Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoudPopper
    • Jan 2016

New popping method?!?!

Anyone ever heard of this? I was talking about balloons and how I absolutely love them with a couple of friends today. One of them mentioned how she was always afraid of popping but also liked to try to pop them when she had a chance. The second person then replied, that she really likes to rub balloons together until they pop. I was confused, for such a huge popping "connoisseur" like myself, I was like "how didn't I know that this was a thing!?!" I asked for clarification because I have no ideas how rubbing two balloons together would make them pop (maybe from static?) but I was psyched to try. The one person said "yeah, you just literally rub them a bunch until they go pop". Hmm... still wasn't too clear, but I went home for lunch that day and decided to give it a go. I tried 2 tightly inflated 12"ers, but had no success. First it was impossible to rub them together when they were bigger than my palms (and I have really big hands). But second I tried rubbing them together really fast like they were 2 sticks when making a fire--- but no dice. I dunno, I'm thinking of trying some 9"ers tonight bc that may be easier without having them fly out of my hands every 5 seconds. Also, I still gotta see, I don't know if they meant rub really fast or really hard and slow so they kinda squish and grind against each other. Anyone else ever try this? I'll let you all know how my fun goes!!!
  • Slugamano
    • Jul 2016

Re: New popping method?!?!

After the birthday of my wife we had to clean-up about 40 balloons and we tested a known but never tested before method. We piled all the balloons into a corner in the bedroom, peeled two oranges and started to spray the oil of the orange peel in the air, in the direction of the balloon pile, above the balloons. The effect was fantastic; balloons started to pop randomly as the orange oil accessed them: then the popped balloon transferred the oil to the next one...

Finally we jumped onto the not too many remaining balloons :-)

It was a real fun...

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

What brand balloons were they? It doesn't work on all of them from what I've seen.

Comment

• Jimmy22
        Banned
        • May 2017

Maybe she meant rubbing her nails INTO the balloon or pinching the balloon between thump nail and forefinger nail and grinding them/rubbing them that way rather than rubbing 2 balloons together? I'd have some inflated next time she comes over and ask her to demonstrate.

Comment

• Jimmy22
          Banned
          • May 2017

Thumb nail (obviously).

Comment

• AnotherLooner
            • May 2017

You sure they meant rubbing balloons together or just rubbing balloons. I can see rubbing balloons with your hand fast enough might produce enough heat to pop balloons, but rubbing balloons together might prove difficult.
            Cheers,
            Rick

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡