Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Javirod
    • Aug 2022

Excuses... to pop in public!

Since it's quite weird to blow a balloon and pop it in the street, do you use some strategies for making it like a normal act?

I sometimes take go downstairs with the bags of rubbish and a couple of balloons, and when I go to the container, I pop them as a very logical and normal thing, because otherwise they'll take a lot of space in the container.

I know usually people don't tell you anything if you pop balloons, but I feel doing this kind of things this way is very funny

Do you use this kind of excuses too?
  • heaviest
    • Jun 2018

Re: Excuses... to pop in public!

There’s a video of a fairly heavy girl who sits on a beach ball and pops it at pool side at a hotel. Lots of rooms within view and within hearing. It makes an unexpectedly loud pop, and she says “that was LOUD!” and is embarrassed but mostly shrugs it off. I’ve tried to reproduce that a few times in public but it’s never been that loud. But it has made me more bold. Short of someone taking a picture I don’t really care if people see it, and kinda embrace the weirdness of it. Two of the women I hang with are bolder than I am and embarrass even me. I’m dreaming up things for them to try, and popping beach balls poolside is on the list. So is overinflating an air mattress and sitting on it and hoping it pops.

Comment

• ukinflateloonlad
      • Dec 2022

Would be great to hear more on this!!

Comment

• Katielynn
        Expert Blower
        • May 2012

I don’t do a lot of popping in public unless it’s cleaning up after an event or something like that. Even then, I’m usually just tired and ready to go home so it’s more like taking out the trash or folding up the banners than it is anything sexy.

But on occasion if I blow one too big and I’m in public where I’m “not supposed to”, I’ll usually just say “oops” as if it was an accident and I didn’t know that this massively overinflated balloon would suddenly burst like that. ������
        I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Slow DeFlaite
          • Apr 2023

I got a Girl to Pop a Bouquet Of 18" Helium Balloons one time outside.

Comment

• AndreasLooner

Not cool in this current climite and no doubt you will have a visit from the Police if you do it to many times in a city.

Comment

• UKPOPPER
              • Feb 2023

I remember watching/hearing a kid popping a load of balloons insde a shopping centre once. It created a massive noise and echo because of the building. They weren't his balloons because they had been put outside a shop to attract customers so on that front (and also as a former phobic) I thought he was a complete a-hole for doing it but on the other I kind of admired his audacity and the fearless approach to popping.
              Just one more puff...🎈

Comment

• srob2
                • Dec 2017

You can always go a little more than other people. If no one has a balloon, you can probably walk around with one. If others are walking around with balloons, you can pop one or two. If others are popping balloons, you can blow one until it explodes. The most fun is finding an event without kids (such as a late night concert or New Years eve) where everyone is walking around with balloons and other people are popping them.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎