Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heaviest
    • Jun 2018

beach balls...on beaches

So I was looking at vacation photos on facebook and it occurred to me that there are a lot of beach balls in the photos. Beach balls...on the beach. I haven't been to a beach in decades, so it never occurred to me that beach balls are named for...beaches.

Anyway, there's one particularly interesting photo of a woman sitting on a beach ball. It's a photo of her back, and she's got sand on her upper back. In my experience, at public and private pools, it's unusual for adults to sit on beach balls. It happens, but so infrequently that it's a real treat, but there are several people sitting on beach balls in these vacation photos, and there is this really good photo close-up.

So I comment indirectly, in humor, that the sand on her back irritates me so much I want to brush it off my own back, and he says that this woman was sitting on a beach ball because she was sick of running her hands inside her bikini to get sand out of it.

That's probably why there are several people sitting on beach balls in these photos, and one on a swim ring. This woman is fairly slim, but there are a couple fairly heavy people on beach balls. No really good photos except this one, though.

If I was there I'd totally sit on beach balls, and I'd ham it up like I was afraid it'd pop, and act surprised when it didn't. Unless it did, of course, lol. I'd have to imagine the heavier people on beach balls went though that!
  • heaviest
    • Jun 2018

Re: beach balls...on beaches

Something else I've observed at pools is that adults are generally a little shy of using inflatables in the pool, and don't generally use them out of the pool, so one of my goals is always to demonstrate that there are heavier people present who are willing to use them, and that makes it okay for everyone to use them. It kinda works, sometimes really, really well. I imagine that's how so many people came to be sitting on beach balls in these vacation photos. One person makes it okay for other people to try it. I don't imagine adults even think of sitting on beach balls!

I've also seen kids using air mattresses and swim rings as cushions prompting adults to do the same. Kids sitting on beach balls doesn't generally prompt adults to do the same.
    Last edited by heaviest; 18-04-2022, 12:09.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎