X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loonatic
    Balloons + Feet
    • Apr 2016

Instagram Privacy Help

Are there any others here that use instagram to share looner photos and such?

I just made an account to try to get more connected to the looner community and share with others but while I was in the app one of the suggested users was somebody I'm friends with on Facebook, which means that it somehow connected the two without me knowing. It was probably stupid on me to attempt this in the first place, but I was just wanting to share my photography and art with like-minded friends.

I checked to see if my account was linked in some way but in the settings it isn't and I'm at a loss here so I thought I'd reach out for any tips/help before I just go and delete the new account altogether for privacy sake.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd be devestated if my looner life got out to all of my friends and family.
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Instagram Privacy Help

Could be location based. It might be suggesting people that live nearby. Just don't post anything that would give it away that it's you. Use plain backgrounds and the like.

Actually it's more likely to be ip based thinking about it. That's how ads are tailored to you. You look at buying something on one website and next thing you know, there's ads everywhere for the exact product you were looking at. Only way around it is use a different device or go with a vpn.
    Last edited by wildheart; 18-01-2018, 16:03.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Welcome to.the big bad world of social media.... the only social media group I'm on is Fetlife. The rest are far too interconnected if you want your fetish lifestyle interests kept separate away from your friends n family.

Comment

• Loonatic
        Balloons + Feet
        • Apr 2016

Ah yea I was afraid of that. This happened to me once before a long while back when instagram first started but I thought I did everything right this time, guess not. Well, at least I caught it before it progressed too far. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

• Big Balloons!
          • Jul 2016

I've heard it uses email at least for some part of it, so I'd suggest keeping a separate email for NSFW accounts to avoid people you know finding things they shouldn't see

Comment

• Loonatic
            Balloons + Feet
            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Big Balloons!
            I've heard it uses email at least for some part of it, so I'd suggest keeping a separate email for NSFW accounts to avoid people you know finding things they shouldn't see
            I made sure to use a separate email and all, I think it was because I logged in on my phone and that has facebook, contacts, and such on it.

Comment

• craggy2012
              • Jan 2012

It's like my Twitter account which I hardly ever use- in fact I e never even Tweeted on it...... but I regularly get emails telling what I've missed from inflatable account holders on it....

Comment

• craggy2012
                • Jan 2012

Same with VK too. I had a PM from someone on VK saying his photos he'd uploaded had within days ended up on Google Images which he found by googling himself. Be very wary what you post online.... once online, it's online forever somewhere or other even if you've deleted your pics and closed your account.

Comment

• Loonatic
                  Balloons + Feet
                  • Apr 2016

Thank you, will do. I just went ahead and deleted the account. Better safe than sorry. I appreciate everyone's input!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎