Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoudPopper
    • Jan 2016

Most memorable balloon purchase: Crazy Qualatex 24" purchase inside

Which purchase of yours is your most memorable? Have you thought back on orders or purchases of balloons from the past and thought "yeah, that was a really great deal I got on that"? Or can you think of an order where you remember getting your favorite balloons? I remember this time about Q24

There's this food vendor equipment warehouse in my city that also sells Qualatex balloons in bulk. However I usually stay away from Qtex's bc they're rather smaller than rated size and harder to blow by mouth, BTP, or even just tie off. Once though, I decided to just stop by their warehouse because they have a clearance rack that has good deals from time to time. What I saw that day, I couldn't believe my eyes! Bags of 25 ct. Qualatex 24"ers for sale for $2.50. Clearly these people aren't connected to the looner community bc they have no idea how valuable these are to us, and thus wouldn't have priced them so cheaply. I think there was about 20 bags there. A had to ask the lady at the front desk of the warehouse whether there was some mistake. She just said that they've just been surplus and just sitting on the shelf too long. They needed to restock their inventory and we're waiting on a fresh shipment. Holding onto so many balloons was bad for business bc it was just taking up space... they said f-it. We'll just sell these on the cheap.

I was so excited... I could barely hide it from the people in the office as I placed my order. If I remember correctly I bought 13 bags, which came out to be 325 Q24" balloons! What was crazy, was I got it for just $45 after taxes and some other balloons I bought. This was about 3 or 4 years ago, back before I knew about this forum. I was so exited and I just wanted to tell someone. But I knew that nobody around would even care or appreciate the awesome balloon purchase I just had. They'd probably look at me weird for being excited for such a thing. I don't think I'll ever come across such a great buy again. It's hard to believe, but I only have 1 bag of those left and now Qualatex just discontinued Q24's. Now that I think of it, I should probably go back and see if they have any surplus or clearance deals because they'd have to clear out their inventory.
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Most memorable balloon purchase: Crazy Qualatex 24" purchase inside

Mine wasn't balloons, but back in 1991 my local card shop (Clinton's Cards here in the U.K.) had two four foot inflatable hearts hanging from the ceiling as part of a display piece..... The day after Valentine's Day I popped in and cheekily made a cash offer (I think I offered £10 each for them) which surprisingly they actually accepted and I had a wonderful hour or so stood chatting with them whilst watching two of their sales staff literally struggling to wrestle all the air from out them before me.

Comment

• 9/11 did Bush
      • Nov 2016

Mine was probably the first time I bought balloons myself when I was 16, nearly 17. One day, I went to a balloon shop in an inner-city suburb on the way home from work, which sells almost every kind of Qualatex balloons. At first when I went in, I thought the stock was ordinary, but I opened up one of the trays and found two Q24 hearts balloons, and piles of Q16s and Q18s. I asked what size the heart balloons was, and the lady in the store said they were 18 inch, which I knew she was wrong as Qualatex only makes 18" balloons in clear. Strangely, the lady didn't even pay attention to me blushing and shaking as I went to get the balloons, and didn't even ask what I was doing with them. At the end of the day, I picked up six Q16's, two Q18's and two Q24's, of which I used them the only time I had sex with my previous girlfriend on her birthday two weeks later.

I go to this shop for my balloons to this very day.

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

For me it was the first time I ordered balloons online. Around here it's very rare to see anything bigger tahn 11" balloons, so when I received my package with some 16" and 24" Qualatex, I was amazed by the size of the 24", even before they were inflated!

Comment

• Casey88
          lukmanrewa
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by lyckr
          For me it was the first time I ordered balloons online. Around here it's very rare to see anything bigger tahn 11" balloons, so when I received my package with some 16" and 24" Qualatex, I was amazed by the size of the 24", even before they were inflated!
          yeah same here. havent experienced anything bigger than 11-12" so in 2017 I decided to start bigger. Bought 14" and a couple of 16" as well. I just inflated the first 14" balloon and my goodness its BIG !! i cant imagine the size of the 16" later.

Comment

• LoudPopper
            • Jan 2016

Yeah, the first time I experienced 16" and bigger balloons it was so awesome. I remember seeing them in videos and being like, "where do you get these"? So the first time I got my hands on I was so pumped. Nowadays, 16" is like the "standard" size for me and I use smaller party balloons less often. I'm trying to go back and appreciate the smaller sizes these days, and also starting to experience the super big balloons like 36" and up.

Comment

• Seidenki
              • Dec 2016

I know the first time I received an order for some bigger-than-ordinary-party balloon size balloons. That was memorable. But there was a later order I made where I found a large packet of Q36s for way below normal cost. Something I discovered much later when I tried to repeat that buying feat....

Comment

• Dude1234
                • Sep 2017

Mine isn't memrorabale as it's so recent and I haven't received them yet but I bet it will be
                Frozen balloons on Amazon I can't wait it's so hard not telling anyone you can tell that by looking on the front page lol I swear this is the longest wait I have ever had one pack could possibly come tomorrow but I'm at college all day so I hope nobody opens it since I have ordered them everday feels like a year to me as they are my dream balloons and I'm so despret to get them

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎