Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAF
    • Nov 2019

TufTex balloons... The new ones SUCKS

The 17" TufTex balloons were my all time favorite! They would get huge after a few inflations and become extremely soft and squishy. I ordered a bunch here recently and blew up a bunch and made a balloon room. The new ones are hard as a rock, nowhere as strong and smell different. They just pop on their own. I have reinflated some and don't get much bigger and don't get that much more squishy. Also when they pop they leave big pieces unlike the old ones where they would shatter into shards.

Anyone else have the same experience? Was this just a fluke or is this a new and "improved" formula? Purple was one of the colors that gout HUGE on re inflation… Not anymore.

I am now on the hunt for a replace balloon that is like the old 17" ones. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Brands I have tries but not a fan of...

CTI 17" too hard
    BSA 17" also too hard
    Kalisan 18" Nice and soft but NOT strong. They will pop just placing a finger on them
    Decomex 18" Too hard and too small
    Sempertex 18" I did not like the powder that coated the balloons
    Walmart 17" too hard.

Qualatex 16" I do like these but too small and not the same shape. The have the silkiest smooth feel when brand new... Just wish they where bigger.

I missed a few brands but I want to see what others are recommending.
  • Blowitbig
    • Jan 2016

Re: TufTex balloons... The new ones SUCKS

I just got my new bag of Tuftex 17 inch balloons and when I blow them up they seem to be a smaller than before and harder, idk , maybe it's just me
    The bigger the better

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

This just about sums it up. Bought a few crystal blue 17" this spring and they feel small and hard. Difficult to get a good neck on them too.

Comment

• SweetBouncer
        • Mar 2020

Maybe the change isn't only in the formula, (by the sound of it they must have add something to make it stiffer, wich in decoration makes the rubber not only harder but shinier), but also in the amount of latex, (the thinner the initial balloon, it's at the same size of anothe thicker one) ,the harder will get, cause there will be less amount of latex to expand.

Also while it's true that quality in balloons isn't consistent, like at all, there are synthetic latex formulated to make things for those allergic to the proteins present in natural rubber.
        Last edited by SweetBouncer; 20-09-2022, 21:59.

Comment

• Balloonbruh
          • Mar 2022

I don’t know, I got a bag of crystal blue and a bag of crystal burgundy. But I can tell ya that those crystal blues get huge. Like scary huge. You might just have to go for the crystals

Comment

• Golden
            • Jun 2022

Originally posted by SAF
            The 17" TufTex balloons were my all time favorite! They would get huge after a few inflations and become extremely soft and squishy. I ordered a bunch here recently and blew up a bunch and made a balloon room. The new ones are hard as a rock, nowhere as strong and smell different. They just pop on their own. I have reinflated some and don't get much bigger and don't get that much more squishy. Also when they pop they leave big pieces unlike the old ones where they would shatter into shards.

Anyone else have the same experience? Was this just a fluke or is this a new and "improved" formula? Purple was one of the colors that gout HUGE on re inflation… Not anymore.

I am now on the hunt for a replace balloon that is like the old 17" ones. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Brands I have tries but not a fan of...

CTI 17" too hard
            BSA 17" also too hard
            Kalisan 18" Nice and soft but NOT strong. They will pop just placing a finger on them
            Decomex 18" Too hard and too small
            Sempertex 18" I did not like the powder that coated the balloons
            Walmart 17" too hard.

Qualatex 16" I do like these but too small and not the same shape. The have the silkiest smooth feel when brand new... Just wish they where bigger.

I missed a few brands but I want to see what others are recommending.
            So I got some new new ones myself, I'm having perhaps 50% the issue you are having. Perhaps the bag you got they weren't stored correctly or old?

I've noticed in some of the balloons there are pin holes that go around the balloon and there four or five rows of them, but that only seems to be when I buy from Balloune-QC, with Bargin balloons there is hardly any like that.

Granted the 17" purple got wonderfully massive! I'm thinking the good old days of tuftex being overly massive are gone. I think they went with more pure latex if they pop in 3 pieces? more pure less massive?

The 24" ones seem to be same I think? But I'm not one for super over inflating my balloons so I can't tell you.

Smell? smell the same to me? Touch? I find the clear feel weird like to much powder on the outside.

CTI 17" too hard - I like them for looks but yeah too hard for riding unless you happy go popper :P
            BSA 17" also too hard - aye but they look so pretty!
            Kalisan 18" Nice and soft but NOT strong. They will pop just placing a finger on them - omg waste of money for me...nasty smell, pop for no reason sneeze? Kapow!
            Decomex 18" Too hard and too small - same as the above.
            Sempertex 18" I did not like the powder that coated the balloons - yuck left a bad taste in my mouth thought I was going to die!
            Walmart 17" too hard. Too ugly for me lol

I've tried Belbal - again from Balloune-QC they randomly popped not sure if they where old or what! love the color so cute!!!

Rifco - same as above. Random popping, tasted weird.

I dunno know Tuftex for me are okayish wish they where the same prior to covid...but I wont go as far as to say they suck more like meh, perhaps they are focused on there newer colors?

If some random person handed me Tuftex I'll always say thank you and start blowing!
            Last edited by Golden; 20-09-2022, 23:52.

Comment

• SAF
              • Nov 2019

I want to mention that the Julian codes on the bags indicated fresh balloons made this year. Also they have the new logo on the bag so there that.

I did get some of the new colors and some are cool and some are meh. Its a shame that the are so much harder and smaller.

Comment

• Seidenki
                • Dec 2016

I've noticed the new formula, too. The rumour is that they partnered with Pioneer Balloons (Qualatex). The new formula are a bit smaller, but they're a lot more consistent. With the old formula, different colours would get to different sizes. Now, all the ones I've tried they're the same.

I am a bit sad they're generally smaller, though. They're not really 17" balloons anymore - more like 16".

Comment

• racinett
                  • Aug 2016

I just received some. all were from middle 2022. purple crystal felt like the old ones....crystal red and crystal clear were much smaller and stiffer. Kalisan 18" balloons have been much better for me as well as bsa 17" (though the bsa do not come in crystal colors anymore )

Comment

• AJK64
                    • Jun 2018

Does anyone know a good replacement for tt14s? They have stopped making them

Comment

• SAF
                      • Nov 2019

I was looking around to see if there are in complaints about the new TufTex and found this. It seems they bought new formers from China. The parent company of TufTex is Goodlevel Enterprises LLC. Here is a list of some of what they have imported in from China. I wonder if the new formers are a tad smaller.

Customs data and import records for GOODLEVEL ENTERPRISE LLC. Use ImportKey to find legitimate suppliers and avoid scams and fraud.

Comment

• SAF
                        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by racinett
                        I just received some. all were from middle 2022. purple crystal felt like the old ones....crystal red and crystal clear were much smaller and stiffer. Kalisan 18" balloons have been much better for me as well as bsa 17" (though the bsa do not come in crystal colors anymore )
                        Do the new purple ones get as big as the old ones? The purple ones I have will pop if I go too much past 16 1/2". When I placed my order I could not find any clear ones in stock. Can you post the dates of the balloons you have?

Comment

• SAF
                          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by AJK64
                          Does anyone know a good replacement for tt14s? They have stopped making them
                          Don't know how Cattex are but it looks like they are filling in the 14" Market.

Palloncini in lattice da 14 pollici (36cm). Scopri questi prodotti nelle colorazioni premium e soap. Questa nuova grandezza è l'ideale per decorazioni di qualsiasi genere!

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
                            • Nov 2016

Have you tried the Q19? They feel similar to the Q16, only bigger.

Comment

• racinett
                              • Aug 2016

Re: TufTex balloons... The new ones SUCKS...Q19? where

where do you get Q19 from?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍