Anyone near Molalla OR in United states? D&L Toys gone belly up?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Thud Joe
    • May 2017

Anyone near Molalla OR in United states? D&L Toys gone belly up?

Well, kind of a rather bitter sweet tail here. To what I've experienced, it seems D&L are if not the only, are at least one of the few remaining places left that sell pvc inflatables that have that phthalate plasticizer.

I bought beach balls from them years ago, and they were very reliable. Unfortunately of late, the guy has been super unreliable, and seems to be unable to get back to emails in a timely manner. Just wondering has anyone else dealt with them recently?

beachballs.com are very hit and miss. I bought a heap of black 36 inch balls from them at the end of 2015, they were reasonably okay, but one could feel there wasn't much plasticizer in them, the plastic isn't particularly soft and stretchy. Their red and green 36 inch balls are rather so and so.

Anyway, the last few weeks I tried placing an order with D&L, their form keeps rejecting my address, and again, the guy doesn't respond to emails. So yeah, basically have become very very annoyed and frustrated.
  • John225
    • Jan 2018

Re: Anyone near Molalla OR in United states? D&L Toys gone belly up?

I've been trying for the last few days on my laptop and computer with the same problem. I was going to buy a ton from them too

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

The only times I’ve dealt with DnL Toys was via their EBay store, not directly via their website. Saying that every transaction went smoothly though and they dispatched my orders within a few days and shipped to the UK in under a week so I’ve had no real issues with them.

Comment

• John225
        • Jan 2018

Back about 5 years ago they would overcharge for shipping and then refund most of it, I'm assuming to give you the best possible deal, at least on the website. I loved ordering from them, and if I could get through to them now if but everything I could because I don't know if they will have anymore from now on.

I just went on Beachballs.com they have 16" 24" and 36" glow ready beach balls that have holes in them that I hope are good. I ordered 5 of each just because they are the last place I know to get some with holes in them. If anyone knows more spots to buy that key me know

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
          • May 2017

I finally was able to buy from his ebay store. About three weeks ago I made a sample order for five 42 inch six colour translucent, five 36 inch snow white, and three 36 inch transparent clear balls.

Order arrive two days before christmas, blew up the first three; the 36 inch snow white balls, and they all had pin holes and leaked. Inflated two of the 42 inch translucents and they were fine but definitely no phthalate plasticisers, plastic was thick and stiff; not impressed! I could go for a refund, but in the future I won't be dealing with them anymore, they're just not the same to what they used to be. Thankfully downstairs in my garage I still have a heap of those beautifully soft 36 inch black and orange balls he used to sell many years ago.

Comment

• John225
            • Jan 2018

That's bad, at least we can get regular style anywhere, most of them good quality. It just sucks that it seems like the glow or sprinkler style might be hard or impossible to get soon. I would recommend of you want them to find somewhere and buy a lot right now. This time next year they might be impossible to buy

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
              • May 2017

Checked his page and they seem to be none there.

Are you talking about these?

I went in to one of their stores before christmas and they had one inflated. Pulled it off the shelf for a feel, and the plastic was as hard and stiff as. Maybe the ones overseas might be softer, but these didn't do anything for me.

One thing I was very interested in getting a good lot of were these bubble boy balls, until I spun out from the price.

Comment

• John225
                • Jan 2018

I was talking about the simplified version that has more practical applications. some you can buy with smooth tubes that I don't recommend or you can buy it with a frosted or textured tube that's more useful

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎