Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Re: Balloons in the background of tv episodes or movies

There was also an episode of Oprah in February 1994, her 40th birthday episode and there were hundreds of balloons all over the place. Really overinflated 11 inch pearls. And one explodes in the background during an interview. I actually remember watching that episode when it aired and being all excited about the balloons. Of course she was terrified during this taping as she has (or had) balloon phobia. Back when Oprah was cool. She even didn’t seem to mind when it popped, just went “it’s just a balloon! I USED to have a phobia before this show!”
    Last edited by Blueballoondude89; 15-08-2022, 19:15.

Comment

• Danniballoon
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Blueballoondude89
      Speaking of balloons popping in a bunch, I remember there was a Mythbusters segment where they tried using helium balloons as protection in a car crash. And when she was explaining to the camera what was happening and stuffing the balloons into the car, one broke and her voice got all startled for a second lol. “they’re going to (pops) ACT as an airbag!”

I’ll never forget the one from 2004 where they tried making the little girl fly with over 3,000 11 inch balloons. You could totally see there were some 16 inches in the bunch, when it showed far away wide shots. I used to love watching Mythbusters because Tory was so hot lol now I can’t stand him.
      Or the pilot episode where they made someone fly in a lawn chair whilst attached to dozens of giant helium filled weather balloons. At the end, they shot them all with a BB gun. It was awesome watching them all bursting & the huge bits of rubber floating down to the ground

Comment

• Danniballoon
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Nopops4me
        Not sure when this episode of Doc Martin will be aired in the UK - sometime in autumn 2022, I think.
        7th. September at 21:00 on ITV

Interestingly, yesterday evening I was watching the movie 'Saving Grace' which spawned the TV series of Doc Martin and there was a part in the movie where the lead characters entered a drug baron's lair and much to my amazement, he had giant helium balloons behind him. What they were doing there, I've no idea, but it was great to watch.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Meililoon
          aka lyckr
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Blueballoondude89
          YES!!!! The continuity goofs always drive me insane. I guess sometimes that stuff doesn’t matter as they need to just shoot and get it done.
          I remember randomly watching part of an episode of That 70s Show many years ago where one of the guys was proposing to a girl (I think it was Mila Kunis) with a blue helium balloon. In the first shot it looks overinflated, with a decent neck, while in the next it has no neck at all. Just watched the scene again and it still bothers me.

My favorite scene with balloons is the dance scene from Better Off Dead. It has a huuuge balloon arch and I always just want to take it down and play with it every time I see it.
          Dance scene from Better Off Dead featuring E.G. Daily performing One Way Love (Better Off Dead). I don't own this video. It is copyright its respected auth...

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
            • Apr 2022

This commercial is for Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies tape which was made in 1988. In this video are lots of balloons in the background. And I LOVED it when I was a small child lol. I guess my mom put the tape on to exercise to and I was just totally in awe of all the balloons

These balloons clearly appear to be Unique. At one point (when the guitarist with the mullet appears next to Richard) you can see there’s like a crystal pink. Took me a long time to figure out what brand they were. It’s hard to tell because of the dark blue ones. And the quality of the upload.

I hope somebody sees this reply and clicks on the link.

Comment

• npratt
              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by lyckr
              I remember randomly watching part of an episode of That 70s Show many years ago where one of the guys was proposing to a girl (I think it was Mila Kunis) with a blue helium balloon. In the first shot it looks overinflated, with a decent neck, while in the next it has no neck at all. Just watched the scene again and it still bothers me.
              I'd guess that being so tight under the hot lights, the balloon popped between takes, and the props people inflated another one not so much. Or they could have shot the next scene another day with another balloon. Who's gonna notice? At least they used the same color.

And, to balance that continuity out, there was a Burt Reynolds movie called "The End" (his character has some fatal incurable disease) and he takes his daughter to the zoo, where she gets a helium balloon. Balloon starts out big and tight but in every scene is deflated a bit until it's just limp hanging on its string. Symbolism for Burt's character's plight?

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
                • Apr 2022

Originally posted by npratt
                I'd guess that being so tight under the hot lights, the balloon popped between takes, and the props people inflated another one not so much. Or they could have shot the next scene another day with another balloon. Who's gonna notice? At least they used the same color.?
                This happened on Kenan and Kel (Nickelodeon sitcom in the late 90s) quite often. With each shot, the balloons would be in a different spot or arranged differently (or a totally different bunch all together) and it drove me CRAZY!!!! One episode was Keenan’s birthday and he had a blue balloon tied to his wrist which was fully inflated and then it cuts to the next camera angle and it’s like the next day when the balloon is half deflated and falling. Then it’s back to fresh again. Like nobody could just blow up another one if they had to do it the next day?

The episode of Full House with Michelle’s 5th birthday had some noticeable things as well, you could tell some time passed between takes because the 16 inch Qualatex balloons go from fresh and shiny, to oxidized and much smaller, to looking fresh again.

Comment

• Slow DeFlaite
                  • Apr 2023

TV Game Show in the 70's where contestants had to Pop huge balloons with notes inside them. "Treasure Hunt".

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                    • Nov 2021

The two I remember most are Friends and Dharma & Greg . Both shows had some nice helium bouquets in the background during various episodes .
                    Last edited by heliumsitr68; 20-11-2023, 22:56.
                    Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• AndreasLooner

Friends was always amazing when they had the pro bouquets of balloons, i miss Sprays so deeply.
                      You see balloons in literally every programme on TV they are just that common place but with being a looner we do notice them easier than none looners.

Comment

• Loonorm
                        • Mar 2019

Check out this video on YouTube! Stumbled upon it a few days ago!

ABBA The Name Of The Game (ABBA Special TBS '78) 2001 Remastered Audio HD

Comment

• 7balloon
                          • Dec 2018

has saved by the bell been mentioned yet. I watched that show just for the balloons they would have up

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
                            • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Loonorm
                            Check out this video on YouTube! Stumbled upon it a few days ago!

ABBA The Name Of The Game (ABBA Special TBS '78) 2001 Remastered Audio HD
                            I love that balloon fixture! Lol. I wonder if the bigger ones (that weren’t being blown about by large fans) were filled with helium. They also look like Gaylas but I don’t think Gayla existed in 1978. And this also may have been somewhere in Europe.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
                              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by heliumsitr68
                              The 2 I remember most are Friends and Dharma & Greg . Both shows had some nice helium bouquets in the background during various episodes .
                              I never really watched Dharma & Greg but as I may have already mentioned, Friends had some amazing balloon decor during their birthday parties and showers. They must have had a really good budget to have professionals come in and do them. Instead of just generic 9 inch on the self sealing valves.

Comment

• AndreasLooner

The good place had a few partys with nice balloons and my favourtie was in the series unbreakable in the very last episode with the hot red head girl and a room full of balloons, my GF at the time told me i would love the episode as i hadn't sore it yet but she was right...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎