Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heliumlooner
    • Feb 2017

Abandoned helium balloons

Who else likes finding abandoned helium balloons, that are still well inflated, stuck on the ceiling in shopping malls or department stores with low ceilings where ever? I find a couple ever now and then in sears or wallmart in areas with low ceilings some time i will find those balloons on the plastic sticks which I dont mind, mostly the number one place to find abandoned balloons is in underground car parking.
  • Seasider
    • Jan 2016

Re: Abandoned helium balloons

I quite often have a look in car showrooms at the weekend just before closing time. Quite often I will come away with some balloons, mostly 11" helium filled with the plastic valve. I love liberating balloons that I wouldn't normally have!

Comment

• Big Balloons!
      • Jul 2016

I remember finding a big letter foil balloon that floated down to the street outside my house, I would've brought it in but my neighbours always seem to be staring out the windows and I didn't want any funny looks!
      A shame too, I love foil heliums and it was quite big and would be interesting to play with (a bit too deflated to use in a session, I would've probably sucked the helium left in it, I love that).

Not sure if this counts as "abandoned", but I also die a little inside when I see a perfectly good balloon randomly let go to fly away!

Comment

• OverTheTop
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Big Balloons!
        I remember finding a big letter foil balloon that floated down to the street outside my house, I would've brought it in but my neighbours always seem to be staring out the windows and I didn't want any funny looks!
        A shame too, I love foil heliums and it was quite big and would be interesting to play with (a bit too deflated to use in a session, I would've probably sucked the helium left in it, I love that).
        I say screw 'em. What's so strange about an adult picking up a balloon? You could just be throwing away litter for all they know.

Comment

• Heliumlooner
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Big Balloons!

Not sure if this counts as "abandoned", but I also die a little inside when I see a perfectly good balloon randomly let go to fly away!
          I feel the same way when trying to grab a balloon, i think its all in our heads I am preety sure that people dont even give a second look when they see someone with a balloon

Comment

• scuba
            • Jan 2017

The last helium balloon I´ve checked out was not exactly abandoned.
            Last year I saw a huge advertising blimb in the air, driving to work. It´s not something you see every day in Denmark.
            When I got off work I thought that I would check it uot.
            i drove up to the place where it was. It was a hardware store. The balloon was tied to the outer fence and there was nobody there so I pulled a little in the line .
            It felt like pullin a huge kite down, realy cool, but I didn´t want to get cought so I left. Next time I went there the balloon was tied to the building so I was uable to get there, aw.

Comment

• bigballcollector
              • Mar 2017

I have not been lucky enough to find leftover helium balloons, mylar balloons are the most used where I live, however I am not a fan of them.
              Let it be, let it free...but keep it nicely

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍