I need your help... sort of

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Dec 2016

I need your help... sort of

I'll soon be travelling (flying on a plane, specifically) abroad with a group of friends, but we'll be getting separate hotel rooms, so during the night I'm hoping to have some balloon fun. There is one problem tho, that is, how do I smuggle the balloons so that nobody sees them? Is putting them in my pocket safe enough? What do you think?
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

Re: I need your help... sort of

My [unsubstantiated] hunch is that you’ll get fewer questions by security if you have unopened balloons in their original packaging. That way it’s less likely you're trying to smuggle some sort of shady substance in said balloons.

That said, I dunno what they watch out for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• t17forLife
      • May 2015

Keeping them in some kind of packaging would probably be best. I don't know how things work outside of 'Merica, but Bush took away a lot of our rights after 9/11 and hyped up airport security. There's nothing illegal about having them, you just need to keep suspicion down.

I'd let everybody get ahead of you in line (figure out a way) and then just go through security. That way, if something does happen, they'll be far enough away that it won't be an issue.

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
        • Jan 2017

I just toss them in my backpack pocket or my carry on luggage. No one has checked or called me out on it yet.

Comment

• Casey88
          lukmanrewa
          • Jun 2012

I have done this before, put it on your carry-on luggage or check-in baggage. Its quite risky to keep in your pocket, in case of a pat-down and body x-rays will show something you have.

Comment

• Meililoon
            aka lyckr
            • Sep 2014

I've only brought balloons with me on a flight once. Kept them in the bottom of my check-in luggage and that went just fine.

Comment

• palloncino90
              • Jan 2018

I brought balloons with me inside the cabin baggage, nobody asked me about. Once time security opened my bag and pulled out the balloons but he wasn't interested about.
              I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Nopops4me
                • Jun 2015

I've taken balloons on a flight many times. Before your trip buy a packet of confetti/sprinkles plus a long paper/foil banner & small amount of curling ribbon and of course your balloons. Put it all in a small paper/plastic bag in your check-in luggage. Goes through-no problems. If you should be questioned, easy answer 'We've got a party/celebration whilst we're away'.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎