A Rainbow of Balloon Fun (youtube channel)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenax
    • Oct 2017

A Rainbow of Balloon Fun (youtube channel)

Hi folks,

Just found this interesting YouTube channel i would like to share.
    The channel is called "A Rainbow of Balloon Fun".
    Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/c/ARainbowofBalloonFun/featured

Beste regards,
    Tenax
  • Scaredyburst
    • Dec 2020

Re: A Rainbow of Balloon Fun (youtube channel)

Yes, he is a lot of fun. And absolutely happy with what he is doing!
    🎈📌💥 🐕 🐖

Comment

• Loondaddy
      • Aug 2021

Agree - he is such a relaxed guy who enjoys sharing his balloon fun with others.

Comment

• Loonbuster
        • Apr 2023

Definitely agree with you - he is amazing and enjoys his balloons.

Comment

• BalloonFun
          • Apr 2022

This guy is pretty interesting!

I am on the very high-functioning end of the autism spectrum (dx Asperger's) and I've had my thing with balloons since I was a child. I'm 58, and still love balloon fun from time to time!

Comment

• Merl
            Hopper research dept.
            • Apr 2021

Originally posted by BalloonFun
            This guy is pretty interesting!

I am on the very high-functioning end of the autism spectrum (dx Asperger's) and I've had my thing with balloons since I was a child. I'm 58, and still love balloon fun from time to time!

OT question, if I may ask...is it true the medical establishment discontinued Aspergers as a particular diagnosis, and if so, why? Thanks.

Comment

• 7balloon
              • Dec 2018

Absolute kudos to the channel.

and yeah, i dated myself. lmfao

Comment

• BalloonFun
                • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Merl
                OT question, if I may ask...is it true the medical establishment discontinued Aspergers as a particular diagnosis, and if so, why? Thanks.
                Yes, it is true that the DSM Committee (DSM being the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders, aka the psychologist's and psychiatrist's Bible) had decided that the dx for Asperger's Disorder (299.80) was to be eliminated but be incorporated into the dx Autism Spectrum Disorder (299.00). 299.00 would become an all-inclusive umbrella term for anyone manifesting the hallmark symptoms of an autism disorder based on meeting certain diagnostic criteria.

As a continuing student of neuroscience, psychology, and psychiatry, I (dx'ed with Asperger's back in 1999) have both a personal and paraprofessional problem with the inclusion of Asperger's within a much broader umbrella dx. People with Aspergers are very much capable of being able to engage in self-care activities (also known as activities of daily living), but some people who are not in the know will look at "autism spectrum disorder" and immediately think, that's only for kids, adolescents and adults who cannot take care of themselves as well as being mute -- those being horrible misconceptions about autism -- and not all on the spectrum are mute nor incapable of caring for themselves.

Parents of high-functioning children/adolescents and adults on the spectrum, as well as many clinicians, are still up in arms about this decision from the DSM Committee, and we are all still hoping for the reinstatement of the dx "Asperger's" in the future and, if successful, could be reinstated in the future publication of DSM-6 (current text is DSM-5 TR).

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎