Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Balloon Time (disposable helium tank) balloons

Ugh I’m not a fan of those ones. They just look so cheap and generic and I hate the shape. If I remember correctly, back in like 1994 when it was The Party Machine, they were 9 inch Tuftex. I feel like they were Tuftex for quite awhile. In late 2001 I got a Balloon Time tank and yes they were Tuftex. Then I got another one shortly after, and they were 9 inch Unique. I got another Tuftex one in spring 2002 and then they immediately got changed to 9 inch Betallics. Which again, wasn’t the greatest looking shape. Wasn’t a fan of the color assortment either. Why couldn’t it be opaque blue or opaque red? Then around 2006 the shape changed to more of a teardrop, and they added the burgundy, lime, orange and bubblegum pink.

I think the shape is back to a lightbulb. I’m so glad I don’t rely on those tanks anymore. Imagine them being 9 inch Qualatex. Of course in the UK I think they were Qualatex.
  • Seidenki
    • Dec 2016

Re: Balloon Time (disposable helium tank) balloons

I think they multi-source them. I've had two of those little helium tanks and the balloons were very different each time. Couldn't pick the brand; but one packet said "Made in Columbia" and the other "Made in Italy".

Comment

• Tracy
      • May 2018

Yeah, the balloons that come with those disposable tanks are basically useless, at least in the USA. I'd especially recommend that non-poppers avoid them because, if my own experience is any guide, these little 9" toys are incredibly unreliable. Certainly you should not use them for helium balloons! Bad enough if they pop on you when you're just blowing them up by mouth....

~ T

Comment

• heliumsitr68
        • Nov 2021

I bought one of those Balloon Time kits last December and the balloons were made in Malaysia . And YES , they SUCK !! I prefer to buy the version that's just the tank when I can find them and use my own balloons . Over the years , the balloons that come in the kit have gotten cheaper and smaller .
        Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
          • Apr 2022

Originally posted by heliumsitr68
          I bought one of those Balloon Time kits last December and the balloons were made in Malaysia . And YES , they SUCK !! I prefer to buy the version that's just the tank when I can find them and use my own balloons . Over the years , the balloons that come in the kit have gotten cheaper and smaller .
          Oh yeah I remember the “ala carte” tanks lol. I have a real tank so I don’t have to rely on the crap “helium” (mixed with air) anymore. Yes better than nothing but over the many years I had the disposables, I wondered why the helium never felt super sturdy.

Comment

• Seidenki
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by heliumsitr68
            Over the years , the balloons that come in the kit have gotten cheaper and smaller .
            I daresay most people would prefer more balloons over larger balloons. It probably doesn't help the increase in volume to fill a larger balloon is not intuitive.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎