Old 17-07-2018, 08:23 PM

Blowitbig is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Column Fun
Those balloon columns are beautiful, the loons are sooo tight ,they look like they could bust at any second
Old 18-07-2018, 05:26 PM

LoudPopper is on a distinguished road
Thanks, yeah they were beautiful columns. I especially liked the pearlized ones that I made. Didn't expect them to turn out as pretty as they did. What I really wanna work on next is improving my linking of each balloon quad together on the string as I build the column. I really want that super clean and organized look that balloon professionals achieve where the column is super sleek and organized without bulky or lumpy sections where I've tied the balloon quads too closely together. Also, it'd be super nice if I can get the colors of the column more organized so you get that spiraling effect, like if I could have had the black balloons stack in one clean line and the gold in another so it looks like the lines of black balloons twist around a line of gold ones.

I think to achieve that though, you have to kinda underinflate the balloons so that they are more managable and they all need to be filled to the exact same size. I know professionals usually use a cardboard cut-out with a hole maybe 10" in diameter, inflating each 12" balloon inside of the cut-out until it is snug inside the hole. That way each loon is perfectly the same size and smaller than their rated size. First, I just don't have the patience for that. Yeah, I want my columns to look pretty, but I'm not decorating for some sort of party people are coming to. There's only one or two people coming to my balloon parties; myself and my wife if she wants to join in on the fun. Second, unlike professionals, these columns are not just going to look pretty in a corner somewhere. These columns are gonna get wrestled down, rode super hard, and eventually go BANG, BANG, BANG! Wimpy underinflated balloons aren't gonna do the trick. Well on second thought, maybe not. Underinflating the loons make accidental pops less likely, and they may actually be able to take more punishment. Sure, they may not pop as loud, but that's why I have a whole room of additional loons, right? Who knows, maybe in the future I'll make some underinflated columns for comparison, and I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 31-07-2018, 06:04 AM

BigBang123 is on a distinguished road
Have you ever tried making a balloon column out of larger balloons, e.g. 14", 16", 24"? Or have you ever made a column and topped it with a giant balloon, like the images attached?
Attached Images: