Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RLMI
    • Jul 2021

Public mouth inflation

Got these two beachballs today at the park on the weekend at a local community festival. They were being given out by staff. Looks to be mouth blown. Actually the ladies behind the counter were still blowing more up throughout my visit.

Didn't hear any pops though even as people were batting them around! Interesting to see massed mouth inflation, especially in a Covid world, but nobody seemed to care!
    Attached Files
  • Seasidelad
    • Sep 2018

Re: Public mouth inflation

Nice love seeing mouth inflations although usually when there’s giveaways they use an air compressor. I wonder if any were lying around at the end.

Comment

• RLMI
      • Jul 2021

Yes, usually a pump is used for any event-based inflation of balloons or inflatables, but on this occasion the staff were mouth blowing all the beach balls, and they were blown pretty full and tight too.

I didn't see any left behind towards the end. Went back to the general area today but the cleaners have definitely been through!

Comment

• Pepertje90
        • Sep 2017

Well, I did a public b2p with my swimring by accident at the beach a few years ago! The sun heatstretched the tube and I kept blowing it up because it was soft.. Then it became a bulge and suddenly popped �� I knew some people were laughing and clapping haha!

Comment

• RLMI
          • Jul 2021

These beach balls were the ones being given out at a Sunday market a couple of weeks ago, by a local dance company. The balls were all being blown up by mouth by the lovely ladies at the counter.

They gave me 3 beachballs. By the time I got home, the purple one had no more breath condensation inside, as it may have been blown up earlier, but the yellow one still was fogged up inside. I posted a pic of the purple ball earlier.

Worth noting that both balls in the attached photo are the same 20inch diameter, but whoever blew up the purple one has blown a it up a lot bigger! It was like solid hard too.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Inflate Able
            • Jun 2018

Too bad you don’t have any pictures of the lovely ladies blowing them up! That must have been quite an impressive sight!

Comment

• RLMI
              • Jul 2021

Unfortunately no pics, I guess for privacy reasons! They were blowing up the beach balls and giving them out at quite a quick rate, with about 3 or 4 people on the inflating team.

It was interesting to note that the inflation technique seemed to be to place the whole valve and valve stopper in the mouth, seal their lips around the base of the valve, allowing the teeth to bite open the safety flap, and then grip the ball with their teeth, so their hands were not holding the ball as it was being blown up.

Occasionally, you'd see the person pinch the safety flap with their hand, and place it up to their mouth, with only the edge of their lips touching the valve. This method probably spread less saliva onto the valve

Comment

• condensatelover
                • Jan 2022

Oh, do you have another pics of mouth inflated beachballs? Love the kind of condensation! Thank you!

Comment

• puffy cheeks
                  • Nov 2013

i myself always blow up my inflatables with my moth covering the whole valve. helps get a good seal and makes it easier to blow

Comment

• condensatelover
                    • Jan 2022

RLMI, what did you do with beachballs you got?
                    As for me, I would disinfect the valve of yellow ball and inflate it more.
                    And then have a nice play with all of them

Comment

• superfirmzx
                      • Mar 2022

I know this is an older thread but I thought I'd add, as someone who enjoys mouth inflating, It kinda sadens me weirdly when I see people inflating with a pump. Which I don't see to often interestingly. Unless its really really massive, but there is the occasion where I see people inflating a small beachball or swimring with one and take a while haha... Its kinda funny when theyre using a pump but it takes just as long because they don't open the valve properly.

I kinda internally scream "I could have blown that up faster myself!"

no offence to anyone who prefers using a pump this is just my er... idiocy.

Comment

• heaviest
                        • Jun 2018

The advantage to using a pump is that people tend to overinflate with a pump. I love it when people try to inflate a swim ring or air mattress to the point where there is no puckering or wrinkles. You can way overinflate with a pump without knowing it. By mouth, it gets hard to blow or even hang on to the inflatable before you get it seriously overinflated.

When I bring the inflatables I bring at least several, and I admit I'm lazy and use a pump. I always slightly overinflate.
                        Last edited by heaviest; 23-03-2022, 14:08.

Comment

• RLMI
                          • Jul 2021

I bought a few swim rings from a toy store yesterday.

It wasn't crowded so the lady at the counter asked me if I wanted air in the swim rings, and she would fill them for me. I said sure, thinking that she'd put them on the electric pump.

However, I couldn't believe it when she unwrapped the packaging, unfolded the first swim ring, and placed the valve in her mouth, letting it hang there in her teeth and lips as she took deep breaths, bringing the swim ring to life. She had great technique, with enormous air flow, and blew the first blue swim ring so tight that I thought it would burst. I actually walked away anticipating the pop.

It was wrinkle free, bulging and distorted, and the blue vinyl had become thin and streaky from sttetching. Then she blew up the rest the same way and casually handed them to me!

The rings all survived the night too.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Sid1
                            • Jan 2021

Wow, that would be amazing to watch!

Comment

• ukinflateloonlad
                              • Dec 2022

Originally posted by Pepertje90
                              Well, I did a public b2p with my swimring by accident at the beach a few years ago! The sun heatstretched the tube and I kept blowing it up because it was soft.. Then it became a bulge and suddenly popped �� I knew some people were laughing and clapping haha!
                              Sounds great. Sure there were some people around who enjoyed seeing this happen

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎