So, other misc Inflatable objects you use.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balloonPatcher
    • Jun 2020

IMG_4348_800x600.jpg

The latex ball bladders are my favorites. This one was a 130 gram bladder from BubbleXL. I asked many, many times for them to make more but they would not.
    Attached Files

Comment

• cl23
      • May 2022

bigloonfucker
      Thanks a lot. After several tries, joining balloons gets easy and i got much faster after a while.
      Building balloons from scratch with sheet latex is much more time consuming and harder to do, but i did not make many until current. There will be more

Comment

• bigloonfucker
        Punk member
        • Nov 2023

I understand, if a person is at least a little skilled and understands the laws of gluing latex, then it goes faster, but still man has to be careful in order to be 100% sure of his work. Otherwise, the creation will fly to pieces in an instant. As has happened to me several times

Comment

• cl23
          • May 2022

bigloonfucker
          Absolutely!
          The smallest mistake and all the work was in vain. This happened to me as well. You have to work very precisely and with patience. After the latex is glued and pressed, you can only patch it but the seam cannot be undone anymore - no way. They unite to one piece of latex if done properly.
          On small curves you have to be extra careful and i had to develop a technique of pressing single points and stretch and press inbetween to make these overlapped curved seams at all:
          z5.jpg

For me there is still much exercise required to get nicer joints, but this balloon is absolutely airtight, has been laying in the room inflated since November 2023 like the other ones that i did not pop by accident ^^
          They do feel amazing, very different from commercial balloons:
          z6.jpg z4.jpg

Comment

• O'Dragon
            • Jan 2024

Wow these look fantastic! Didn’t know you could make balloons with latex sheets. Always thought it could only be done using dipping molds.
            What I asked myself: Do you think it is possible to make a reliable donut balloon like the qualatex ones?
            It is a pity that they discontinued them and I thought maybe this could be a possibility to bring them back somehow?

Comment

• cl23
              • May 2022

Thank you! I also really love these balloons, that i made. I am working on nicer seams. That were my first tries, but enough for balloons, keeping the air for months.
              You can create any shape, that is possible with latex.

Here is my proof of concept for a remake of a donut balloon and i do like the shape much more, than the original Qualatex donut:
              d13.jpg d12.jpg
              ... and my attempt to recreate the Q24:
              1.jpg
              I am working on more advanced shapes, but my gluing of narrow curves with sheet latex needs some more practice for this

Comment

• bigloonfucker
                Punk member
                • Nov 2023

Originally posted by cl23
                ... and my attempt to recreate the Q24:
                1.jpg
                I am working on more advanced shapes, but my gluing of narrow curves with sheet latex needs some more practice for this
                Is that loon made of 2 single paddles? Can't see the seems... Btw nice SPH

Comment

• cl23
                  • May 2022

Originally posted by bigloonfucker
                  Is that loon made of 2 single paddles? Can't see the seems... Btw nice SPH
                  Yes, it consists of two single pieces, front and back and on the picture the seams are hidden on the sides, because they currently don't look as nice, as i expect them to look ^^
                  Thanks, the SPH looks nice but doesn't have my size, no way. Need to use larger balloons than 12" for this. 18" stuffer are perfect, tight but not too tight

Comment

• Felicity Fuxs
                    • Jul 2022

Would love to give you a helping hand. d12.jpg

Comment

Working...