Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Polyisoprene balloons?

I was wondering if party balloons were ever made from synthetic rubber, i.e. polyisoprene. I've seen weather balloons made from it, but then I got some Henbrandt party balloons. I noticed a really strong smell after I'd inflated about 60 of them. It's unlike any balloons that I've used before. The smell is like that of polyisoprene gloves, so I'm guessing that's what these balloons are made from. I really like them, they are soft and thin and a nice pear shape. So far, out of about 60 of them only one has popped which is pretty impressive. The only real downside is that strong smell
    Attached Files
  • npratt
    • Jul 2016

Re: Polyisoprene balloons?

Are they made in China? If so, who knows what they're putting in them.
    I have some made-in-China polka dot balloons from Dollar Tree. Really pretty crystal colors, but they smell like a refinery when first inflated.

Comment

• Danniballoon
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by npratt
      Are they made in China? If so, who knows what they're putting in them.
      I have some made-in-China polka dot balloons from Dollar Tree. Really pretty crystal colors, but they smell like a refinery when first inflated.
      I know what you mean. They smell like white spirit paint thinners. These ones have a smell similar to a car tyre.
      Attached Files

Comment

• spin59
        • Dec 2020

Hi,
        I make polyisoprene balloons .. well I'm on the process of getting them right .. I currently have several different grades , both medical quality and the polyisoprene has no scent , I thought it would be strong like polychloroprene but it isn't..
        Once I have figured how to add pictures I would love tobpist tgem here .
        They are experimental hand dipped at the moment but even so they are turning out quiet well, very soft and stretchy and quiet thin , but stable
        Cheers
        Spin59

Comment

• Danniballoon
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by spin59
          Hi,
          I make polyisoprene balloons .. well I'm on the process of getting them right .. I currently have several different grades , both medical quality and the polyisoprene has no scent , I thought it would be strong like polychloroprene but it isn't..
          Once I have figured how to add pictures I would love tobpist tgem here .
          They are experimental hand dipped at the moment but even so they are turning out quiet well, very soft and stretchy and quiet thin , but stable
          Cheers
          Spin59
          Is it something you can buy easily, like liquid latex ?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎