Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiltieman
    • Jan 2014

Who blew them up?

Sometimes I go into a store and find lots of balloons being used to advertise a sale or promotion of some sort. I usually look round all of them and notice that some are blown up to the limit while others are blown up 'normally'.
    My question is does anyone ever then look round all the assistants and try to guess who blew up the really tight and full balloons? I do.
  • Masseylooner1
    • Feb 2017

Re: Who blew them up?

Using your mad Cluedo skills haha

Comment

• Big Balloons!
      • Jul 2016

Who knows? Some people might like to just push the balloons to their limit and generally like balloons, some might be looners. Some could be looners without knowing,
      I think it's a completely random chance - some looners could try be in a situation with balloons, or maybe not (personally I think working at a balloon store would be pretty fun!).

Comment

• Pink Balloon
        • Oct 2016

Ehat stores are you getting that lucky with?

Comment

• Kiltieman
          • Jan 2014

quite a few pink balloon but I think the last was our local Bon Marche store

Comment

• Pink Balloon
            • Oct 2016

Lucky, I hardly ever see them anywhere anymore, even carlots have gone to those inflatable balls that get passed off as balloons.

I blame being in Oregon, I love it but damn...

Comment

• Claire123
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Kiltieman
              Sometimes I go into a store and find lots of balloons being used to advertise a sale or promotion of some sort. I usually look round all of them and notice that some are blown up to the limit while others are blown up 'normally'.
              My question is does anyone ever then look round all the assistants and try to guess who blew up the really tight and full balloons? I do.
              Yes I always wonder if it was one specific person who overinflates the balloons

Comment

• Vicci
                Blown to bits
                • Oct 2009

I always wonder, and have asked on a few occasions - strike up a chat with an assistant and drop in "which of you poor guys had to blow all of these up?"
                Vicci x

Comment

• blowhyoooge
                  • May 2016

years and years and years ago i worked in an office and there were two personal assistants who used to blow up balloons for parties. one would blow them up what i guess you would call the normal way, the other always blew them up until they started to neck. i never asked (too embarrassed!) but always had this fantasy that some looner told her that's how to tell when any balloon was full. i rarely saw them in action, they started earlier than me, but any balloon that had a little neck on it, i knew had been between her lips! lol. of course i blow up all my balloons that way now!

Comment

• amac
                    • Mar 2017

I have to say that different balloon sizes always intrigue me too I was in the local shopping centre couple of weeks ago and there was a promotional stall they were handing out balloons on sticks a couple of girls were inflating them by mouth . I stuck around and watched but they weren't inflating them very large at all , although there was a stand with some pre-prepared ones and amongst them were some hugely inflated ones about twice the size of the ones they were blowing. I couldn't help wonder who did those or maybe they did and there was a huge bang and they got scared !

Comment

• Katielynn
                      Expert Blower
                      • May 2012

After discovering the fetish, I've become much more aware of when balloons are around and how full they are. I've noticed quite a few times that most are normal or even smallish, but there's usually one or two that are substantially larger than the others. I'll usually look around and try to figure out who the "looner" might be, especially if one is really necked out compared to the others. In fairness though, it was probably somebody like me who isn't/wasn't a true looner, but just always thought balloons needed to be at their limit to be "full".
                      I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Katielynn
                        Expert Blower
                        • May 2012

A lot of times I think people just get into a hurry when someone is waiting for you to blow up a balloon that they just put a few breaths in, tie it, and move on. That's why the "display" ones are so much bigger - they can take their time and there's no anxiety of having someone watching you and waiting for you.
                        I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• amac
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Katielynn
                          After discovering the fetish, I've become much more aware of when balloons are around and how full they are. I've noticed quite a few times that most are normal or even smallish, but there's usually one or two that are substantially larger than the others. I'll usually look around and try to figure out who the "looner" might be, especially if one is really necked out compared to the others. In fairness though, it was probably somebody like me who isn't/wasn't a true looner, but just always thought balloons needed to be at their limit to be "full".
                          I think that's definitely true about people who think that balloons should be pumped up as big as possible. A while back I was in my local shopping centre and a group of women were setting up a charity stall two of them were pumping up 12 inch balloons with hand pumps one of them was inflating them to regular safe size the other was pumping them vigorously up to insane sizes . I stuck around close by waiting for the inevitable bang although actually none came

the thing that fascinated me was most of the time she wasn't even looking at the Balloon but chatting and directing some other people about what they needed to do to the stand and woulld occasionally glance at the balloon and just keep pumping . Quiet a few she had to let down to tie off -some of the other people around were looking decidedly nervous especially when a good neck had formed and she made no attempt to slow down

Comment

• tebe2hu
                            • Jan 2017

Many years ago when the 'Fossil' watches came into fashion, I stopped by a watch store at the airport in Frankfurt am Main where two pretty girls were inflating advertizing balloons. They obviously had fun: giggled, joked while doing that. I couldn't but smiled and admired the view. One of them noticed my smily face, sent to me a mischievous smile and kept blowing her balloon beyond its rated size giving to it a remarkable long neck. You can imagine the final outcome: a loud bang, some twitched shoppers and a laugh from her (and me).
                            Generally I don't use small balloons but in this case these two girls made a show that I enjoyed very much. So it was out of question who blew them up - they did in front of my nose :-)

Comment

• Danniballoon
                              • Mar 2018

I went to my local Homebase store and there was an oldish guy blowing up balloons by mouth. There were hundreds of them and I couldn't believe they'd not got him a pump. They were hung on the railings of the balcony of the upper floor.

On another occasion at work, a team were there promoting something and this (quite attractive) woman was blowing up balloons with a helium cylinder. They looked like Qualatex 12 or 14 inch and She blew one up huge and the look on her face made it look like she wanted to pop it. Anyway, it went off with a huge bang and she started laughing like she really enjoyed it. She probably popped them all afterwards too, as they weren't there next day.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎