X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SusieDK
    • Dec 2017

Re: Excuses

Originally posted by Blown2Bits
    In Germany we still have lots of rules about "noise pollution", especially during nighttime (10pm to 6am). And in many areas people are quick to call the cops on you if they feel you are breaking those laws.
    In Denmark we also have rules about ‘noise pollution’, and these rules are enforced by the police like they are in Germany. The rules are meant to protected the citizens from being harrassed by noise. However the rules comes into play with what could be called continuous noise like parties with very loud music, ruthless people gathering outside yelling and screaming and similar things. They are definately not applied in case of a popping balloon. However of you pop balloons constantly for hours and hours in a row it might be possible that somebody feels sufficiently annoyed to contact the police. This is However not a very likely scenario.
    Of course there will always be people who are extremely easily annoyed, but in case your have neighbours like that they will complain about lots and lots of other things as well, and you will know you are at risk. However chances are that the police know these people as well (due to having been called a thousand times for very little reason) and don’t put too much effort into dealing with their complaints.
    I don’t think the German law is meant to be applied much differently, but of course I can be wrong.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
    Susie

Comment

• Blowitbigger
      • Aug 2022

Well if you were rich why renting a whole street when you could buy your own villa with a great park and have servants to take care of it... remember to stop thinking ordinary the day you will get rich... or you will not enjoy being so!!! When you're rich you do not need to deal with ordinary people problems you can step out the ordinary way to organise your life... but most of all you can use this new approach also to looning... :-) ... by the way drop me a line when you get rich... I will love having a looner session with you in your castle! Hahaha
      Last edited by Blowitbigger; 08-09-2022, 11:08.

Comment

• srob2
        • Dec 2017

If I b2p a whole bag of balloons and my neighbor call the cops to report a noise complaint, a cop will show up and tell me to stop. If my neighbor call the cops to report gun shots, a lot of cops are going to show up and I might be in big trouble before they realize its just balloons.

Comment

• Blowitbigger
          • Aug 2022

That only apply to the USA because they have more weapons in their homes than citizens... in Europe and in general I think the rest of the world where weapons in houses are so few that are practically non existing, probably instead of a single car with two cops two police cars with 4 policemen in total would show up and they would ring your bell after asking the neigbour who called them what actually happened! And be shure that they will not strike in your house just because of a bang if no other strange noises or abnormal signs are heard or seen and when you open the door no one will have a gun ready to fire in hand... we are not obsessed and scared about shooters because it's such a rare event that nobody would ever think of that as a first option... it is very probable that a neighbour would call the 112 because he got worried about you being hurt because of some accident in the house that caused the bang but would never think about guns fired unless you are known in the neighborhood as to be a "bad" dangerous guy...
          Last edited by Blowitbigger; 08-09-2022, 15:43.

Comment

• Blowitbigger
            • Aug 2022

In Germany there are over 80 million inhabitants and little over 5 millions guns in the USA there are 390 MILLIONS GUNS AND ONLY 330 MILLIONS INHABITANTS... Do you think it is comparable? Data is from 2021...

Comment

• Blowitbigger
              • Aug 2022

Yes but it mean that among 60 MILLIONS italians 50 MILLIONS do not have guns and in Italy you are not allowed to carry your gun with you on the street if you have one you can keep it in your house, you can fire it at the shooting range ONLY and when you carry it from home to the shooting range the gun must be empty no bullet are allowed to be inside the gun... the same is for hunters the rifle can be used only inside the area where hunting is allowed but from home to that area no bullet is allowed inside the rifle and of course the type of weapons one can have is very limited no automatic guns no weaponsfor mitary use ect ect and you must be older than 21 and your record must be spotless or you'll be denied the licence... in the USA there are more guns than people, it means that every single american walking on the street, potentialy, could carry more than one gun... I read today on the news that there was a shooting in Menphis; the shoter start soothing from his car and this couse a domino effect because the people on the street take out their "pice" and started firing it... at the end two death person and I don't know how many hurted... this would never happen in Europe nobody on the street would ever start a firefight as if we were in a movie... that's pure madness!!!
              Last edited by Blowitbigger; 08-09-2022, 20:50.

Comment

• Blowitbigger
                • Aug 2022

Yes but data, statistics and observation says that countries with more weapons available to the population have the most violent society... and the highest criminality... violence call for more violence and guns is synonymous with violence when a gun is used "for a good reason" you discover that the reason was to kill or hurt and stop a criminal and killing and hurting is violence there's nothing you can do about that... country with lowest criminality and violence are those with fewer weapons available to the population... but I think we should stop it here because at this point we are using the chat for somthing that is beyond ballons topic and that could be annoying to the other looners and they would be right if they start complaining about it... I am very sorry I started it all, I didn't realize it would have gone so far so, again, I am very sorry, my fault sorry. ✌️✌️✌️

Comment

• Tuftex_heart37
                  Balloon Inflation Factory
                  • Sep 2022

Srob2 - News articles like these make me soo mad the terror and gun craze is slowly creeping into Europe... and that is unacceptable. A tighter leash needs to put around American news leakage and culture spreading beyond its borders. And no I'm not advocating for nationalistic pride and zeal - just a more calm and collected culture instead of acting like rabbits at the first snapped twig in the forest...

“We came across injured folks on the second floor,” Brashear said. “They broke windows and glass attempting to get away from what they thought would be an active shooter. There were minor injuries and lacerations. Cuts and scrapes.” - excerpt from the article

Comment

• SirSquishy
                    • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Tuftex_heart37
                    Srob2 - News articles like these make me soo mad the terror and gun craze is slowly creeping into Europe... and that is unacceptable. A tighter leash needs to put around American news leakage and culture spreading beyond its borders. And no I'm not advocating for nationalistic pride and zeal - just a more calm and collected culture instead of acting like rabbits at the first snapped twig in the forest...

“We came across injured folks on the second floor,” Brashear said. “They broke windows and glass attempting to get away from what they thought would be an active shooter. There were minor injuries and lacerations. Cuts and scrapes.” - excerpt from the article

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...261529302.html
                    Yeah American media is the worst. Take all of that with a huge grain of salt.

This is somewhat related to the original topic, but are there ways to make balloons pop quieter than usual? I know thicker latex will be louder when it goes. More tightly blown loons will be louder. Any creative ways to mitigate the noise? I'm sure lots of pillows would do the trick.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
                      • Nov 2016

Hehe I always find it amusing when discussions about balloon popping lead to discussions of firearm-related stuff. It's an inevitable part of our hobby.

Originally posted by SirSquishy
                      ...are there ways to make balloons pop quieter than usual? I know thicker latex will be louder when it goes. More tightly blown loons will be louder. Any creative ways to mitigate the noise? I'm sure lots of pillows would do the trick.
                      Popping a balloon under a thick down comforter (duvet) is an almost perfect silencer. It has to be thick enough to baffle the sound (a thin blanket won't work) but yeah, sticking a pin through the duvet into a tightly-inflated balloon is quieter than an unenthusiastic clap. You could do it with someone in the next room and they'd think you were just tossing a magazine on the floor or something.

Comment

• SirSquishy
                        • Mar 2020

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
                        Hehe I always find it amusing when discussions about balloon popping lead to discussions of firearm-related stuff. It's an inevitable part of our hobby.

Popping a balloon under a thick down comforter (duvet) is an almost perfect silencer. It has to be thick enough to baffle the sound (a thin blanket won't work) but yeah, sticking a pin through the duvet into a tightly-inflated balloon is quieter than an unenthusiastic clap. You could do it with someone in the next room and they'd think you were just tossing a magazine on the floor or something.
                        Doesn't help that I mentioned firearms in my original post, haha. Just American things.

And thanks for mentioning the duvet. I completely forgot I had one! Thanks for the reminder!

edit: Forgot to mention this earlier, but what about squeaking sounds? What if somebody asks about that latex squeaking sound they keep hearing? Not sure what common household items could make a similar sound, especially if it's in a humping-like rhythm LOL.
                        Last edited by SirSquishy; 09-09-2022, 03:31.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎