X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirSquishy
    • Mar 2020

Scents & Smells

Hello fellow inflators,

I have a question about scents and smells. As I'm sure you all know, some inflatables and balloons don't smell that...great. Sometimes the chemically smell of a new toy is kind of off putting, but doesn't stop me from having a good time. It's great that good quality latex balloons smell absolutely arousing, but some other inflatables like wubbles for example, smell very chemically.

Bad smells like this don't stop me from having a good time, but I was thinking (dangerous, I know), are there ways to make inflatables smell good? I could spray some cologne or perfume, but that might hurt or degrade the material.

Do any of you do anything to make your inflatables smell better?
  • sexyneck
    • Feb 2016

Re: Scents & Smells

I have been using baby powder on balloons before having sex sessions with them. Baby powder does smell nice and turn me on.

Originally posted by SirSquishy
    Hello fellow inflators,

I have a question about scents and smells. As I'm sure you all know, some inflatables and balloons don't smell that...great. Sometimes the chemically smell of a new toy is kind of off putting, but doesn't stop me from having a good time. It's great that good quality latex balloons smell absolutely arousing, but some other inflatables like wubbles for example, smell very chemically.

Bad smells like this don't stop me from having a good time, but I was thinking (dangerous, I know), are there ways to make inflatables smell good? I could spray some cologne or perfume, but that might hurt or degrade the material.

Do any of you do anything to make your inflatables smell better?

Comment

• SirSquishy
      • Mar 2020

Any chemists in here know anything about how perfume/cologne interacts with latex?

Also, are there any lubricants that have a nice smell? I know powder is kind of a lubricant, but I'm thinking of liquid lube as that's what I like to use. Something water based that's natural and not harmful to humans or latex that smells good would be a great find. Anybody use anything like this?

Comment

• tebe2hu
        • Jan 2017

I actually found only the 12" Chinese party balloons smelling weird but even those lose it after 2-3 inflations.
        My granddaughter who likes the balloons' smell, can recognize the GEMAR punchballs and the Party City 24" just from their smell. The other day I worked in the garden with a pair of rubberized gloves. When I finished and entered the house she noted "Gran, your hands smell like loons" (Papa, lufiszagĂș a kezed!)

Comment

• Common Loon
          • Aug 2020

Any chemists in here know anything about how perfume/cologne interacts with latex?
          I'd be wary. Most perfumes/colognes rely on oils to give them their fragrance and those oils would be likely to weaken a balloon if you sprayed directly onto it. Probably by the time it absorbs into your skin, though, there's not much more danger to it than your natural skin oils already provide.

Comment

• SirSquishy
            • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Common Loon
            I'd be wary. Most perfumes/colognes rely on oils to give them their fragrance and those oils would be likely to weaken a balloon if you sprayed directly onto it. Probably by the time it absorbs into your skin, though, there's not much more danger to it than your natural skin oils already provide.
            Perhaps a scented water based lotion is the answer here. I guess it all depends on the ingredients.

Comment

• SirSquishy
              • Mar 2020

Posting again in this thread because I bought some balloons online recently and they smell...awful.

Not sure if any of you have encountered this, but the balloons I got have a very strong odor to them. One pack I got almost has a fish like smell to them. Normally the odor of a loon doesn't turn me off, but with these balloons, they smell so strong and gross it does turn me off a little bit.

So two questions really. First, any creative ways to get rid of strong odors on latex? Second, what balloon brands or sources have you bought from that smell wonderful?

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                • Apr 2021

Posting again in this thread because I bought some balloons online recently and they smell...awful.

Not sure if any of you have encountered this, but the balloons I got have a very strong odor to them. One pack I got almost has a fish like smell to them. Normally the odor of a loon doesn't turn me off, but with these balloons, they smell so strong and gross it does turn me off a little bit.

So two questions really. First, any creative ways to get rid of strong odors on latex? Second, what balloon brands or sources have you bought from that smell wonderful?
                I personally love how cattex balloons smell They have an amazing sweet smell! Qualatex hearts also smell incredible. I love the smell of tuftex balloons but when they begin to oxidize tuftex balloons can really stink!

Comment

• Scooter
                  • May 2022

I have a couple balloons from a brand called Balloonia, and I've noted that they have a really nice scent to them. Hard to describe, but a little sweet, almost? As much as balloons can be.

But I actually really like the smell of balloons. It's part of the experience for me.

Comment

• SirSquishy
                    • Mar 2020

Thanks guys, I'll have to look for those brands. You ever get any brands that stink? I'm not sure if it's the brand or supplier, but it seems most balloons I get off amazon smell awful.

Comment

• Casey88
                      lukmanrewa
                      • Jun 2012

I have Qualatex and Tuftex balloons. While Qualatex have a nice sweet smell to it, Tuftex doesnt and it turns me off right away.

Comment

• andrew_looner
                        • Feb 2019

Thanks guys, I'll have to look for those brands. You ever get any brands that stink? I'm not sure if it's the brand or supplier, but it seems most balloons I get off amazon smell awful.
                        The Herlitz or Susycard brand balloons smell awful (their quality is awful, too).

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                          • Apr 2021

There was one time I bought some 36 inch asorted color China balloons off ebay back in 2013. I'm not sure of the specific brand but they were incredibly stinky and smelly They smelled like prehistoric cheese! They stunk up my whole room to a point that when my sister's friend was over, every time she walked past my room she kept commenting, " What is that SMELL? Where is that smell coming from!?!?" I was hugely embarrassed and prayed I wouldn't get caught. I must've had at least 20 inflated in my room at the time. They were perfectly good, soft, squishy, durable balloons other than the fact that they smelled... And up until that point I never had any problems with how any 36 inch China balloons smelled... But as far as Amazon i usually stay away from them. I haven't had too many good experiences with them. I usually buy balloons from ebay which has many good, reputable balloon sellers I also buy factory direct in bulk to take advantage of wholesale prices. Buying factory direct definitely reduces the chances of getting new/old stock and potentially getting stuck with a bunch of old, smelly balloons!

Comment

• SirSquishy
                            • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Qbubbleballoon (:
                            There was one time I bought some 36 inch asorted color China balloons off ebay back in 2013. I'm not sure of the specific brand but they were incredibly stinky and smelly They smelled like prehistoric cheese! They stunk up my whole room to a point that when my sister's friend was over, every time she walked past my room she kept commenting, " What is that SMELL? Where is that smell coming from!?!?" I was hugely embarrassed and prayed I wouldn't get caught. I must've had at least 20 inflated in my room at the time. They were perfectly good, soft, squishy, durable balloons other than the fact that they smelled... And up until that point I never had any problems with how any 36 inch China balloons smelled... But as far as Amazon i usually stay away from them. I haven't had too many good experiences with them. I usually buy balloons from ebay which has many good, reputable balloon sellers I also buy factory direct in bulk to take advantage of wholesale prices. Buying factory direct definitely reduces the chances of getting new/old stock and potentially getting stuck with a bunch of old, smelly balloons!
                            I just got some 36" loons off amazon. Not from China, but they do stink. I like them though. Very soft, squishy, and durable (my favorite).

I've noticed that red and pink balloons smell terrible. Maybe it has something to do with the dye they use? I also took one of the stinky loons into the shower with me just to wash it off (only with water). That helped reduce the smell a little bit, but didn't completely eliminate it. Might try some all natural odor spray on it to see if that helps.

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                              • Apr 2021

I just got some 36" loons off amazon. Not from China, but they do stink. I like them though. Very soft, squishy, and durable (my favorite).

I've noticed that red and pink balloons smell terrible. Maybe it has something to do with the dye they use? I also took one of the stinky loons into the shower with me just to wash it off (only with water). That helped reduce the smell a little bit, but didn't completely eliminate it. Might try some all natural odor spray on it to see if that helps.

Awww! That sucks that you got 36 inch balloons off amazon that stink but at least they are good, squishy, tough balloons even if they are smelly, lol!!

I also agree that red and pink balloons have a distinct smell over other balloons but I'm still debating whether I consider it a bad or good smell depending on the brand that is,hee,hee!...perhaps i will leave it for future generations to ponder...

You are definitely better off taking your stinky balloons into the shower and just using water to get rid of the smelly smell stuck to the balloon. I'd be quite cautious as to what kind of stuff I'd spray onto my balloons being that there is a chance that you could compromise the balloon

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎