Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danman1987
    • Nov 2012

Did my first B2P today

Well today I wrote a new page of my personal history . I managed to do a blow 2 pop . I had my ear plugs in and blindfold myself with a towel so I didn't see the balloon and the neck growing. Normaly I stop when I see the slightest thing of a neck. But now I kept going through. I felt the balloon pushing to my fingers so I stopped at that moment to feel if there was a real neck. And there was a huge one in my opinion. Sadly I didn't saw it. The next blow was more like a *POOF* because of my earplugs. There was a slight echo in my bedroom.

It was a yellow 9 or 12 inch I think regular balloon.

• OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Re: Did my first B2P today

Originally posted by Danman1987
    Well today I wrote a new page of my personal history . I managed to do a blow 2 pop . I had my ear plugs in and blindfold myself with a towel so I didn't see the balloon and the neck growing. Normaly I stop when I see the slightest thing of a neck. But now I kept going through. I felt the balloon pushing to my fingers so I stopped at that moment to feel if there was a real neck. And there was a huge one in my opinion. Sadly I didn't saw it. The next blow was more like a *POOF* because of my earplugs. There was a slight echo in my bedroom.

It was a yellow 9 or 12 inch I think regular balloon.

Maybe next time you could set up a camera so you can see afterwards how large it got?

Comment

• Popemall

Thats a nice shred! Congrats!

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

Congratulations!
        Did you find it satisfying to be able to do it?

Comment

• LoudPopper
          • Jan 2016

Congrats! What is it about the BTP that is/was frightening for you? Do you plan on popping more this way in the future?

Comment

• LoudPopper
            • Jan 2016

Sorry to double post! If you wanna see the balloon when if pops, you can also try wearing eye protection like eyeglasses or sunglasses. Another tip that helped me was blowing up a balloon about to is max size, and then I would use my nails. I did that a bunch of times until I got comfortable with the balloon popping so close to my face. AuroraFox in another post also had a great suggestion:

Blow the balloon to max size, then pick a number of breaths that you are committed to blow (like 3 or 5). Then blow that number in the balloon while counting in your head, that way you're distracted by counting the number of breaths and not trying to focus on the size or anticipate the pop. At some point the balloon will burst when you're counting and then you can get more confidence to do it more often without counting.

Personally, I'm really comfortable with BTP with 16" and below nowadays, but right now I'm trying to push myself to BTP bigger balloons bc I really wanna be able to regularly pop 24 and 36 inchers like in the videos. The counting method is still helpful for me today, I sometimes still use the counting method with bigger or "stronger" balloons like Tuf-Tex 17's.

Oh, btw if its the sound you're worried about, did you know that 9"ers and certain 12"ers can actually be some of the loudest balloons to pop? I know this sounds counter-intuitive but Unique 16"ers are a really great balloon to start BTP with? They're a lot more predictable than most brands. Also they're made with a softer latex so they pop more readily and have less resistance than smaller balloons, particularly 9" and below. Yes people tend to think the bigger the balloon the louder, but what balloon isn't when it pops? Actually past a certain point, balloons make more of a "FOOM" sound the bigger they get, and they have waaay less of that sharp "cracking" sound that makes your ears ring when they bang. When I'm BTPing 16" and 12 or 9" at the same time my ears actually ring more after the smaller ones.

Anyways that's my 2 (or 5) cents. Good luck and many happy poppings in the future!

Comment

• Danman1987
              • Nov 2012

I was scared of the pop and the intimidating size a balloon can be. Your instinct say to you when a balloon is having a neck to stop blowing. Normaly I stop blowing before even a neck starts to develop. So sometimes I under inflate the balloon (great for riding and laying on them though). I wear glasses in normal day life, so my eyes are protected.

I also didn't know if you can feel when a balloon is full enough. Now I know it is like an inflatable toy when you inflate it very firm. So it's good to know. I just inflated a balloon with a little neck so there is progress to finaly enjoy overinflated balloons. I love to see overinflated balloons because of the neck. And I like to press them to me while doing "my personal job" . The exitement if the balloon is going to pop or not is great.

I keep you suggestions in mind. I don't want to bother my neighbours too much with popping balloons. But I want to keep going through with this and take step by step when I am feeling comfortable with it.

Comment

• Meililoon
                aka lyckr
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LoudPopper
                Oh, btw if its the sound you're worried about, did you know that 9"ers and certain 12"ers can actually be some of the loudest balloons to pop? I know this sounds counter-intuitive but Unique 16"ers are a really great balloon to start BTP with? They're a lot more predictable than most brands. Also they're made with a softer latex so they pop more readily and have less resistance than smaller balloons, particularly 9" and below. Yes people tend to think the bigger the balloon the louder, but what balloon isn't when it pops? Actually past a certain point, balloons make more of a "FOOM" sound the bigger they get, and they have waaay less of that sharp "cracking" sound that makes your ears ring when they bang. When I'm BTPing 16" and 12 or 9" at the same time my ears actually ring more after the smaller ones.
                I agree that 16" Uniques are great for blow to pops. Smaller balloons can be really difficult to finish off and the bang has a higher, sharper pitch. I always wear earplugs and safety glasses whenever I'm blowing up balloons, whether I intend to pop them or not.
                I remember when I did my first b2p, I had made a mask out of cardboard, with only a hole for the mouthpiece and I was wearing gloves

Comment

• petitlooner
                  • Feb 2017

Congrats for you first B2P ! It's always a pleasure, and a moment of pride when you succeed it for the first time

Comment

• CookieMonster
                    • Dec 2016

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢