Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TL39
    • Sep 2021

Balloon Knotting

I am curious to ask, but has any1 ever figured out a way to tie a balloon in such a way that it doesn't immediately untie itself when u ride it, yet can also be untied after you've had your fun?

Seems like the only knotting options are full knots, which can't be untied, and half knots, which untie themselves the moment u sit on the balloon. I'm curious if any1 has managed to figured out a kind of middle ground knot. Maybe something that can resist riding and the neck being bulged out, but which will eventually loosen itself if u keep at it for too long.
  • SweetBouncer
    • Mar 2020

Re: Balloon Knotting

I suggest plastic wire brides, those used to tie wires together.Also maybe a cork, or if the neck is big enough a ping-pong ball.

Idea, try to using a closed safety pin to make the knot around it, like a support, i think that could also work.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• john1bl
      • Jan 2014

As for knots, I use a half knot with not problems. I just make sure that the mouth is actully half way thought. On larger balloon I like to use clips. Oh for practice almost all of my balloons are half knotted.

Comment

• Dust of the Saturn
        Stretched like space-time
        • Feb 2018

I use coins. You need strong balloon lips, but most balloons have that. Put the coin and let the pressure close it shut.
        And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

• Nopops4me
          • Jun 2015

Some of these ideas, corks, ping-pong balls, coins etc. all sounds as though they are missiles. Any good bounce inflating the neck right up to the lip risks firing the device out the end at great speed and could cause injuries.

Comment

• Exaturbo
            • Feb 2021

On larger balloons I use zip ties. They can be removed later if needed.twist the neck then zip tie. Then fold the neck over and a second or third one for good measure.

This is a great method for 40” and larger balloons.
            Probably not going to work well for smaller ones.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎