X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yet_another_aussie
    • Dec 2019

Personality typing

Just for fun, personality typing.

Free personality testing measuring Myers-Briggs or Jungian types, 3-6 minutes.

Be mildly interesting to see what results people get. Yes it's a bit like astrology yadda yadda don't be a Scorpio about it
  • AJK64
    • Jun 2018

Re: Personality typing

I'm a leo

Comment

• LoonerHoax
      • May 2020

I got INTJ.

Comment

• Scaredyburst
        • Dec 2020

My answers must depend on my mood, despite the fact that I tried to answer them honestly.
        I got a different result today than I did yesterday!
        🎈📌💥 🐕 🐖

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
          • Dec 2019

Are there any consistencies in the letter combos you get?

I get ESF and the J and the P has varied over the years.

Comment

• AJK64
            • Jun 2018

Scatedyburst, that's because it's all nonsense. Even actual psychologists don't use personality typing, it's just a pop psychology game essentially.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
              • May 2020

Pop psychology game or not, I answered pretty honestly and the description at the end is pretty damn accurate to my actual personality.

Comment

• AJK64
                • Jun 2018

The barnham effect is what causes us to see ourselves in descriptions of personality. It's why people think astrology is real. There have been interesting experiments done on groups of people where they are all given personality quizzes to fill out and at the end a description is given to them which runs through what type of person they are. The people are asked to rank the description on accuracy (from 1 to 10).

Most score the test as being accurate (between 7 to 10). But everyone in the experiment has been given exactly the same description regardless of how they filled out the test. People see patterns of similarity and ignore the bits they dont think fit them.

Comment

• IILoonerII
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2020

Originally posted by AJK64
                  The barnham effect is what causes us to see ourselves in descriptions of personality. It's why people think astrology is real. There have been interesting experiments done on groups of people where they are all given personality quizzes to fill out and at the end a description is given to them which runs through what type of person they are. The people are asked to rank the description on accuracy (from 1 to 10).

Most score the test as being accurate (between 7 to 10). But everyone in the experiment has been given exactly the same description regardless of how they filled out the test. People see patterns of similarity and ignore the bits they dont think fit them.
                  I have my doubts with that stuff as well. The “sign” i am. I act nothing like. Plus, i heard its very dangerous spiritual wise. Thats why i completely stopped looking into it.

Comment

• AJK64
                    • Jun 2018

It really is an interesting part of the human mind that we are good at seeing ourselves in vague descriptions. It's got nothing to do with being gullible or anything, it's just something to do with us being social animals, and also our idea of "self" isnt as coherent as we believe either.

For example, in a statement like "you sometimes like to be around a group of people, but also need your own space too". That seems like quite a strong description of someone, and lots of people would think it applies to them, but if you think about it, it's a really vague statement. That's how astrology works for most people. And with personality typing, especially the introvert extrovert dichotomy...we all have times when we feel sociable and times when we need to be alone.
                    Last edited by AJK64; 11-01-2023, 16:17.

Comment

• IILoonerII
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by AJK64
                      It really is an interesting part of the human mind that we are good at seeing ourselves in vague descriptions. It's got nothing to do with being gullible or anything, it's just something to do with us being social animals, and also our idea of "self" isnt as coherent as we believe either.

For example, in a statement like "you sometimes like to be around a group of people, but also need your own space too". That seems like quite a strong description of someone, and lots of people would think it applies to them, but if you think about it, it's a really vague statement. That's how astrology works for most people. And with personality typing, especially the introvert extrovert dichotomy...we all have times when we feel sociable and times when we need to be alone.

Yes, we never stay the same and will even do things (your sign) doesn't do. Astrology is… surprisingly accurate in most cases. But not 100%, at least for me.

Comment

• Danman1987
                        • Nov 2012

I am an ISFJ-A. Which is quite visible for the people who know me a bit.

Comment

• Whale Rider
                          • Nov 2022

ENTJ... the worst possible -.- great.... :.-(

Comment

• Whale Rider
                            • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Blown2Bits
                            why is it the worst? most people would call meyer-briggs pseudo science anyway.
                            commander aint exactly the best and nicest in my opinion, its often being seen as ruthless -.- its modified myers briggs, they do. MB gives you for a test based on less than 20 people (was really developed with less than 20 people) pretty good indications... thinking that you can press all of humanity into 16 categories is lets say optimistic. still the basic categorisation is for such a simplistic tool comparingly good... is it exact? no but a good guestimation ^^

Comment

• Mutaloon
                              • Nov 2018

I got ISTJ.

Some of the questions and statements in this test are worded oddly. One had you choose between what you agree with most which is to prepare or improvise. How do you answer something when you feel like you do both? Just neutral? Some of these I couldn't answer faithfully because I don't have experience with any or I do both.

I don't think much of these tests, but I find them fun.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎