Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t17forLife
    • May 2015

Walmart 17" - Americans get in here!

Do you live in the good ole USA? Do you enjoy big balloons? If not, please leave the forum

If you do, consider going to Walmart and picking up a pack of 17" "Way To Celebrate" balloons. They're made in the US but I don't know who really makes them. I think it's Tuf-Tex .
    They inflate to a decent size before the neck develops, blow-to-pop quite easily (good for beginners, also they aren't as loud as a Tuf-Tex 17 despite being similar or the same), and are sold nationwide.

Only drawback is the price - $2 for 3 of em, and only a few colors available. That being said, they're quite enjoyable and would be good for a new person getting into btp.
    Last edited by t17forLife; 13-04-2021, 04:09.
  • frankfrank
    Empathetic Harmonizer
    • Feb 2018

Re: Walmart 17" - Americans get in here!

They take a LOT of abuse, such as the roughest full-weight riding possible (though I don't inflate to 100%). That said...they're actually "EASY" to B2P?

I would have thought the opposite, though the shape configuration is probably a lot better than some others are, for B2P.
    People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
      • Dec 2020

I had mixed results with some recently. The black ones were great, but the blue ones from an assortment bag were horrible. Misshaped and thin.

Comment

• frankfrank
        Empathetic Harmonizer
        • Feb 2018

Y'know, I did get some blue ones that were bad, too.
        People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• b0f0s0f
          • Nov 2016

Anyone have photos of them? What do they look like?

Comment

• t17forLife
            • May 2015

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
            Anyone have photos of them? What do they look like?
            Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Blue 17" 0.5sec before b2p
            https://i.imgur.com/169zJVT.jpg

Blue 17" 0.5sec before b2p, necking attempt

Blue 17" (same one as 2nd photo) "inflated to rated size"
            Last edited by t17forLife; 16-04-2021, 14:01. Reason: added hyperlinks

Comment

• BYGavia
              • Dec 2017

They look like Party-Tex from Amazon.

Comment

• frankfrank
                Empathetic Harmonizer
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by t17forLife
                Do you live in the good ole USA? Do you enjoy big balloons? If not, please leave the forum
                Surrendering his/her looner card is good enough, rigfht?

Comment

• gayloonfcker
                  • Jan 2015

The blues by themselves are great tho. Odd. Lately the mixed bags have been getting a lot of defects in them. I usually stick with blue, pink or white.

Comment

• BusterBill
                    Founder, Balloon Buddies
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by TheBiggertheBetter
                    I had mixed results with some recently. The black ones were great, but the blue ones from an assortment bag were horrible. Misshaped and thin.
                    I have had the same experience. Quality is definitely inconsistent. Apparently Walmart uses multiple manufacturers to supply this private level store brand. I've purchased them 4 times and every time they seemed to be from different makers.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎