X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merl
    Hopper research dept.
    • Apr 2021

Ledra/Tonkey Eggball...recommended!

Frenchy has the green 65cm egg ball. When he wrapped a rubber exercise band around it for hopping and said it worked very well I got my own, and he's right.

The eggball is from the same maker as the Hop 66 and is the same vinyl, but the oval shape gives bouncing around on it more of a stable, horseback feel...maybe now can I see the appeal of the giant sized Rody hoppers, which I really didn't get before.

This thing is a lot of fun and is rated at over 800 lbs, so it's big enough for two (if not, they have an even bigger blue one). All you need is a 60 inch band to stretch around the middle and tie in a knot, and that's your handle.
    Last edited by Merl; 18-03-2023, 15:37.
  • frenchy
    • Sep 2018

Re: Ledra/Tonkey Eggball...recommended!

Glad that works for you Merl! It is great fun and that Eggball is the perfect size for riding. I find the blue one too big for riding. The Rody Jumbo is so much fun.

Comment

• Merl
      Hopper research dept.
      • Apr 2021

I'm letting it stretch bc it's new. Hoping it'll tighten up so I can get some good height out of it.

Seems that the feet of the Rody would clunk loudly on the floor, but maybe you're on carpeting.

Comment

• frenchy
        • Sep 2018

I do hop on carpet. I find the feet of Rody don’t make any additional sound than the usual space hopper. Check out this Rody Jumbo in action -

It is not me but gives you a sense of how bouncy.

Comment

• Merl
          Hopper research dept.
          • Apr 2021

That's pretty good, I'll admit! Your egg is fully inflated and stretched, does it do about the same for you as that Rody?
          Last edited by Merl; 19-03-2023, 10:15.

Comment

• frenchy
            • Sep 2018

They are approximately the same size ….so, yes! I have to say that the Rody Jumbo takes about 3 months of use until I get the material to the bounce I like. The Gymnic material responds best or “seasons” in the summer sun for a gradual stretch. The egg took about a month of use to get it broken in.

Comment

• Merl
              Hopper research dept.
              • Apr 2021

What's a good ride for you, softer and cushiony or fuller/tighter with a springier bounce?

Comment

• frenchy
                • Sep 2018

Soft, but not too soft. More toward the springy side but not too hard.

Comment

• Merl
                  Hopper research dept.
                  • Apr 2021

Same, I like a them a little firm but bouncy. Rock hard is dumb (unless you are trying to pop it, which ain't my thing).

I'll be happy with this one if it doesn't stretch a lot and become difficult to firm up but, going by the Hop 66, I don't expect it to.

Comment

• Merl
                    Hopper research dept.
                    • Apr 2021

Will have to try a nylon yoga ball strap. The rubber bands work but roll up and stretch like a bridle when riding, giving less control.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎