Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BalloonFun
    • Apr 2022

Dig Dug Video Game

Any one here remember the video/arcade game "Dig Dug"? It's the one where you move the little dude around and shoot funny looking monsters with an air pump and pump 'em up like balloons until they burst!

I thought then, and still think, it's a pretty hilarious video game - given the concept of inflating things until they "pop". Definitely makes me think of big, tight balloons!

What are your memories of "Dig Dug"? Amused? Aroused (hint hint)?
  • BalloonFun
    • Apr 2022

Re: Dig Dug Video Game

Originally posted by BalloonFun
    Any one here remember the video/arcade game "Dig Dug"? It's the one where you move the little dude around and shoot funny looking monsters with an air pump and pump 'em up like balloons until they burst!

I thought then, and still think, it's a pretty hilarious video game - given the concept of inflating things until they "pop". Definitely makes me think of big, tight balloons!

What are your memories of "Dig Dug"? Amused? Aroused (hint hint)?
    Oh, almost forgot -- I wonder if whoever invented this game might have had a balloon fetish himself? Hmm......

Comment

• josefet
      • Apr 2023

I loved it too. You can still play it here:

Dig Dug is an arcade game developed and published by Namco in Japan in 1982. It runs on Namco Galaga hardware, and was later published outside of Japan by Atari, Inc.. A popular game based on a simple concept, it was also released as a video game on many consoles. &nb...

Comment

• Mutaloon
        • Nov 2018

It's a fun concept of a game, though I do think it's a rather slower paced game than compared to the likes of Namco's other arcade titles. Though I can't help but play it and inflate the enemies all the time as opposed to crushing them with a rock.

You should look up dig dug arrangement (1996). It's a remake and has more enemies, boss battles, and is even 2-player. One of the enemies is a dark version of the player and will attempt to pump you up instead. There's friendly-fire in the game too so you can even accidentally inflate the other player too.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎