Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BalloonFun
    • Apr 2022

Song called "Pop the Balloons"

I'm sorry I couldn't find the link, but I know we recently talked about songs with the word "balloon" in it.

Here's something pretty cool - it's called "Pop the Balloons", lyrics by a Sarah Hudson but could have been a Britney Spears song.

Here's the YouTube link:

• Loonatic
    Balloons + Feet
    • Apr 2016

Re: Song called "Pop the Balloons"

Just heard the original artist for this after that discussion! Charli XCX recorded it but her label didn't pick it up from what I remember. Sarah Hudson got the rights to it later to rerecord as a demo for Britney Spears but don't think it got picked up either.

Charli's version is better in my humble opinion. More fun and alive and the sound design is on point with the use of latex stretching on the build and popping balloons on the downbeats of the chorus.

Here's the link to Charli XCX's version for everyone to compare to Sarah Hudsons!

Pop the Balloons — Charli XCX

Interested to see other's thoughts and thanks so much to BalloonFun for making this post because I totally forgot to share this story on the other post lol
    Last edited by Loonatic; 09-05-2022, 02:38. Reason: Got wording wrong — was rerecorded as a demo track

Comment

• Seidenki
      • Dec 2016

Charli's version is definitely more adventurous in the sound design and uses the stereo stage better. The music producer in me would have used a variety of balloon bursting sounds, though, not the same one all the way through.

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
        • Apr 2021

I agree with Seidenki that Charli xcx's version is superior and to have a variety of balloon sounds throughout would give it a wonderful authenticity I've always loved Charli's song, "Red balloon " from the soundtrack of the Dreamworks animated movie, ""Home " starring Rihanna...im thinking Charli xcx just might have a thing for balloons...
        Oh but if Brittany had picked it up it would have been crazy dope!!

Comment

• Loonatic
          Balloons + Feet
          • Apr 2016

Oh yea different balloon sounds instead of the same would have been a good addition!

I'm super bummed this song didn't get released, I'm sure the music video for it would've been incredible hahaha

With Britney's thing for latex, a music video with her performing Charli's version (or with both of them together) would've been super fun!I need to go listen to red balloon now, don't think I've heard that one yet.

Comment

• Bigballoons94
            • Oct 2013

Oh, this reminds me of this crazy incident that happened to me. I think it may be a bit irrelevant but I promise it makes for a good story.

A quick prelude: I'm a looner who loves popping balloons but I'm too chickens**t to do it myself. I prefer someone doing it for me (my partner is scared too, unfornately) so I rely on accidental pops but tightly overinflating them or dropping them on needles/incense from a distance, etc.

Anyway, this one day, I spent a good few hours looning - trying to pop the balloons but I couldn't. I always backed out at the end.

In the evening, exhausted after a day of blowing, I sit back and decide to start a new TV show. I switch to House of Lies (never seen it before) and 10 minutes in the first episode, this song starts playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pz4b_ZYKiY

Beasty Boys - Pop your Balloon.

What are the odds? I spent an entire day trying to do that and universe sends me this mad sign out of nowhere. Well, as fate would have it, I did manage to pop one that night.

Anyway, the song mentioned in this thread took me back to that moment. Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎