Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • someloonerguy
    • Aug 2016

The Cattex Longnecks

I've got a couple of 36" Cattex longneck balloons and I'm having a bit of trouble with getting the neck to come out on one.

I made sure to prestretch the neck well by holding the bulb and inflating the neck several times. I also stretch the neck while inflating and have even clipped the balloon shut and rode it a bit while it was underinflated to keep stretching the neck. Whenever it gets to its rated size, though, the neck only bulges out slightly and there doesn't seem to be enough pressure in the bulb to get the neck to come out. I don't continue inflating past its rated size because I really don't want to pop it but I also want the neck. Will the bulb ever build up enough pressure to get the neck to come out with further inflation or is there some sort of trick that I'm not realizing to this? I really don't want to end up accidentally popping it from weakening the neck so much from further pre-stretching that it's reached all it can handle.
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: The Cattex Longnecks

That sounds odd, I've prestretched the necks on mine simply by pulling and stretching them lengthways and then stretching the neck by pinching and pulling the neck open and I've had no issues with mine yet...... maybe it's just a one off? Latex is pretty much organic though- so balloons vary in their consistency from one to the next....

Comment

• LoudPopper
      • Jan 2016

Re: The Cattex Longnecks

Are you talking about the new Cattex 36" with the long and narrow neck, or the classic wide neck? The classics are pretty easy, if you pre-inflate 1 or 2 times, and ride it underinflated at first. When you put more air in, it's a really great ride and super-durable. The new narrow longnecks I hear can be tricky. MaggyBerloon has a really great blog entry at the looners-united blog specifically about that balloon. She give really good detail about necking too. But I think you have to try inflating it a couple of times beforehand and necking the balloon while you're filling it. You can either squeeze the bulb in your hand so no air gets in, and directly inflate the neck a couple of times while pulling on it. Or you can really underinflate it, seal it and then squeeze the air into the neck. That's what's worked with my experience with stubborn necks. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎