Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heaviest
    • Jun 2018

Re: Air mattress

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before. Using goggles I've seen the underside of someone large sitting in a swim ring, and the part under their legs is flattened. Not sure why that surprised me, since I've experienced it myself.

This summer I want to see what the underside of a double air mattress looks like with someone very large on it. How much will be flattened? I kinda don't even know, even with experience.

For me, the thrill of overloading an inflatable is the expectation that it might pop, except that it doesn't. I love single chamber floats that are loaded unevenly under normal use, because it stresses the thing unevenly. For example, the pillow end of an air mattress. The most lightly loaded part of the float. Air from under someone heavy goes to the pillow. That's why the better floats have the pillow as a separate chamber. That's why I like the cheaper floats lol.

I should make a separate post about the non-obvious physics of stressing inflatables!

Comment

• heaviest
      • Jun 2018

Here's another post I'm too lazy to make separately...

I'm part of two social circles that provide opportunity to stress inflatables with friends. The first just coincidentally has some large people in it. At least a few pool parties each year, before covid. I used to be the largest, which is where my name comes from. But I've lost 100 pounds.

The second group intentionally contains some extraordinarily large people, over multiple states, because that's the point of the group. They're into different things, socially and softly intimate. Some of them humor my interest, a couple of them very willingly, and one of them was already into it.

Thing is, covid kinda stopped most of the activity of both groups, particularly the latter. There still are no big plans for this year.

Comment

• heaviest
        • Jun 2018

I have Spry Girl and Tall Girl with me. I still haven't replaced my couch so once again we are using stacked double-wide Intex bird of paradise mats as a TV and gaming couch. The side they sit on looks to be flattened when they are on it, but they tell me there is still air under them, they have not bottomed out. The side they don't sit on billows up behind them. When I'm on it I can kinda lean the small of my back onto the bulging side, but their butts are too thick for that. They sit too tall.

When Spry Girl and I sat on those mats together as a TV lounge we popped two of them and broke the inner baffle on two more and lost a couple to slow leaks. Spry Girl outweighs me by 270 pounds and Tall Girl outweighs me by 150, so the two of them stress the thing even more than me and Spry Girl, but so far no pops. I've lost 110 pounds!

I'm very busy with carpentry. Will send Tall Girl home with a bench and a cabinet. Very busy with that. Spry Girl will stay a while, though.

I popped the mattress she was using on her crafting seat, so we'll have to come up with something else. The Intex rose float is kinda large and keeps falling off the back side of the storage crate she is using as a seat, when she stands. Need something that is both smaller and sturdy enough. Probably only a bedding (not pool) mattress will do, as last time. We used a child-sized bed, slightly smaller than a twin, but made as sturdy as the adult mattresses. It held her for hours at a time for weeks, but the second time I used it it sprung a leak!
        Last edited by heaviest; 15-04-2022, 19:10.

Comment

• Duckman
          • Jun 2016

Heaviest

Just quickly reading that and you say you have lost 110 pounds and can I add well done
          Nothing better than watching a naked lady on an inflatable enjoying herself

Comment

• heaviest
            • Jun 2018

I remembered I have a couple Intex Rockin' Lounges. It's one of the things that was run over by a steam shovel in a youtube video...and it survived! Well, I find them uninteresting because they are so sturdy, but since Spry Girl and Tall Girl are here, and Spry Girl will be here for a while, I blew them up. Spry Girl is wider than even this lounge, and as sturdy as it is, it's still a hoot to see her on it. It holds both of them just fine, without the tube part inflated. Looks seriously overloaded, but I'm pretty sure it'll take the weight indefinitely, and it should definitely hold Spry Girl long term as a chair. When we're ready to use it as a chair I'll reinflate the tube part.

Spry Girl once again forgot to bring her inflatable couch.

Comment

• heaviest
              • Jun 2018

The Intex Rockin' Lounge makes a good popping platform. Even as thick as it is, it's still pretty low to the ground for Spry Girl to get up from by herself...basically, she can't...but with another inflatable on the lounge, she has a lot less trouble getting back up. Provided the inflatable doesn't pop! Two 36 inch swim rings and two super size women on an inflatable lounge makes for a noisy and bouncy popping session. But my objective is always to make the inflatables last as long as possible, and surprisingly, if they spread the load evenly, 36 inch rings will sometimes last a while.

When the women sit gingerly on the rings, back-to-back on each end of the lounge, they still have their legs under them but the whole bunch of inflatables sinks way down and makes vinyl-on-vinly popping noises. It's lovely! And once they have most of their weight on their butts, and the inflatables, they push their legs out in front of them, and the inflatables sink even more. It looks unstable and it's super easy to roll side to side, but I mostly just want them to sit on the rings for as long as they'll take the weight.

Rings that survive get super stretched and need more air, and sometimes they survive to get air a second time.

The lounge itself stretches only modestly. We've added air just once.

THey've both been on the bird of paradise mats, but now they've been on them on the lounge, and that's fun, too. They seem to stress more stacked with each other than on the lounge, though.

Not sure why I didn't think to do this with the rockin' lounges before.

Comment

• heaviest
                • Jun 2018

Getting me, Spry Girl and Tall Girl all on an air mattress involves some planning. Our mattress is the Intex bird of paradise double wide, single-chamber mattress. It's the size of a full mattress, almost exactly, just a little shorter.

Because I've met Spry Girl, I don't think of Tall Girl as particularly wide, but she is about 33 inches wide, and she spreads wider than that when she lies down. So, we don't both fit on the mattress without some overhang. And Spry Girl doesn't fit side-by-side with anybody.

If Tall Girl lays on her side, she and I can fit. But Spry Girl is so much wider than I am that if I am to have her lay on me, I have to have Tall Girl on her back or belly to take some of the overspill. And Spry Girl is nearly as deep as she is wide, so she doesn't fit on the mattress with someone else, even if she lays on her side.

WHen Tall Girl lies on her back, we can fit with her hip overhanging the edge of the mattress, but her butt flattens the side of the mattress, so not all her weight is on the mattress. On her belly, though, she can have quite a bit of overhang and still have all her weight on the mattress. Puts more of her weight on her thighs, too, as her butt otherwise bottoms out when she's on her back.

So, that's what we did. Tall Girl on her belly and me on my back. And Spry Girl laid mostly on me, but also on Tall Girl. That's how we got all three of us on an inflatable mattress.

With all three of us with our feet in the same direction, both the girl's very heavy mid and bottoms were on the same end of the mattress and we couldn't keep my butt and Tall Girl's belly from bottoming out. A lot.

The mattress was already very fully inflated, but it had stretched, so we added air. I knew it wasn't going to be enough, so Tall Girl and I both scooted forward so our heads hung off the end, taking the weight balance toward the top of the mattress. The plan was to have Spry Girl sit on our legs, so her butt was below ours. There wasn't enough room. The mattress just isn't long enough. Her legs hang over the end of the mattress, and they're too heavy to keep off the floor. And we were still bottoming out.

Next plan, and I don't know why we didn't think of this first, was to lie across the mattress sideways. Spry Girl on bottom this time, on her back. Her head and feet hang over, but all her weight is still on the mattress. Her butt is bottoming out. You gotta be kidding. But with someone else on the mattress with her she'll probably be lifted up, right?

Tall Girl lies on her belly, and Spry Girl's butt is no longer bottoming out. I lie across both women. Tall Girl's belly and SPry Girl's butt are both bottomed out. We Shift around. A lot. Nothing is working to keep us from bottoming out. We get up.

The mattress is soft again. Not soft enough to pucker, but not hard anymore, either. I add air. Lots of air. We get on it again. We shift around.

We can get TG's belly to bottom out, or we can get SG's butt to bottom out, but just a little, and the girls are ready to give up, so this will have to do. We got almost all our weight on the mattress, overinflated, and it didn't pop or blow a baffle.

Stacked another bird of paradise mat on top and got back on. Very bouncy and roll-y. Tried this a bunch of different ways so that everyone got to experience being on bottom, and being on the mattress when someone else got on it. You sink very far into stacked inflatables, and they make lots of noise. And best of all, we didn't bottom out unless we tried to bottom out by focusing a lot of weight in one spot.

Spry Girl was exhausted so we'll come back to this. It's a lot of fun. We're going to try butt drops while someone is already on the mattresses.
                Last edited by heaviest; 18-04-2022, 15:53.

Comment

• heaviest
                  • Jun 2018

The girls are sitting on the stacked mattresses the way they always do, to watch TV, but we've added a lot of air, so sitting to one side like that will stress them a lot. I've sat on the other side a few times, but I don't want to pop all of these. But for now I'll let them sit like that, because it's beautiful.

The mattresses are kinda deformed and have some bulges. I think they'll mostly recover, if they don't pop.

Comment

• heaviest
                    • Jun 2018

Egad! With only Spry Girl on a corner of the mattresses, the opposite corner lifts so much the top mattress separates from the bottom one. Tall Girl threw a leg over it and knelt on it. Held on to Spry Girl and bounced, on her knees. There are now giant bulges in the vinyl where her knees were, and it's puckered all around there.

Comment

• heaviest
                      • Jun 2018

Spry Girl outweighs Tall Girl by 120 pounds, but her knees are a lot bigger, so she probably doesn't do as much damage kneeling on the mattresses, but she's done so now. They both tried bouncing but didn't coordinate it well, and Spry Girl really shouldn't be on her knees, even on an air mattress.

Since they seem to be determined to pop the mattresses, I added air to the now very stretched top one, and they got back on it. Spry girl was exhausted, so they just sat for a bit. The top mattress is really distorted and has bulges all over it. It took a lot of air to eliminate most of the puckers, and there are still puckers around the most stretched parts.

Spry Girl insisted on bouncing again, so I helped her up off the mattresses and she knelt on the them, with Tall Girl still on them. Sunken into it on her knees, Spry Girl's belly just about touches the mattress, and does touch the mattress when she bounces. She keeps falling, and she has a hard time lifting a leg at a time to move around, with the mattress billowing up around her. I sat on the mattresses to firm them up. Didn't really help.

She exhausted quickly and rolled onto her side. It was Tall Girl's turn to bounce. She got on her knees and really put some effort into it, but with me also on the mattress she didn't get a lot of bounce. That gave her an idea. She told me to help Spry Girl bounce. Tall Girl really wanted to feel the heavier woman bounce. I helped Spry Girl off the mattress again and she knelt on it again. SHe started bouncing and I pushed on her to help her get going. Tall Girl fell forward and laughed. Decided she would have to ride this out sitting rather than kneeling. Got SPry Girl going again. It was impressive, and Tall Girl laughed. Then we heard a snap!

It was the elastic of the waistband of Spry Girl's underwear separating from the rest of her panties. She decided that hurt too much to ignore, as the elastic dug in, so she had to go change them.

THe two air mattresses survive, but look pretty beat up.

Comment

• heaviest
                        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Duckman
                        Heaviest

Just quickly reading that and you say you have lost 110 pounds and can I add well done
                        Thanks. I didn't intend to lose weight, but once I started I went with it bigtime. My ex has lost about 80 pounds. One of the reasons I have a super size woman with me is she wants to lose weight, too. Good idea all around, particularly with covid. She's gained about 70 pounds in two years.

Comment

• heaviest
                          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by heaviest
                          THe two air mattresses survive, but look pretty beat up.
                          Spry Girl returned with new underwear, slung a leg onto the mattresses that had Tall Girl and me on the other end, leaned into that knee and fell on us. Laughed, tried to get onto her knees, fell again. Tried again and got stuck in a position where she was leaning heavily on one knee and couldn't move the other leg, because it was trapped by the billowing of the unloaded portion of the air mattresses. Her legs are so fat that even with one leg cocked out to the side fire hydrant style, her thighs fill the space between her legs. She couldn't lift it higher to get it over the bulging part of the inflatable.

She Laughed hysterically, couldn't move without leaning even more on the one knee, admitted that was starting to hurt, but still laughed. Fell onto her hip. Couldn't roll away from the end of the mattress we were all sinking into so much. Laughed some more.

I had to get up so she could get back up. Helped her to her feet, then back onto the mattresses. On her knees again. She wanted to bounce some more. Tried to move around and got stuck on one knee again, the other trapped on a higher, bulging part of the mattresses. I sat on the higher part, hoping to lower it. The two girls were both on the other side of the mattress, though. Spry Girl fell on Tall Girl, who was trying to kneel. I pulled them both toward me so they'd fall to my side rather than off the mattress. Spry Girl was now on top of Tall Girl, and it was only my planted foot that kept them from rolling off the mattresses, and I wasn't strong enough to hold them. I fell back so I could counterbalance some of the load when my foot lifted. It worked but we were all on the same side of the mattress, now, and the bulging other side was pushing hard to roll us all off.

BOOM!

There was suddenly less pressure, and we were bottomed out really bad. The bottom mattress had popped.

The top mattress now has two spots on one of the inner beams where the vinyl is so stretched that the whole mattress is crooked. I inflated it so it was tight again, of course! It's now the top mattress again with a fresh one underneath, very fully inflated.

The bottom one blew the outer seam between the white and clear printed vinyl halves. THe printed clear vinyl there is so stretched the print is barely recognizable. I'd love to have seen that before it blew. The pillow of the popped mattress is also so stretched the print is distorted, but it didn't pop there.

The same, outer beam of the top mattress is considerably larger than the other beams, except the one that is stretched the most by knees. That one is distorted badly, swollen and puckered where it is stretched the most. There are two other big knee stretches, and some other distortions that have the whole thing twisted and un-straight. That mattress looks like it's had giants wrestling on it...because it has! lol

Tall Girl says that with all of us on the same side of the mattresses, and Spry Girl on top of her, she was bottomed out on her thigh, half her butt, and half her back, all the way to her shoulder. SHe was bottomed out through both mattresses, over a patch that large. That much air was displaced to the other side of the mattress. Yummy!
                          Last edited by heaviest; 18-04-2022, 18:46.

Comment

• heaviest
                            • Jun 2018

The girls are once again sitting on one side of the mattresses. The top one is so bloated that it wants to roll forward and dump them off. They take up the full length of the mattress. I'd otherwise sit with them. I could sit behind them, but I'd like to bottom out at least some of the side they're sitting on. They're too fat to have laps to sit on.

Tall girl gets up, I sit in her place, she sits on me. That is a really cool feeling, having your butt pressed so heavily into already tight vinyl. We push our legs forward so we have most of our weight on the inflatable and not my feet. My butt and thighs bottom out through both mattresses. The bulging mattresses behind me really want to push me off. I want to twist and roll backwards into it, but I have a 630 pound woman on my lap and can't move. I'm sunk so far into the inflatables that her hips, hanging over the sides of me because she's wider than I am, are also pressing into the inflatables.

Comment

• heaviest
                              • Jun 2018

And...the new bottom mattress has blown a baffle. Two of the beams have merged. That's just the girls on it. We added air once before it did that, and once after.

Comment

• heaviest
                                • Jun 2018

So I finally played with a slim air mat I bought from Walmart last year. I got it on clearance for 50c, but they sell normally for just $2. Well worth it.

They are the same size and design as the translucent "transparent mat" Intex used to sell, and I'm convinced they're made at the same facility. But they are different material. The bottom is opaque, semi-gloss, but the interior side of that piece of material is matte. The top material is completely transparent, and feels really thin.

The pillow measured 13 1/2 inches seam-to-seam on top and bottom, so 27 inches around. Overinflated and me sitting on the tubes but not the pillow, re-inflating as it stretches, I got it to 17 1/2 inches on top and 16 1/4 inches on bottom in my first session with it. This was a test of sturdiness, and I think these are less sturdy than the old intex mats, or even the economats. That makes them very interesting in my book! It stretched more than I remember the Intex stretching with just my weight, even overinflated.

In my second session I got the pillow to stretch to 19 inches on top and 17 1/2 inches on bottom before it developed a slow leak in the most-stressed middle seam on the pillow. I bounced and I reinflated and I folded the mat in half and bounced some more and it didn't pop. Got to be a faster but still not really fast leak. Unreal that it didn't pop.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎