Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PBK
    • Mar 2019

Re: Rescued Balloons

I miss the free balloons on the sticks that McDonalds used to put out.
    I feel pretty lucky I have all of these. I've been turned down when asking for promotional balloons before, so this was pretty awesome.

Comment

• BalloonBounce
      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Danniballoon
      Its a bit difficult to see on the photos, but it appears that they tie clusters of 4 balloons together with the necks, then join each cluster together with an uninflated 260Q. In this arch, they also have clusters of 3, 5 inch balloons tied in the same way and with a 260Q, but they are attached to the side of the arch, joined to the 260Q's connecting the main clusters together.... if that makes any sense
      When I used to make arches, I used nylon fishing line tying clusters of 2 to it and sliding them along it, to make swirling colour patterns. However, you don't want to be boinking those as the nylon line could cut you in an awkward place
      that does all make sense - and the pics are useful showing the 260Q's. And I suspect the key is the length of the column keeping it all stable 'under pressure'.

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Danniballoon
        I've just had another ride on my latest rescued balloon arch. It is a professionally made one, with the balloons tied together tightly. Riding it was the most wonderful experience ever. The balloons stayed in place and didn't fly off all over the place like they do with those E-Bay kits with the plastic strip. I was able to put my entire weight on top of it and apart from one pop, it fully supported me riding that wondaful cushion of air
        I normally untie rescued arches once they start deflating and sleep with the soft deflated balloons against me. However, this one has been outside and half the balloons have sticky tree sap on them, so I may end up getting my favourite push pin and bursting it
        Ooo so lucky! Im super jealous! Sounded like am awesome ride!

Comment

• Common Loon
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by danniballoon
          Its a bit difficult to see on the photos, but it appears that they tie clusters of 4 balloons together with the necks, then join each cluster together with an uninflated 260Q.
          Yep, this is the most common (heh) method for making arches and columns, though not always using a 260Q... often it's just a string, ribbon, or arch line - monofilament similar to fishing line - that runs through it. The process is pretty simple:
          1. Inflate two balloons to the same size.
          2. Tie their necks together to form a "duplet".
          3. Repeat so you have two duplets.
          4. Twist the two duplets together at the necks to create a 4-balloon "cluster".
          5. Repeat many, many times to make lots of clusters.
          6. Tie one end of a long ribbon, line, or 260Q securely to the necks of one cluster.
          7. "Flatten" that cluster so all four balloons lie in the same plane.
          8. Nestle a second flattened cluster as close to the first as possible, rotated 45 degrees to interlock the balloons.
          9. Holding the second cluster's necks close to the first, stretch and wrap the ribbon/line/260 around the second cluster's necks several times to secure it. After this, your eight balloons should all be secured together and each cluster will remain flat. (Creating a little tension in the ribbon/line/260 is key here... you want as little space between each cluster and the next as possible.)
          10. Repeat the previous two steps until all your clusters are used up.

This makes the basic backbone of a column or arch. You can embellish it by wrapping occasional smaller or larger balloons into it afterward (using a 260 like a rubber band and looping it around the arch balloons is a good technique). You can also play around with variations on the basic arch, like using clusters of two to achieve an alternating "square pack" design, using alternating 9" and 4" clusters to make a "box arch", or using five-balloon clusters (which is a little trickier to get to lie flat in the beginning!) to make a rounder, wider column or arch.

Comment

• balloonboy81
            • Oct 2016

I found this on marketplace nearby for free. Of course I got it. Soo glad I didn't miss this!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Danniballoon
              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by balloonboy81
              I found this on marketplace nearby for free. Of course I got it. Soo glad I didn't miss this!
              Nice one

Comment

• Loonorm
                • Mar 2019

Great find!! Been very lucky myself with FB Marketplace!

Comment

• balloonboy81
                  • Oct 2016

I'm glad that at least Facebook marketplace still has balloons. That's the only way I've been able to rescue balloons since covid

Comment

• shyguy
                    • Aug 2018

Ow i have rescued alot of balloons from partys and malls. then brought them home asked my GF to Lit a Cigarette and pop them all one by one!!!!! god i love it!!!!

Comment

• shyguy
                      • Aug 2018

I remember one night at a wedding my gf walked to a big bouquet of balloons outside and stand next to it. She then opened her pack of cigarettes lit one up and kissed the upper half of the bouquet with her cig. And cig popped the other half... mmmm if I think back on it makes me horney every time

Comment

• som3derp
                        • Oct 2021

You clearly are in the wrong subforum for that... Also sounds like a giant turnoff for me (both, the popping as well as cigarettes).

Comment

• balloonPatcher
                          • Jun 2020

I save burst balloons by repairing them so that they can be re inflated.
                          These are pictures of an burst balloon after it has been saved (repaired).

IMG_6734s.JPG

IMG_6735s.jpg

Comment

• SweetBouncer
                            • Mar 2020

That is a skill worth to teach. If you can please join the group i have created in VK ,Rubber Alchemists.
                            Link:https://m.vk.com/club208868977

Comment

• Balloon93
                              • Mar 2021

I just got this balloon garland for free on Facebook marketplace from a really beautiful lady. The best part about it is that she blew up all the balloons by mouth. It turns me on knowing that she blew them up all herself. Can’t wait to ride them until I pop

Comment

• Balloon93
                                • Mar 2021

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎