X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Best brand of balloons?

Hey everybody! New to the forum, and I'm wondering what are your favorite brand of balloons, or what brand produces the highest quality?
    I've got some thoughts of getting some from Cattex, Qualatex, maybe TufTex (although they don't last long in storage, or so I've heard), what about Belbal and Unique? Roughly how many out of every 50 or so has defects? The only balloons I'm used to are cheap chinese balloons, which usually have loads of defects, and are subsequently useless to a non-popper like me, I'm not a fan of the fact that they don't live long since they can't stand high pressure. Even with all of the necking techniques, they just burst after a while. I want some that I can keep around, that won't burst at all when at least a little overinflated (I like them big but not too big that they burst). I won't be putting my weight on them (I'm somewhat overweight but working hard to lose weight!) because if I do they won't even last a second!
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Re: Best brand of balloons?

Can the Cattex and Qualatex balloons withstand tight hugs without going BANG?

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
      • May 2017

I don't know about everybody else, but I've always liked qualatex's 18 inch balloons, I can usually push them up to about 22 to 23 inches. My favourite colours are onyx black and ruby reds. Bought a large order from MSR balloons around the end of 2012, and the six bags of balloons I've got all seem to still be okay.

I've got them sealed in a garbage bag, to keep as much of the air and humidity out as possible. The ones I've got are two bags of 18 inch whites, two bags of 18 inch pastel colours, two bags of 18 inch jewel colours, and two bags of standard colours.

I don't know if the actual colour has something to do with the longevity, but I've noticed that onyx blacks (also from qualatex) do go bad, but their other balloons are okay. I've still got two bags of onyx black 24 inch balloons that I bought back in 2009, I've gone through half a bag of those during 2010 and 2011, but noticed around 2012 these particular balloons started windowing and turning mushy. They all now stick together and are next to useless. A real shame as Q24s are no longer made, these were (for me anyway) the real looners heaven.

Comment

• Casey88
        lukmanrewa
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by loonerdude44
        Can the Cattex and Qualatex balloons withstand tight hugs without going BANG?
        based on personal experience being a non-popper as well, you will be fine with Qualatex and Belbal.

Comment

• Micks101
          • Jan 2017

My vote goes to Qualatex

Comment

• Meililoon
            aka lyckr
            • Sep 2014

Qualatex and Tuf-Tex are both known as durable and reliable, though Tuf-Tex balloons degrades a lot quicker than other brands as of a few years ago. They're still great when fresh though!
            Cattex also seems to be quite durable and reliable from my experience.
            Unique has a reputation of being a little unreliable, but the last batch I bought has been surprisingly reliable. Out of the 50 I've blown up so far, only one has popped accidently (it was still a little overinflated, but not quite as big as the others got).

Comment

• lucid
              • Sep 2016

I have a love/hate relationship with qualatex. They have the best colors and prints by far when compared to unique and tuf-tex. But, if you get them a single millimeter passed their rated size, they become almost impossible to tie. Its so damn frustrating lol. Ive always said if they could put the colors and prints that qualatex has into a tuf-tex balloon, it would be the best ever. We usually don't keep them around long enough to degrade so that isnt so much an issue

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎