X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d_looner
    Mass Popper
    • Feb 2019

Balloons at Concerts

Has anyone had much luck in the way of concerts and balloons being involved?

I was at a Bring Me The Horizon concert with my missus and she noticed several balloons being hit around the mosh pit!

We were both confused as to why there were balloons there at all, especially since there were metal detectors at the gates so it couldn't have been anything drug related.

We came to the conclusion that there may have been a looner amongst the crowd.. especially after seeing one of the balloons SUPER overinflated being batted around all the people!

It was quite fun watching it fly around, we were just waiting for it to pop ๐Ÿ˜‚ which it didn't for a good while!

Long story short there was nothing better than seeing one of our favourite bands play, and getting to watch thousands of people interact with some balloons!

So my question is, has anyone else had any balloon sightings or interactions at concerts/festivals? I'd love to hear some of your stories!
  • Markus_Looner
    • Apr 2024

Was that at one of their Aussie shows? I remember seeing a tiktok about people shopping at Kmart and handing them out amongst the crowd then it cuts to about 50 being hit around.

But I've been to an A Day To Remember gig where they did a balloon drop over the pit. I managed to save a handful.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Beachballs are more common. On Sunday night I saw Simple Plan and they threw out 6 4ft balls with their logo on it. ADTR and Alpha Wolf tend to throw them out at certain songs. And there's always some being hit around at festivals (Good Things and Knotfest being the most recent I've experienced)

Comment

• d_looner
      Mass Popper
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Markus_Looner
      Was that at one of their Aussie shows? I remember seeing a tiktok about people shopping at Kmart and handing them out amongst the crowd then it cuts to about 50 being hit around.

But I've been to an A Day To Remember gig where they did a balloon drop over the pit. I managed to save a handful.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Beachballs are more common. On Sunday night I saw Simple Plan and they threw out 6 4ft balls with their logo on it. ADTR and Alpha Wolf tend to throw them out at certain songs. And there's always some being hit around at festivals (Good Things and Knotfest being the most recent I've experienced)
      Yes it was one of their Aussie shows!

Have you got a link to that tiktok? That may explain why there were so many!

I was hoping there would be a balloon drop, but I am going to Alpha wolf, parkway drive and a few others so my fingers are crossed!

But that's awesome that they're involved and you managed to save some - those big branded balls would have been bloody awesome to keep too!

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
        • Dec 2023

One of my biggest regrets is passing up the opportunity to buy some tickets for Black Sabbaths farewell tour in Birmingham. Not only would it have been awesome to see a legendary local band in their home town, apparently there was a balloon drop at the end!

I went to an open air concert last year. I took some loons with me to enjoy with me in the hotel, and did think about taking some to blow up at the concert but chickened out. Partly I was nervous about blowing them up in public and also had a slight concern security would think they were for drugs (paranoid, I know). It was Jack Savoretti and the crowd was fairly mature, so not sure how it would have gone down if I had (awesome concert though). Doing a couple of open air gigs this summer so may try to take some.

Comment

• Markus_Looner
          • Apr 2024

[QUOTE=d_looner;n154372]

Yes it was one of their Aussie shows!

Have you got a link to that tiktok? That may explain why there were so many!

QUOTE]

I can find the original I saw, but here is a vid from down in the pit

Comment

• hblooner
            • Dec 2023

I went to a death metal festival in Arizona. Took place in a bar basement we didn't have balloons but there were inflatables everywhere. Unfortunately where I was standing I couldn't sneak one home. Though at folk metal and power metal concerts inflatables are a regular thing. Twilight Force had a inflatable dragon going around. Blow up dolls are a regular at deathcore for some reason in my experience. Dethklok it's tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.
            โ€‹

Comment

• Markus_Looner
              • Apr 2024

Just saw another TikTok from the Brisbane BMTH show. I wonder if this will become the "new thing"

Comment

• d_looner
                Mass Popper
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Markus_Looner
                Just saw another TikTok from the Brisbane BMTH show. I wonder if this will become the "new thing"

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSFWgBwwM/
                That's awesome! I ended up finding the video you were talking about when they went to kmart.. the person who did it commented on the other video you sent before and posted their own video! Looks like they had everyone around them blowing them up how good haha.

I'm hoping it becomes a regular thing.. it'll give me and my missus a reason to bring them to all the metal concerts we're going to soon!

Comment

• d_looner
                  Mass Popper
                  • Feb 2019

Originally posted by hblooner
                  I went to a death metal festival in Arizona. Took place in a bar basement we didn't have balloons but there were inflatables everywhere. Unfortunately where I was standing I couldn't sneak one home. Though at folk metal and power metal concerts inflatables are a regular thing. Twilight Force had a inflatable dragon going around. Blow up dolls are a regular at deathcore for some reason in my experience. Dethklok it's tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.
                  That's awesome! Sounds like the metal concerts I'm going to this year are going to be a good time.

It would be so cool if there were more balloon drops but I understand that they would use inflatables over balloons.. still it would be cool!

Comment

• dawgbone818
                    • May 2022

Apparently balloon drops are common at Ariana Grande concerts.

Comment

• glovepopper
                      • May 2019

A few years ago, giant balloons were released at concerts of the rock band Muse. I don't know if they still doing this...
                      just a scene from the Muse performance while releasing a lot of giant ballons.... Very trippy

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
                        • Dec 2023

Here's the Sabbath one I mentioned

Comment

• d_looner
                          Mass Popper
                          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by dawgbone818

https://youtu.be/R3-bsrxcgIM?si=gHE2AvR5ctObslcZ
                          That's so cool! They look massive too ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• d_looner
                            Mass Popper
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by BlowPlayPop
                            Here's the Sabbath one I mentioned

What I'd give to be in that mosh pit ๐Ÿ˜ that is absolutely amazing!

I'm hoping I get to experience that at some point.. would be so exciting!

Comment

• d_looner
                              Mass Popper
                              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by dawgbone818

https://youtu.be/R3-bsrxcgIM?si=gHE2AvR5ctObslcZ
                              It's nice to see her interacting with them too ๐Ÿ˜ she looks like she's having fun with them!

Comment

Working...