Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • popper22
    • Dec 2020

Balloons and crowds

May seem odd, may not, but does anyone else get excited when balloons are involved in crowds of people? Whether it’s the anticipation that they will inevitably be popped, or just seeing a crowd throw them around?

I’ve seen quite a few videos related to large balloon drops, and even huge balloons being released during concerts and other events, and I’ve always found it exciting because of not knowing how the crowds would react. Just curious if that sort of thing is common out here or not.
  • Azurefox
    • Jan 2023

That's something I thought about a couple of times.

I've seen vids of balloon drops on cruise ships on youtube. I would honestly love to be part of that but it makes me sad at the same time. I know that people are going to be popping them left right and center. If I knew there's going to be a balloon drop, I would probably bring along a string or ribbon or something and save as many as possible lol. I would be that one guy left that everyone attacks because they have like 10 balloons on a string.

Comment

• Timid Popper
      • Jun 2012

Balloons around crowds make me nervous. I'm a popper, but I like to be in control of the pop. About the only time I don't have a minor panic attack around crowds and lots of balloons is in a balloon drop. The pops start predictably and sort of blend into one big noise. But I'd rather take all the balloons home and pop them in my own special ways if I could.

Comment

• AJK64
        • Jun 2018

I love watching balloon drops. The only annoying thing about videos of balloon drops is you can rarely see the people bursting them due to the speed people wave the camera around or the angle etc. But the few times I've actually been in a balloon drop were incredible experiences.

Comment

• Scooter
          • May 2022

Ugh, a balloon drop is, like, nightmare material for me. Surrounded by balloons popping, out of my control? *Shivers* Good thing they're easy to spot, so I know I have a deadline to get out of there.

Now, videos of balloon drops on the other hand... hit or miss. A lot of them are low quality and aren't interesting at all. The ones that are filmed well I like, mostly to see people's reactions to the balloons, with them having a good excuse to have fun with them.

Comment

• Azurefox
            • Jan 2023

Originally posted by Scooter
            Ugh, a balloon drop is, like, nightmare material for me. Surrounded by balloons popping, out of my control? *Shivers* Good thing they're easy to spot, so I know I have a deadline to get out of there.

Now, videos of balloon drops on the other hand... hit or miss. A lot of them are low quality and aren't interesting at all. The ones that are filmed well I like, mostly to see people's reactions to the balloons, with them having a good excuse to have fun with them.
            I kind of get what you're saying. But as someone else said, the popping is a given and it sort of blends in to the background. I despise popping from the very core of my being so it almost makes me tear up seeing parts of broken balloons. Still, it's a super complex feeling. I think I would still really enjoy being in the middle of a balloon drop (especially if the balloons are like 16" or bigger). So many people enjoying balloons. It's like that time I can be me without anyone judging cause everyone else is enjoying balloons too. I could absolutely do without the popping though.

Comment

• Danniballoon
              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Timid Popper
              Balloons around crowds make me nervous. I'm a popper, but I like to be in control of the pop. About the only time I don't have a minor panic attack around crowds and lots of balloons is in a balloon drop. The pops start predictably and sort of blend into one big noise. But I'd rather take all the balloons home and pop them in my own special ways if I could.
              Yup, I can relate to that. When I was at college, they'd put loads of crystal red balloons up in the canteen for an anti-smoking campaign. Come morning break time, all the students started popping them and I had to leave as I couldn't cope with it. I'm a semi-popper myself, but I hated all those lovely balloons been randomly destroyed. Thankfully though, I got the campaign organisers to send me some in the post and I was able to enjoy them at my leasure

Comment

• Azurefox
                • Jan 2023

[QUOTE=Danniballoon;n139079]
                If I was one of those organizers, I would 100% want to reach out to you.

I love crystal reds. Unfortunately, the qualatex 16" that I get are almost always full of defects. IDK why. I got bags of crystal blue that are amazing but the reds for some reason are just rotten and bad.

Comment

• Pastel
                  Looner Skunk
                  • Aug 2021

Crowds and balloons for me is a horrible mix, in theory its interesting but in practice I hate it. I'm super phobic of pops so I avoid all gatherings that could include balloons popping. Last time I was forced into an event like that was when I graduated high school and the IT program that I belonged to had our own divided of part of the school and the teachers decorated with balloons for graduation day. We had to spend about 2 hours in there doing nothing before the graduation ceremony and almost all of my classmates were somewhat drunk when they showed up, so drunk people + balloons in a brick building resulted in a lot of very very loud pops

Comment

• Cockylooner
                    • Nov 2023

I personally love when balloons are around parties and I come up with different plans to take them and I get to pop them myself or get my wife to take them for me

Comment

• Kiltieman
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by popper22
                      May seem odd, may not, but does anyone else get excited when balloons are involved in crowds of people? Whether it’s the anticipation that they will inevitably be popped, or just seeing a crowd throw them around?

I’ve seen quite a few videos related to large balloon drops, and even huge balloons being released during concerts and other events, and I’ve always found it exciting because of not knowing how the crowds would react. Just curious if that sort of thing is common out here or not.
                      Ive been to a number of functions where there were balloon drops both on cruise ships and in hotels or halls and the first thing I usually do is look upwards to see how the balloons are blown up. Are they really tight and at the limit and whatsize are they etc. I look around among staff members and try to imagine which girls would blow up the biggest balloons. When they fall some just burst them and some like to gather as many as possible and some just fool around with them. My nightmare is usually the ones who sit and screech their fingers over a big tight balloon because it always ends one way------BANG! When I least expect it

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎