Old 28-05-2017, 01:58 AM

Big Thud Joe is on a distinguished road
Default [youtube] Ohhh man, if I had my own unit / apartment. :(......
Was sitting around watching various youtube vids last night, mainly non balloon related. However this one came up in my suggested picks, and hells bells, to say I had a boner is an understatement. This was one of those moments where I wish i could buy these, and go hell for leather.

I know many here love riding and playing with these GLs, but for me, it would be laying on my bed naked (belly up), and having that brand new shiny glossy purple GL 1200 gently rolling across my body. I don't think a youtube vid has ever got me so HOT in such a long time.

If I got some, I could blow them up, but I'd have to let them down again, as living in a rental, I often get unexpected real estate inspections, so this GL fantasy will have to wait until I get my own place. I just find inflating and uninflating balloons oxidizes them much quicker. In my own unit, I would just leave them in a cool dry dark corner still inflated when not in use, which would minimize the oxidation. When balloons pass this point, they don't do anything for me anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83IJ0kOZyw
Old 29-05-2017, 08:53 PM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [youtube] Ohhh man, if I had my own unit / apartment. :(......
There was a thread a while ago about someone using Pledge polish to keep balloons shiny the way they are before oxidation for months at a time, might be worth a shot.

Last edited by OverTheTop; 29-05-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 30-05-2017, 09:04 AM

Micks101 is on a distinguished road
I have some GL700s on the way, not quite as big but I bet just as fun! Cannot wait :P
Old 30-05-2017, 09:24 PM

Big Thud Joe is on a distinguished road
@over the top, thx for the suggestion, might give it a go one of these days, try it out first on some worn Q16s.

@Micks, good on you, yeah, I may look into getting some GL 700s to start off with. Another thing is the GL 1200s balloons are somewhat expensive, so if I buy them, really want to have the right conditions to prolong their initial new-ness (if there is such a word) as long as possible.
Old 31-05-2017, 01:07 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Thud Joe View Post
@over the top, thx for the suggestion, might give it a go one of these days, try it out first on some worn Q16s.

@Micks, good on you, yeah, I may look into getting some GL 700s to start off with. Another thing is the GL 1200s balloons are somewhat expensive, so if I buy them, really want to have the right conditions to prolong their initial new-ness (if there is such a word) as long as possible.
Where are you ordering them from? If you're in the US WeHeartBalloons seems to have the best prices on GL1200s, and in Europe there's a lot of options - Balloons United and Nordic Looners are both good.
Old 31-05-2017, 09:16 AM

Micks101 is on a distinguished road
Loonerworld for me! Nothing but