Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonerPlanet
    • Nov 2018

Rethinking China balloons

It has been years since I've purchased a Chinese-made balloon. My past experience found them to be unreliable and poorly made. However, I recently have been reading positive reviews for the 36 inch balloons, so I thought it was worth a try.

I am a fan of non-round balloons, and the Chinese balloons being advertised on eBay and Amazon are paddle balloons. In effect, they are bigger Unique 26 inch balloons. The latex feels stronger than Unique's, but not as thick as Belbal's or Cattex's.

I have tried several without any premature pops or pinholes--the problems with earlier Chinese-made balloons. Even better, I have successfully re-inflated them and they get noticeably bigger with each inflation. They are very stable and fun to inflate.

I've attached 3 photos of my experiments: A smiley China balloon, smiley vs a 36" crystal Belbal, and smiley vs a blue China balloon.

My conclusion is that they are a good alternative to Unique balloons, plus they are available in more and better colors than Unique.

Unfortunately, I don't know the manufacturer.

One word of caution. I've seen prices for these balloons vary widely. If you decide to buy them, take some time to check out prices. They should be very reasonably priced.

Has anyone else tried them?
    Attached Files
  • Londonj2014
    • Dec 2017

Re: Rethinking China balloons

The china balloons have always been one of my favourites.
    I have found that some tend to be weaker than others.
    From my experience, the dark blue ones seem to be able to take quite a pounding!
    Some of them can pop prematurely but, they are cheap as chips so I don't lose any sleep over it.

I once managed to buy a job lot of 27" chinas from ebay.
    Approx 250 for £35!

Comment

• Seidenki
      • Dec 2016

I came across some Chinese 36" balloon described as "thick latex". I took a chance and bought 20 - they're fluted like Unique 36"s and are indeed "thick latex"! Very nearly as good as Tuftex 36", but it depends on the colour. Some colours inflate quite firm, others are soft.

Comment

• Blowitbig
        • Jan 2016

Those balloons are huge , would like to try em out
        The bigger the better

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
          • Nov 2018

My China balloon experiments continue.

The China 36 inch is based on a measurement from the nozzle to the drip tip. I find with multiple inflations or slow inflations over time, you can easily get to 40" or more. These oversized balloons are stable for days--I keep them out of the sun and high heat.

In the attached photo, the balloon measured almost 45 inches, with a long axis of about 33 inches. Pretty incredible. I deflated the balloon and will try yet another inflation. Science marches on.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

Not only the 36”, I recently had some fun with some 18” Chinese loons I got at Alliexpress, they are 100% trustworthy, easily grow up till 22” inches and if you have basic-moderate skills you can get a very good neck on them. I add a photo of a gray one (still amazed that it didn’t pop).
            Attached Files
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• NEKOCC
              • Mar 2020

For Chinese made balloons, one important data is weight of each balloon. Balloons of the same size may have different weight parameters, of course the heavier the better.

Some brand's quality is reliable,like FENGCHE, HAOSHIDAI(not include their heart shape), ORANGETEX and so on. I have sat both HAOSHIDAI 18 inch and ORANGETEX 18 inch for test, they hold me more than 15 minutes(just inflate to the standard size) before they pop.

Comment

• drumrd
                • Dec 2013

Does anyone know more about this balloons?

I have bought them and they are nice. Just wonder if someone has experience with them and if they can have a good neck. Also like to know if they are rebranded, and if so, which company the original producer is.

link
                Last edited by drumrd; 28-08-2023, 18:51.

Comment

• darcynader
                  • Nov 2018

The 18" pastel balloons seem very strong and reliable. They have wider necks than more well-known brands but they are not stuffing balloons. I really like the shape.

I bought some from various places and they seem to all be using the same former at least. I think I mentioned in another thread that the name Xiongxian Meizhihai Latex Products Co appeared on one packet.

Picking up on NEKOCC's comment, I just noticed that these balloons are advertised as 10g on AliExpress. I checked a couple and they came in at 9.6g and 10.3g If you check Balloune-QC, that is significantly better than a famous 17" balloon.
                  Last edited by darcynader; 28-08-2023, 20:29.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎