Inflatables blown super tight or till they pop

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inbox_pm
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2017
    • 113

    #46
    I often buying them used on our local private ads site. It's much cheaper then new ones and they mostly in a good condition for my play.

    Comment

    • puffy cheeks
      inflatable lover
      • Nov 2013
      • 94

      #47
      Originally posted by RLMI
      Definitely, with beachballs, when they start getting full, and the wrinkles smoothen out, they're still somewhat hexagonal, but more air makes them nice and round.

      I guess too much air makes them distort and elongate!

      Likewise with swim rings, they usually still have wrinkles, unless you're really daring to keep blowing till the wrinkles are gone, and if you blow even more, till the outer seam becomes completely smooth. Usually the ring is bulging and distorting on one side by this point, if you made it this far.

      Ages ago I had a swim ring that got this big, just from weekly use (inflating then deflating) for swim classes. It lasted over a year then started to leak.
      so what would classify as a finished swim ring? I am looking into getting another ring and I had my other rings tight before but never quite new I guess you could say what a "finished product" looked like lol

      Comment

      • puffy cheeks
        inflatable lover
        • Nov 2013
        • 94

        #48
        Originally posted by georgebayer_1
        Re: Inflatables blown super tight or till they pop

        I do it the same way. Overinflate it hard and then ride, squeeze or just touch. But the overinflating is also exciting for me, I like the feeling how the inflatable grows and get harder after each breath.
        same here by seeing how far I can push an inflatable makes me hard. that's what really excites me

        Comment

        • inbox_pm
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2017
          • 113

          #49
          Originally posted by puffy cheeks
          same here by seeing how far I can push an inflatable makes me hard. that's what really excites me
          A ride and bounce making a toy more warm and stretchy, letting you blow more and more. A combination of blowing and bouncing is the best.

          Comment

          • Hk980
            Member
            • Nov 2021
            • 46

            #50
            Originally posted by Vicci
            Re: Inflatables blown super tight or till they pop



            I think the best ones are when a seam gives up suddenly with a "whoomph", then a surprised face emerges from behind the remains of the inflatable.
            Funny you mention the "whoomp"! I love heat stretching my whales, and when they have outlived their fun I will always sit pop them in the sun. Overinflate them and ride them hard in the sun to get that last big swell before they "whoomp!" Sometimes it's along the seam, sometimes it's in the panel where the vinyl stretched so thin it's like paper!

            (Beer can for scale)
            Attached Files

            Comment

            • Seasidelad
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2018
              • 195

              #51
              Originally posted by Hk980

              Funny you mention the "whoomp"! I love heat stretching my whales, and when they have outlived their fun I will always sit pop them in the sun. Overinflate them and ride them hard in the sun to get that last big swell before they "whoomp!" Sometimes it's along the seam, sometimes it's in the panel where the vinyl stretched so thin it's like paper!

              (Beer can for scale)
              That’s a great heat stretched whale love it’s misshaped. I bought an older version which was stretched it’s still going and fun to ride.

              Comment

              • inflatedskintight
                Member
                • Sep 2019
                • 41

                #52
                Originally posted by puffy cheeks

                same here. I know in movies we see, there are no wrinkles in them and even on the packaging we usually don't see any so I make sure to inflate it that way wrinkles means your not done yet
                I have to restrain myself with inflatables that I use again and again, because blowing them up so tight does lead to seam leaks after a few inflations. I've got very good at patching and reinforcing so my favourite toys can get blown up again and again.

                Comment

                • puffy cheeks
                  inflatable lover
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 94

                  #53
                  Originally posted by inflatedskintight
                  I have to restrain myself with inflatables that I use again and again, because blowing them up so tight does lead to seam leaks after a few inflations. I've got very good at patching and reinforcing so my favourite toys can get blown up again and again.
                  that's how I end up popping my inflatables because of the seam leak

                  Comment

                  • inbox_pm
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2017
                    • 113

                    #54
                    Originally posted by puffy cheeks

                    that's how I end up popping my inflatables because of the seam leak
                    A small seam leak is easy repairable. Often a finding this tiny hole takes much more time then repair itself. A loud BANG under me is a best end for the toy. And I want to get as much fun from every toy as possible, so repairing them until a proper pop

                    Comment

                    • puffy cheeks
                      inflatable lover
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 94

                      #55
                      Originally posted by inbox_pm

                      A small seam leak is easy repairable. Often a finding this tiny hole takes much more time then repair itself. A loud BANG under me is a best end for the toy. And I want to get as much fun from every toy as possible, so repairing them until a proper pop
                      by repairing the leak, could I still do a blow to pop??

                      Comment

                      • inflatedskintight
                        Member
                        • Sep 2019
                        • 41

                        #56
                        Originally posted by puffy cheeks

                        by repairing the leak, could I still do a blow to pop??
                        Yes, you can. A good repair (I recommend "Dr Boat" adhesive/sealant) will be as strong, or stronger than, the original material, so you'll still be able to blow it to pop afterwards if you want. I've done this., though mostly unintentionally.

                        Comment

                        • inflatedskintight
                          Member
                          • Sep 2019
                          • 41

                          #57
                          Originally posted by puffy cheeks

                          that's how I end up popping my inflatables because of the seam leak
                          My inflatables bring me great joy and comfort. I like them blown up nice and tightly and I love to play with them, sometimes roughly, but to pop them I would find a real shame. Sometimes it happens, but I like to preserve them. We all have our preferences πŸ˜€

                          Comment

                          • Kitten
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2023
                            • 227

                            #58
                            I blew a beachball until it burst today. There was some on sale so we got a few. They were just ordinary sized ones, but I had fun seeing how tight I could blow it. I tried for about 10 minutes this morning and couldn't get any more air in, so left it inflated. Throughout the day, i kept going back to it and trying to put more in. Finally this evening I was determined I'd make it pop and after a lot of struggling, it finally split in two with a bang.
                            Mistress said she knew I wouldn't stop until I did it and was glad it kept me entertained all day. They're so hard to pop, but it's very satisfying when you do it.

                            Comment

                            • inbox_pm
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2017
                              • 113

                              #59
                              Originally posted by inflatedskintight

                              Yes, you can. A good repair (I recommend "Dr Boat" adhesive/sealant) will be as strong, or stronger than, the original material, so you'll still be able to blow it to pop afterwards if you want. I've done this., though mostly unintentionally.
                              Cool! In my country an only one type of glue for vinyl is available, a MEK-based polyurethane one, similar to a glue in old Intex repair kits. It works nice, but dries for a 24h.

                              Comment

                              • B52
                                Junior Member
                                • Aug 2022
                                • 14

                                #60
                                Hello,

                                When I saw these two lovely boat inflated on the store display in Carefour supermarket:
                                - The bule boat, with its half-circle handle in the front had no wrinkles at all and also fat bulging front area (under the half-circle handle)... No wrinkles too, on the outer seam.
                                - The yellow boat, with bulging ABCD in the front and almost no wrinkles through the outer seam...

                                They were looked so fatty and so cute...! And both of them was hanging on the ceiling so people could not touch them πŸ˜„

                                I couldn't resist to buy them just imagine hugging these cute boat while asleep and thinking it will be so much fun.
                                Then I found the new stocks with the original packaging...
                                I bought 1 blue boat, and 2 yellow boats.
                                The yellow boat had heavier package as I supposed the vinyl a little bit thicker than the blue one, and also it has the 2 solid handles.

                                When I got home, I unpacked the blue boat and one yellow boat...
                                The new vinyl smell was so intense...
                                Sitting on the floor, I put the blue boat on my lap and pumped it with my air duster from 25L 3/4 HP compressor...

                                Ha..ha... Not even until the wrinkles on the outer seam gone, I had no heart to continue my pump when i feel the vinyl on the front began to hard rock in my tigh skin. It seems like the air inside the boat only can 'run' to the front chamber so it is began to hard while other section still have some wrinkles and the front handle still have its 'middle crack'....

                                Enough.... Then I put it aside, and took the Yellow one...
                                Same with the blue one, when the front vinyl began to tighten, other rear parts of the boat still had some wrinkles...
                                OK, I stopped the air duster... πŸ˜…

                                Then I realized: how super tight of the displayed boat was blown so it had the fatty looks and the cute looks that 'arouse me' so I bought this boat... πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

                                Here is the pictures of the 2 boat in 2022 after my possession about 12 years...
                                I 'just' pumped it like the pictures, so I still can hug them...
                                Even I squeeze them with my tigh, the wrinkles just a little bit tight, but far....far away from the displayed blown up πŸ™

                                Thank you
                                Blue boat.jpg

                                Yellow boat.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...