Old 28-11-2022, 09:28 PM

Scooter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What restaurant/store balloons do you miss the most?
Could be greenwashing, could be latex allergies, could even just be that they pop and cause unwanted commotion. I'm sure it's a mixture of that.

I will say my dentist actually still has balloons stored in a closet at his office. Saw some tied to a helium tank once when going in for a cleaning. They give them to younger kids after the kids are done. Haven't been there to see any being blown up or the giving away process or anything, which is for the best, but I do know they're there.

Again, my feelings are mixed as I'm saddened I get to see balloons less, but I'm also glad I don't have to see so many kids interacting with them.
Old 29-11-2022, 12:58 PM

AJK64 is on a distinguished road
Here in the uk you still see balloons being given away for advertising sometimes, but definitely becoming less and less, and smaller balloons too. Add to that the number of balloon brands that have stopped making certain sizes and it's a dark time to be a balloon fan
Old 29-11-2022, 05:29 PM

Whale Rider is on a distinguished road
cant think of any nice balloon giveaways for quite some time at least not in meaningful sizes...
Old 01-12-2022, 08:20 PM

Blueballoondude89 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Could be greenwashing, could be latex allergies, could even just be that they pop and cause unwanted commotion. I'm sure it's a mixture of that.

I will say my dentist actually still has balloons stored in a closet at his office. Saw some tied to a helium tank once when going in for a cleaning. They give them to younger kids after the kids are done. Haven't been there to see any being blown up or the giving away process or anything, which is for the best, but I do know they're there.

Again, my feelings are mixed as I'm saddened I get to see balloons less, but I'm also glad I don't have to see so many kids interacting with them.
The dentist office … if I ran one I would definitely do the same thing. They do sell the pink and blue Teeth shaped Mylars online lol. Also, anyone here used to watch the Rugrats on Nickelodeon? That reminds me of 2 instances … the episode with the Giant Mister Tippy sippy cup nightmare and the dentist offering baby Tommy a ballooooooooon lol, and then another with Chuckie getting one from his dentist, and Susie tying it to Angelica’s Cynthia doll. Which somehow was able to fly away! I hated that episode because Angelica didn’t do anything wrong but Susie wouldn’t listen to reason. Plus her Cynthia doll was irreplaceable. Moral … don’t let Susie borrow your balloon.

Last edited by Blueballoondude89; 01-12-2022 at 08:22 PM.