Old 22-10-2021, 10:25 AM
PVC is such a turn-on!

PVC Vinyl Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Default Riding ballons with a partner without causing them to go BANG!
I am strictly a non-popper of inflatables. Regarding latex balloons, I have a strong fear of them suddenly going 'BANG' when interacting (e.g. riding) with them. I don't mind bangs per se; what gets my adrenaline rushing (and not in a good way!) is when they are sudden and unannounced bangs. I don't like being taken by surprise.

Two people riding a latex balloon obviously puts greater loading on the latex, with a greater risk of a sudden 'BANG'! To minimise the risk of bursting, I underinflate. What do you think? Any other suggestions other than underinflation?

Last edited by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast; 22-10-2021 at 10:27 AM.
Old 22-10-2021, 11:39 AM

som3derp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Riding ballons with a partner without causing them to go BANG!
You can still try to counteract the extra weight with additional points of contact with the ground, so less weight is on the balloon itself.
Old 22-10-2021, 06:51 PM

LoneLoonRider is on a distinguished road
Underinflate and use a softer surface like a bed or some pillows to help spread out the surface area.
Old 23-10-2021, 12:11 AM

Common Loon is on a distinguished road
Yes, and also distribute your weight over as large an area as possible if you can: think lying down completely on the balloon vs. sitting down on it. The more of your skin is touching the latex when you ride, the safer. (And more fun!)
Old 28-10-2021, 06:33 AM

TL39 is on a distinguished road
Tips I can contribute are:
1) Underinflate the balloon - This should be obvious and you're already doing this. With less air, the strain on the latex is less and it can stretch more without breaking
2) Point the balloon knot into open space - Riding a balloon is going to displace air from the bulb into the neck. If the neck is able to expand, then the strain can be spread out. If the neck cannot expand, then the straiin is purely in the bulb, making a pop way more likely.
3) Loose knots - This does not necessarily mean half knots per se. What I mean is that u tie or secure the balloon in a way that leaves slack, so there is an uninflated portion between the knot and the inflated part of the balloon. My favorite way to do this is to secure balloons with rubber band or ribbon knots.
Old 29-10-2021, 03:27 AM

LoonerHoax is on a distinguished road
Double stuff with a light dusting of baby powder or corn starch in between (I've done without and had no issues). Inflate to slightly under rated size and you should be able to go hard without issue. I've done this with tightly inflated Q24's and been able to bounce super hard on them with my 220 pound self. They finally gave way on my 5th or 6th session with them. Each session was usually at least an hour or more of me sitting and bouncing on them.
Old 30-10-2021, 03:31 PM

loonerlee is on a distinguished road
I'd just under inflate the balloon but also make sure it was well pre stretched and have it on softer surface like a bed or at least on carpet, although this does not always work as me and my girlfriend had sex on a Qualatex 3ft balloon and it popped, we ended up headbutting each other,definitely killed the mood.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:19 AM

TheMole is on a distinguished road
When me and my GF ride balloons together, we usually go with something large like a GL500 or 700 and like someone above said keep a few point of contact with the floor as to keep a lot of weight off the balloon. We usually sit facing each other with our legs behind us in a kneeling fashion, except with huge balloons like GL1200 where my GFs feet barely touch the ground.

For round balloons, it definitely depends on you and your partners weight and body types, I’m tall and about 240 so I’m a bit too heavy for a lot of round balloons at full inflation so I underinflate a lot. Girlfriend is about 110 pounds and short so we can take something like a Q24 (if I can ever find one again) or a Cattex longneck and I’ll sit on it first to make the neck bulge then she will just sit and ride on that. I’ve also found this way make the balloon last a lot longer than when both of us ride on the bulb because having a girl on the neck keeps a lot of pressure off the knot .

Last two tips I have are put a blanket down on hard floors to keep from popping and make sure your partner (if she’s a girl) pays attention to where her fingernails are wandering, had many a surprise pop because of that.
Rambly drunk post but hope it helps.