Old 23-07-2017, 08:28 PM

bigballcollector is on a distinguished road
Default Balloons being popped by kids
For the heavy non poppers, what do you think when kids try to pop their balloons? You could say something to an adult, but what do you do when a balloon is going to be "killed" by a toddler?
Old 25-07-2017, 12:22 AM

b0f0s0f is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balloons being popped by kids
I would remove myself from the situation immediately since I don't like popping by myself, let alone when I'm not in control of it.
Old 25-07-2017, 08:10 AM

Masseylooner1 is on a distinguished road
This happened with my3 year old nephew he was playing with a balloon really roughly, he first started off trying to jump on it which freaked me out and I was so scared, but then he started digging his finger into it which made me leave the room and go upside, after a few minutes I heard that inevitable pop
Old 25-07-2017, 10:28 PM

Printlover23 is on a distinguished road
I won't call myself a heavy non popper but whenever I walk into my Local McDonalds I get really tense between the inevitable popping and trying to hide my boner.
Old 27-07-2017, 12:09 AM

Hans31 is on a distinguished road
As a Popper i realy donīt like when the non poppers try to tell the poppers what to do with our balloons, that we payed for.
Comments like:" Donīt pop them, send them to me"
"Those loons are far to beautiful to be "killed""
realy annoy me because every one has the right to do with his/her balloons what they want,
if you don't like popping, just donīt watch the video/Picture.
I understand that the popping of Balloons makes you uncomfortable but in my option it is not your place to intervene in the "fun" of others. To think that, if my kid was playing with balloons and some Person would come up to me and tell me how to handle my kid would be infuriating.
Old 21-08-2017, 07:06 PM

JOhara is on a distinguished road
Typically I will ignore a kid or anyone holding a helium balloon by the ribbon and not paying much attention to it. But I get on edge a bit if they pull the balloon down and grasp it by the balloon itself or start getting rough with it. Triggers the foght/flight reaction and I typically use an excuse to go to the bathroom and not make it seem what the real reason is.

Just yesterday I was at a family party at a restaurant and one of the kids, probably 2 or 3 years old at the most got hold of a pretty well-filled pink helium balloon. It was a generic 12 incher but filled to a pear shape and looked closer to 14 inch. Her parents brought it down to her level to bop around and she was clawing and making all sorts of squeaky noises and they were warning her to be careful. I went out to use the bathroom expecting to hear a muffled bang but when I got back the balloon had floated up to the ceiling out of reach and the kid was no longer interested in any of the others.
Old 31-08-2017, 08:04 PM

bigballcollector is on a distinguished road
JOhara I can relate to that. I recon a party where a 2 years ol kid was playing with an orange 14" balloon, he played it roughly and seemed he wanted it to pop, finally the balloon gave up, the kid did turned around looking for the balloon and started to cry, I felt really sorry for him, I remembered my days when I wanted to get more fun from a popped balloon.