 22" in diamter and about 35" end to end....may have been able to go a bit bigger.

you must have got a bad batch?