Phobia and fetish

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • phenix
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2021
    • 119

    #16
    Originally posted by UKPOPPER
    Apologies if this has been done before. The link between my fear of popping balloons (or more precisely any sudden loud noise) as a young person and my enduring fetish for balloons since my teens has always fascinated me. I'd love to know just how common this phobia-to-fetish journey is among looners or if people who have never feared balloons can still go on to develop a fetish for them.

    Please let me know your journey into becoming a looner...
    I think that in this poll we need to divide people who has a phobia of balloons and people who overcame this phobia and now enjoys with balloons 😉

    Comment

    • Kitten
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2023
      • 227

      #17
      Originally posted by phenix

      I think that in this poll we need to divide people who has a phobia of balloons and people who overcame this phobia and now enjoys with balloons 😉
      You can have a phobia and still enjoy them. I'm still scared of every pop, but that doesn't stop me. It just adds to the fun.

      Comment

      • UKPOPPER
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2023
        • 263

        #18
        Originally posted by Kitten

        You can have a phobia and still enjoy them. I'm still scared of every pop, but that doesn't stop me. It just adds to the fun.
        I sometimes wonder if I didn't still feel fear whether I would just lose interest...but it hasn't happened yet and I have about 30 years experience. 🤣
        Just one more puff...🎈

        Comment

        • AJK64
          Moderator
          • Jun 2018
          • 754

          #19
          I think I'm unusual in the looner community. I was never afraid of balloons, but even as a young child I think I liked balloons far more than most. They always seemed special to me. I would burst any balloons I encountered at parties and stuff, but when I was alone with them I would play for hours with them, fascinated by how the were so big but weighed practically nothing. I would always burst them at the end of my play... I enjoyed seeing how loud I could make them, and how much they could take before exploding.

          As soon as I hit my teens I found out that they also turned me on. I think my balloon kink is strongly linked to my bisexuality (I like women for "normal" sex, but with balloons it's guys that turn me on).

          Comment

          • bigloonfucker
            Punk member
            • Nov 2023
            • 58

            #20
            Originally posted by AJK64

            As soon as I hit my teens I found out that they also turned me on. I think my balloon kink is strongly linked to my bisexuality (I like women for "normal" sex, but with balloons it's guys that turn me on).
            About the same as me...

            Comment

            • stretchedtight
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 171

              #21
              Originally posted by johndinga
              I am simultaneously phobic of popping but love watching women blow to pop balloons on a video. I don't think I could stand it if they did it in person though.
              I'm very similiar, but I had a few opportunities to be behind a video camera helping with a balloon fetish video and was able to watch girls blow to pop via mouth and pump to pop. I think looking at a video screen really helped trick my brain. I was also wearing hearing protection.

              Comment

              • UKPOPPER
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2023
                • 263

                #22
                Well, I think that's a pretty clear result (people get elected on weaker results after all!). Thanks for taking part in my poll, folk. It turns out the pathway to balloon fetish is often (but not always) linked to phobia. It is the thrill of the horror film after all. 🎈 BANG!!
                Just one more puff...🎈

                Comment

                • johndinga
                  Member
                  • Jul 2021
                  • 38

                  #23
                  Originally posted by stretchedtight

                  I'm very similiar, but I had a few opportunities to be behind a video camera helping with a balloon fetish video and was able to watch girls blow to pop via mouth and pump to pop. I think looking at a video screen really helped trick my brain. I was also wearing hearing protection.
                  This is such an interesting take. I wonder how I would react if I was in that same position.

                  Comment

                  • BlowPlayPop
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2023
                    • 338

                    #24
                    Just to further emphasise the link, people could have different definitions of what a 'phobia' entails. I selected the option for 'I've never had a phobia' but have definitely been through a phases of feeling uncomfortable around balloons, especially if I knew they were going to be popped. It's never caused me to panic or run out of room or anything like that, but thinking back could easily be described as a mild phobia. I used to have extreme Arachnophobia which did really afect me, so I suppose I'm comparing it to that and dismissing what could be considered a phobia (I don't have a fetish for spiders now, before anyone asks🤣).

                    Comment

                    • blnppr
                      Member
                      • Jan 2016
                      • 67

                      #25
                      I always was careful my balloons. I tried not to pop them, but eventually I would. I still keep balloons all over my house,

                      Comment

                      • JCB
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2021
                        • 117

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Ms Crossdress
                        As voted, I had a phobia of balloons, fireworks also, but now they are 2 of my favourite things and I often combine both together.
                        Don't suppose you have some inflatable rockets to combine both for some real fireworks!😀

                        Comment

                        • bigloonfucker
                          Punk member
                          • Nov 2023
                          • 58

                          #27
                          Originally posted by JCB

                          Don't suppose you have some inflatable rockets to combine both for some real fireworks!😀
                          Hahaha, but lightning balloons does exist (LED included). Or you can try to shoot loons by rockets. Or inflate loon by firecrackers... LOL There are no limits to imagination until you've 5 fingers on each hand.

                          Comment

                          • Felicity Fuxs
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2022
                            • 100

                            #28
                            Originally posted by JCB

                            Don't suppose you have some inflatable rockets to combine both for some real fireworks!😀
                            Nope, but I might consider using hydrogen to inflate some balloons one day and see what happens 😁

                            Comment

                            Working...