X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casey88
    lukmanrewa
    • Jun 2012

Recent article calling us sickos and weirdos

This article just caught my attention although it was published on 26th April this year. Headline says balloon fetish are weirdos and sickos. Lets just keep this fetish to ourselves shall we, instead of opening up to majority of the people who just wont understand.

David Hunter, 74, was locked up again after breaching his Sexual Harm Prevention Order following an incident on a bus between Lincoln and Boston reported on October 13, 2023
  • PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
    PVC Fetish
    • Jan 2013

Most writers of the Gutter Press are ignorant dolts who try to rile up the cattle-like masses with sensationalist buzzwords. The masses take the Gutter Press (or Lamestream Media) as their source of reference. The Gutter Press shapes public opinion, but that's only because too many are lemmings who go with the flow and can't form indepdenent opinions. "The news said so, so it must be true".

Now, as for the man, a Mr Hunter, who allegedly performed an indecent act of a sexual nature in a public place (a bus): he is possibly criminally insane. Or just a criminal. And a pervert. NOT because he happened to use a balloon; NOT because he may or may not have a balloon fetish, but because NORMAL people- whether they are into balloons/inflatables or not- do not perform lewd/incedent acts in public setings.

Normal people- including those who have a fetish of any description- have the social and moral calibration to know that it is wrong to perform indecent/lewd acts in public places. Sexual acts, whether fetish-related or vanilla, should take place in private, behind closed doors.

I trust that the vast majority of us do not perform indecent/lewd acts in public settings! Irrespective of involving inflatables/balloons or not.

So, please take the Daily Star (The Daily Tard), The Sun (The Scum), The Daily Mail (The Daily Fail), etc, with a pinch of salt.

Obviously, what Mr Hunter allegedly did was wrong, just as it is also wrong for the Gutter Press to lump fetishists (balloon/inflatable fetishists, or any sort of fetishist- there's so many different types of fetish in this world) in with those sick persons who have an interest in underage girls or boys.
    Last edited by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast; 05-06-2024, 08:32.
    Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• AJK64
      • Jun 2018

The opinion of the daily star doesnt represent how most people think or react lol.
      I dont go around telling everyone about my kink. I have however spoken with quite a few non looners over the years now. Mostly on hook up sites. I would estimate over 100 people by now, and among all of those people I have had only 2 negative reactions. Most people ive told think it sounded fun or at the very least said "I have heard far worse kinks". And those 2 negative reactions consisted of one guy saying it was "strange" and "not for him" and only the other was outright hostile saying it was "gross"

Comment

• MylarLover
        Mylar Balloon Lover
        • Apr 2023

I find a lot of people online more judgemental than people in real life, the very few people in real life I told about my fetish for Mylar Balloons had no problem with it while people on the internet has harassed me because of the Mylar Balloon fetish and been very judgemental.

Comment

• kyochan19792002
          • Jun 2024

To many people, fetish is evil. The only difference between us and Mr. Hunter is that we still have control on our sexual desires.

Comment

• Dust of the Saturn
            Stretched like space-time
            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by kyochan19792002
            To many people, fetish is evil. The only difference between us and Mr. Hunter is that we still have control on our sexual desires.
            I'd rephrase that if I were you. The ONLY commonality we have with this guy is the fetish.
            proxy-image.png

Stretched like space-time

Comment

• Equui-Nox
              • Nov 2017

Let’s take a look at their other titles and see if it screams “I’m a reliable source!” shall we?

Inside four-day 'sex island' parties with 100 women and unlimited drugs, booze and bonks

NASA warned to crackdown on 'space viruses' as biggest threat is not aliens

Amanda Holden posts 'naked in Spain' clip just hours after BGT triumph

Woman who chucked milkshake at Nigel Farage is racy adult star from 'Brexiteer' family

Need I go on? And I’m willing to bet that if I had access to the AdFontesMedia website (it used to be free to access but now hides behind a paywall), I could search it up and find that its probably biased or has a large amount of inaccurate info.

Comment

• srob2
                • Dec 2017

A lot of implications from the article and we won't know what is true. But anything involving a 9 year old girl is weird and sick. To me, a criminal with a balloon fetish is the same as a criminal without a balloon fetish.

Comment

• cl23
                  • May 2022

Originally posted by Casey88
                  Headline says balloon fetish are weirdos and sickos. [...]
                  https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...anned-32677392
                  That is not true! The title of the article says, this ONE person is a weirdo and he has a balloon fetish, not every balloon fetishist is a weirdo. That is something completely different.

Did you read the article at all? The origins of what you write seem to be your fantasy and interpretation. Even though this being gutter press, i still can't find any direct connotation between sick/weird and balloon fetish. The only person who connects these words directly, are you, Casey88. For me, that is more disturbing, than HOW the article is written.

Obviously the most disturbing thing is, what this sick dude did, but balloons do have absolutely no importance in this, but only, how the sick man behaved in connection with children and how he acted as a sex offender.

The article was last updated in April, so we are all talking about the same unmodified title and text.

Comment

• Casey88
                    lukmanrewa
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by cl23

That is not true! The title of the article says, this ONE person is a weirdo and he has a balloon fetish, not every balloon fetishist is a weirdo. That is something completely different.

Did you read the article at all? The origins of what you write seem to be your fantasy and interpretation. Even though this being gutter press, i still can't find any direct connotation between sick/weird and balloon fetish. The only person who connects these words directly, are you, Casey88. For me, that is more disturbing, than HOW the article is written.

Obviously the most disturbing thing is, what this sick dude did, but balloons do have absolutely no importance in this, but only, how the sick man behaved in connection with children and how he acted as a sex offender.

The article was last updated in April, so we are all talking about the same unmodified title and text.

Have you actually stumbled across other articles that depicts the same content? Have you ever seen Youtube videos that discuss these as well from a general public point of view and actually read the comments? Or are you living in your own small despicable little world?

Point why I brought this article up is because this is the LATEST article in the media that brings up balloon fetish. Luckily the daily star does not have any public comments in their article unlike other online medias. Otherwise you will wake up from your fantasy world and see what vile comments these keyboard warriors bring with them.

Comment

• cl23
                      • May 2022

Originally posted by Casey88
                      Have you actually stumbled across other articles that depicts the same content? Have you ever seen Youtube videos that discuss these as well from a general public point of view and actually read the comments? Or are you living in your own small despicable little world?

Point why I brought this article up is because this is the LATEST article in the media that brings up balloon fetish. Luckily the daily star does not have any public comments in their article unlike other online medias. Otherwise you will wake up from your fantasy world and see what vile comments these keyboard warriors bring with them.
                      You only quoted this article. I am not into reading gutter press and would never have read it without you "quoting[i wouldn't call it quoting]" it.

I am sorry that you seem to live in your own little world of fear, focus your whole attention on the immature hatred of people, that do not have an own life. Get well soon (no sarcasm, i mean it as i write it. That seems to be really painful).
                      I personally have gone through more than enough shit in my life, now prefer spending most time in my own little world of freedom, bliss and happiness and don't give a shit about what other people would think about me and what i am doing in my bedroom, if they knew. But they do not know, because i don't try to tell everybody about my sexual preferences, that will never harm any animate being, not even in my fantasies.

I know, that there are a lot of people that do not like me at all and i am absolutely okay with that. The more, the people i care about do like me, because i don't please everyone, but go my own way for my own life. This is often also painful, but i am always the one, who decides, how i feel, what i think and what i do.

Sorry for being offtopic.

Comment

• darcynader
                        • Nov 2018

The "gutter press" is like the "bad man". This is how people talk to their children or their pets. Being sure to praise or condemn the right things loudly may earn you a thumbs up, but what problem has it actually solved? One thing is for sure: Reading an article (or several) and reaching a certain conclusion doesn't give the right to tell everyone else what to do or think. People are responsible for the consequences of their own actions.

Comment

• AlterPlatzer
                          • Jun 2024

The muggles (non-looners) of the world like to make fun of us and call us nasty things. This is nothing new.

Many years ago some balloon decorator went on a looner smear campaign after he found out what some people were doing with balloons. I won't say his name because he likes to Google his name and mentioning it will bring him here.

Bad people do bad things. We cannot change that.

Our fetish is by nature, easily confused with being something that it is not. This we also cannot change.

If I could have chosen my fetish, I would have chosen something else. By some circumstance, I am stuck with a balloon fetish. I do my best to enjoy it as much as I can. I do keep it private, but I am not ashamed of the fact that I like balloons. I just don't talk the about the fetish aspect of it away from this veil of anonymity.

My friends and extended family know that I like balloons because I decorate family gatherings and give balloon bouquets as gifts. I don't share with them what I do with balloons in private because it is none of their business.

The documentaries I've seen about looners seem to me to be better at ridiculing us rather than educating people about us.

Sorry for the rant.
                          It's OK to love balloons.
                          There are as many differences in preferences as there colors of balloons. Accentuate what makes us the same and not what sets us apart.

Comment

Working...