Tesco large round balloons from a few years ago - size when inflated?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonerjames
    • Dec 2014

Tesco large round balloons from a few years ago - size when inflated?

A few years ago, Tescos in UK sold some large round balloons in red or white, each with a balloon clip.

I bought a few and found them to be quite thick latex, and not too easy to inflate. Packing didn't indicate size, and I haven't dared go very big with one yet.

Has any one used these balloons, and know to what size they will inflate to?
  • Loonburster
    • Jan 2022

Re: Tesco large round balloons from a few years ago - size when inflated?

Originally posted by loonerjames
    A few years ago, Tescos in UK sold some large round balloons in red or white, each with a balloon clip.

I bought a few and found them to be quite thick latex, and not too easy to inflate. Packing didn't indicate size, and I haven't dared go very big with one yet.

Has any one used these balloons, and know to what size they will inflate to?
    Hi there. Was in Tesco Superstore today looking for Balloons and couldn't find anything of interest. The balloons you describe sound amazing and I would love to see a picture of them, and even the packaging, so do upload a pic if possible. I recently found some good, strong, large Balloons in Poundland.

Cheers for now and Happy 2022.

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
      • Dec 2020

several years ago we bought some big balloons from tesco for christmas and they blew up pretty big too and they popped well too , after christmas we took the balloons down and my late father sit popped them

Comment

• loonerjames
        • Dec 2014

Picture of big Tesco balloons attached, with 11 inch balloon for size comparison- think they were only on sale for a short time, and never seen Tesco sell them or anything similar since.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Loonburster
          • Jan 2022

Originally posted by loonerjames
          Picture of big Tesco balloons attached, with 11 inch balloon for size comparison- think they were only on sale for a short time, and never seen Tesco sell them or anything similar since.
          Yes, I have seen these Balloons in packets of four in a shop in Rye, priced at £1.99p. I am trying to find who produces them as they are great fun. Thanks for the picture.

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
            • Dec 2020

will have a look out for these ones

Comment

• loonerjames
              • Dec 2014

Hi loonburster,

Thats interesting! How big did you manage to inflate them, and how strong were they?

Comment

• Seasidelad
                • Sep 2018

I remember those they were only available in some Tesco Extra stores my local store didn’t have any. I did try one but wasn’t keen on the thick latex. I am not sure if I still have any but I never tried to go full size. I am not certain on the discussion at the time they were around but I thought one looner had got one to 24” but I can’t be completely sure about this although they look pretty big.

Comment

• loonerjames
                  • Dec 2014

Yes, the thick latex doesn't feel very flexible, and makes the balloon feel constantly tight when inflating, not ideal really!!

Comment

• Seasidelad
                    • Sep 2018

I had a quick look and I still have a white one sealed in its packet.

Comment

• Seasider
                      • Jan 2016

Hi there

A year or so ago I was in a Tesco near my home and they had large red and white balloons reduced to 36p each. Needless to say I cleared the shelf and with self scan no awkward conversations at the till. They are made in China according to the packet but are actually a nice balloon and the quality feels good. I have attached a random picture of some of my collection and have put a red mark around the balloons in question! They came with clips too
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍